Thread: South Park
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
Sad to see Randy had a small part because I look forward to his antics every show. He is hands down the best character (IMO) on that show.
Agreed, I've thought this for years(doesn't hurt he looks almost exactly like my old man haha). Randy, Cartman and Butters are the three pillars of that show. Its interesting to see how SP has really altered who its focused on over the years. When you watch the first few seasons, Stan and Kyle are definitely the main characters, with Cartman and Butters playing comic relief. Now Stan is basically a secondary character, and Kyle does little more than play the moral foil to Cartman.

The show seems to basically take turns building episodes around Cartman, Butters or Randy, which is great. I think its awesome Stone and Parker realized who their top characters are and altered the show around them(like Family Guy moving from Peter-centered to Brian & Stewie-centered a few years back). My only request is for them to use Jimmy more. Man that guy cracks me up. The 3 I can think of where the episodes focused mainly around him(Cripples, Erection Day and the Special Olympics one) are all-time.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote