View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #29
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
I don't understand you here.. How does having to recharge at some point during the day mean that it should have a removable battery? If you know that you're going to be away from power for a while, it seems wise to adjust your usage. Turn off push notifications, and limit network access, those kill the phone. I walked the freedom trail and did about 5 hours of listening to my iPhone iPod and I was at about 93% battery power.

Cold reboot of an iPhone isn't really all that magical, hold the two most prominent buttons on the phone until it reboots. That's in the manual.
I guess I don't consider "do not use it" a good enough answer to my useage draining the battery. That is like going to the doctor and telling him it hurts to lift your arm, and his response being "Don't lift your arm." I agree using the iPod function doesn't kill the battery, but playing Angry Birds on the plane does. (Which in airplane mode also means no network useage.)

And on my fiancee's iPhone, that reboot method didn't work for the problem she had. I forget what it was, but when I googled it the third solution I came across was it. There was a combination of multiple home buttons, follwed by something else.

Don't get me wrong; I am not an "Apple person" and I really like my iPhone. If I were to buy another smartphone today it would likely be an iPhone again. But when asked the question of what could be improved; I have suggestions.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post: