View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #17
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

i have a brother wireless network colour laser and it works really well. duplex, wireless...the usual stuff. i bought it at costco when it went on crazy sale; i think i paid like $300 or so for it. it is a cdw4070.

as jimmy was mentioning above, there are items in the menu that override the "assumed" page usage. for example, all 3 of my colour cartridges went at once. there was literally no way that could happen without some sort of page counter. turns out that all it needed was a reset and it has been running fine. the kicker here is that we use the colour portion very rarely; it is mostly used for the other features. so then the black starts giving me the "empty" message. i followed the menu items...and it was actually empty. however i don't feel too badly about it because i know that the black toner gets way used and the cartridge was the cheapest one.

costco.ca has the best balance of price and factory toner for me for this printer.

if all 4 of my cartridges went at the same time...i might just recycle it and buy a new one. it literally would be reasonably close in price for me to get a new one and get new features. i know the money is made on peripherals but how crazy is that?

i should add that it was crazy easy to set up the wireless network part; i had my windows network and the apple running on it very quickly.