View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #154
JustAnotherGuy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsayfarian View Post
$270? That sounds like robbery. If your daughter is under 18 the Vet should have asked you for permission to do anything.

If what you say is true, I would scan your bill, blank out your personal information and post the receipt here to start, I'd also contact the press about this. This Vet should lose his/her's license.
Yes, a bit extreme. I am not saying the Vet scammed my daughter. I am saying that a person should be aware of the costs for vet care.

I am still considering going in to discuss the charges with the Vet. When we first took the hamster in they said to bring her back if there are any problems. Which we did. They didn't mention that they would triple the charges for that 'emergency'.

I believe that I am responsible to be aware of these kinds of things. So it is my fault.

I would never do it, and I don't think like this. But what about people who can't afford these kinds of costs? Maybe next time I should just let the pet suffer and die on its own. Save myself the almost $300.

Just to be clear. I am not saying I would do that. But I am sure some people would.
JustAnotherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote