View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclitheroe View Post
How did Jobs rip off Woz? I assume that’s who you’re talking about, if not ignore the rest...

but read Woz’s biography - dude wanted to sit around doing nothing more than build calculators at HP. Were it not for Jobs he wouldn’t have applied his talents to anything of consequence in the emerging PC world, made his fortune etc. Oh, should we mention he then left Apple to go build remotes...remotes! It was Job’s then ensured Woz was kept on the payroll and holds an honorary position at Apple complete with pay to this day.

I don’t think anyone ripped anyone off, but I do think one of them (Jobs) was an aggressive, expansionist businessman, the other was mostly interested in playing around with electronics and remaining a humble engineer. It was natural that one of them was going to end up monetarily more successful There is zero malice attributed towards Jobs in Woz’s biography.
Yeah, I have no clue where this story of Jobs ripping off Woz comes from. Just chalk it up as a baseless rant imo.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote