Thread: EVE Online
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default EVE Online

So does anyone else play internet spaceships (Eve Online) here?

http://www.eveonline.com/

I started playing back in 2006 after reading a recruitment thread on the SomethingAwful forums for their corporation Goonfleet. In true SA fashion the goal was to grief pubbies and other corporations that took the game way too seriously. All of us noobs would throw our pitifully cheap ships (frigates) at enemy fleets and swarm them, and drink in their tears as our cheap ships cost them billions in their equipment.

I left the game after about 9 months (real life!) and followed some of the happenings since that time.

I got back into the game a couple of months ago, Goonfleet (Goonswarm alliance) imploded in wonderful fashion and from the ashes Goonwaffe was formed. We have some pretty sweet space that we control and plenty of enemies to fight. We continue to grief and generally piss off the majority of those not in our alliance. Thanks to a very awesome EULA things like scamming and stealing are pretty much ok in the developers books, space really is a harsh place.

It is also important to note that Eve is terrible, do not play it (excel spreadsheets in space).

Last edited by Bigtime; 12-16-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: