View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post
I've travelled a lot with my cell phone (Roger's, but I suspect most carriers are the same) and this is how mine works:

-Incoming calls when I'm in my area code: no charge (aside from regular minute usage)
-Incoming calls when I'm not in my area code: LD charge
-Outgoing to same area code that I'm in: no charge (aside from regular minute usage)
-Outgoing to different area code that I'm in: LD charges

So say you have a 403 area code and you're in Montreal (514):
-calling Montreal, no LD charge
-calling Calgary, LD charge
-any incoming call, LD charge

And 403 within Calgary:
-calling Montreal, LD charge (obviously)
-calling Calgary, no LD charge (obviously)
-any incoming call, no LD charge
This is exactly how I understand it. Also if they still have roaming numbers if you are in Montreal and I am in Calgary I can call the Montreal Roaming number, then when I get dial tone again call you and you will not pay LD but I would as initiator of the call. Handy for family that knows you are out of town and has a better LD rates on the landline or perhaps can use skype (not sure if roaming numbers still exists as I have not thought about them or used them in years)

your description is how I've always thought it works and it sounds like most agree with you... That was NOT what the girl on the phone said... perhaps she was a TELUS phone troll... she argued with me, and insisted she was correct when I said "Are you sure? 100% positive?"

Last edited by MaDMaN_26; 03-31-2011 at 01:41 PM.
MaDMaN_26 is offline   Reply With Quote