View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
The cables ARE "kits". You need a signal conversion, a driver, and software to record video.
The ones I posted should have all of those things. USB capture is built into Windows. You just need drivers for your particular device. It basically acts as a webcam. If you want something that will record that output and convert to other media, there are tons of media programs that can be had for free as well.

You can't expect to buy anything in town anymore. Almost all my purchases are online. Either it's no availability or selection in town, or you get raped on prices. All the name brand capture/cables etc. sold in electronics stores are often all just rebranded generic stuff from China in the first place anyway. Might as well save some money.

I was just in Hong Kong and it was awesome. If I wanted a cable or anything electronic, I could just goto the street and find basically anything I wanted for exactly what I needed for dirt cheap. Here it's like: "uhh, goto Radioshack, Futureshop, etc." and get ripped off or usually find nothing.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote