View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #25
kdogg
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by flicker. Do you mean while watching 3D or at anytime?

Some of the 3D tech isn't that great yet, meaning some 3D TVs have what I'd call a halo around the image and I get that the odd time with my Sony when watching 3D, but it's only with some poorly done broadcasts and can often be adjusted. LG 3D TVs received poor ratings for last year for this problem.

Panasonic has the best rated 3D TVs but I'm very happy with my Sony HX800 LED LCD. The other thing about the GT25 Panasonic is that it has THX certification so using that mode will insure you are getting a very good picture without calibration. 3D TVs are also made with better hardware, so even if you don't use the 3D, it's still a good idea for purchase. Still plasma may not be everyones cup of tea.
I have recently seen a Panasonic plasma (I think one of their higher models), and one at the Sony store. On both of them I have noticed on light backgrounds (especially white), it looks like it has a constant flicker to it. I don't have this problem when not viewing 3D.
kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote