Thread: Telus question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Telus question

So, the main jist of this thread is that Telus has lied to me. I need to know what to do about it. History: I was with Rogers. They were fine, treated me good. Had a decent plan, however, since I have a place in Whitefish, I'm always in the states. My roaming can get pricey. I mainly text while down there, so I wanted a plan that would allow me to text without roaming. When Telus and Bell came out with the iPhone, I decided I should get one, providing they have roaming plans. When I looked at Telus, they informed me, that they have a deal with verizon, so I wouldn't have to pay for texting while in the states, providing I have a texting plan! Perfect! I'm pretty anal, and don't trust telco's so I went to three different stores and called the reps 4 times to confirm this. They all said the same thing, I wouldn't pay for texts while in the states. First two bills, no issue. Over Christmas I was down for two weeks, lots of texting, no extra charges. My last bill I was charged an extra $22 for texts while in the states. I called to see wtf and they informed me, that only their CDMA phones have free texting while in the states, not the HSPA phones. She was nice, told me I was misinformed, and waived my $22, but told me, from now on, I'll be charged. Now, if I wouldn't known this, I never would've gotten the iphone with Telus, I would've stuck with the BB Curve. (I wanted an iPhone, and this free texting is what got me to move. I weighed the cost savings of free texting while in the states, and decided it worked out to move to Telus now...and I get an iPhone) I guess my question is: 1) is there any way I can get them to take the iphone back? 2) or can I get out of my contract?
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote