View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #125
Converge
Draft Pick

Default Part 1

GOALIES
33 G Irving, Leland (L)
- Leland was for sure the best goalie all week (although Ortio is really not too far behind) and looked good again today. Rebound control and good lateral movement were the strengths of his game, but the occasional lapse of positioning definitely affected his performace. Hopefully he remains the No. 1 guy in Abbotsford next season and continues his positive development.

31 G Lamoureux, J.P (L)
- By far Lamoureux's best day, looked as good as Ortio and Irving at times. Very enjoyable to watch him perform this well.

1 G Lanigan, Cam (L)
- This was also probably Lanigan's best day. He made a couple huge saves and seemed more comfortable in net than previous days.

37 G Ortio, Joni (L)
- Ortio played very all week. Displayed excellent skating and good stick work everyday. Rebound control was also a slight problem all week however, but that should hopefully get better as he progresses. Joni is a very exciting prospect, due to his seemingly very high potential.

DEFENCE
54 LD Breen, Chris (L)
- Breen struggled with skating a bit again today, and his slow footspeed was exposed a couple times in the 4-on-4 (especially by Backlund). Very little offensive ability shown at all throughout the week, not a very good shot either. Puck control was average, and his strengths were strong defensive play and physicality. Maybe a poor mans Sutton one day, I guess we'll see.

66 LD Brodie, T.J. (L)
- Brodie finally showed his offensive skills today with his patience and puck control. His shot looked pretty good all week, but today was the first day where his offensive game looked great. I unfortunately didn't see enough of his defensive game, which really disappoints me, as I'd like to no where it's at. Nonetheless, he looked strong all week and will probably be an NHL'er one day.

80 RD Deilert, Alex (R)
- Deilert was one of the most delightful surprises this week. The best skater out of the defencemen for sure, and had very good offensive skills. Defensive coverage was way off once or twice today, but his overall defensive game was not as bad as I thought it would be. He had good strength against much bigger opponents and wasn't afraid to go into the corners with them. Definitely didn't shy away from physical play which came as a surprise given his smaller stature. Puck control was his biggest flaw.

51 LD Erixon, Tim (L)
- Erixon steadily improved all week. Probably the smoothest skating defenceman, but did not really have great speed. Likes to shoot for the tip a la Bouwmeester, but can also fire the puck in himself. Did a better job challenging shooters today but needs to be more aggresive infront of the net, especially with bigger guys like Bouma. Erixon is still atleast one more season away, if not one more after that in Abbotsford as well. His decision making was still a step too slow, but his puck control was very good all week. I look forward to seeing his development progress more next season in Skellefteċ AIK.

45 LD Leach, Joey (L)
- Leach was a smooth skater but did not possess very good speed. Puck control was alright, especially for a guy at his first development camp. Appeared to have a low offensive upside, as expected, but was a good, defensive guy all week.

63 RD Meyers, Josh (R)
- Meyer's is actually a surprisingly good skater, with a much better offensive game than I had expected. He isn't as far down on the depth chart as I thought. Definitely the most NHL ready defenceman at camp.

61 LD Negrin, John (L)
- Hardly skated again, completed a couple drills, but at 50% speed probably.

40 LD Nyren, Giffen (L)
- Giffen was trying so hard to impress all week, and at times he looked great, but at other times he looked like an absolute mess. Today he played physical and very good defensively, battled hard infront of the net and didn't look out of position once. Skating looked sloppy again, but still very fast. I'd like to see him given a shot in Abbotsford.

43 RD Seabrook, Keith (R)
- I don't know if Seabrook's play declined all week or if I just progressively watched him less and less. Despite that, he still showed a very well rounded game all week long and was a decent skater and competed hard. He had a good shot and played with a physical edge to top it off. Very complete player.
Converge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Converge For This Useful Post: