View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #1042
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalberta View Post
When I was looking I found one amazing place, placed a bid got an inspection done and within 6 years there were going to have to be cash calls totalling $17K. Seller didnt disclose that.

I asked my realator about that and she said it isnt required but is very very shady done - this was durring the crazy 06/07 year so things where going fast and furious at that time.
It's not likely something the seller would have known. Most strata budgets are done on a year to year basis only, and predicting unknown costs 6 years into the future is very hard/impossible. Your inspection might have been the first time they found out there was a potential issue like that.

They would have only known if it was an identified issue and had been documented in the strata minutes from previous meetings. If that's the case, you would have access to those documents through the seller so they can't hide anything.

The inspector has (should have) abilities to identify these potential issues beyond what the average seller or even Realtor would know. That's why they're there and it sounds like that one did his job well.