View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #16
HeartsOfFire
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
Update your graphics drivers. Maybe that'll give you the scaling options you need in the nVidia control panel.
From the thread-originating post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartsofFire
720p, 1192 x 668.

This is the resolution currently on my desktop monitor. This resolution allows me to make use of the entire 32" size.

If I try changing it to 720p 1280 x 720, the outer edges of my desktop exceed the physical limitations of my desktop.

It never used to be like this. When I bought my computer, I could fit a 720p 1280 x 720 resolution comfortably on my monitor and within the physical dimensions on the screen. But since the hard drive failure and consequent repair, I've never been able to replicate this. The best I can do is this bonkers resolution of 1192 x 668.

This hasn't been an issue up until today, when I purchased and installed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. The game doesn't support this weird resolution. It supports 800x600 or 1280x720, so as a result I can't mouseclick on the action buttons that would normally be on the left side of the monitor.

I just updated the drivers on my video card to the most recent release, but even so it still doesn't have an affect.

Any ideas?

Vital statistics:
Video card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GT (most recent drivers)
Monitor: Vizio 32" LCD HDTV

Addendum: Before anyone asks, from what I can tell no, my Monitor does not have the option to physically alter the image projection dimensions.
HeartsOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote