View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have also had varying levels of insomnia. For me I had to do something about it because with my career, I couldn't just shrug it off, and at my age I don't want to become dependent on sleep meds.

I found a thing called sleep tracks. It is based on the science of brain entrainment, but with a lasting effect. At first it sounds ridiculous but it actually helped me. It is both a video course teaching you about the mechanics of sleep plus audio tracks that train your brain waves for sleep.

I don't know what a true insomniac is but I would have bouts every once in a while, especially the night before work. It got to the point where I was calling in sick because I had maybe 20 mins of sleep before a 14 hour day at work. That is just not do able.

Like I said, it sounds a little "out there" but if you are a true insomniac you are probably desperate to try anything, and this helped me.

One small tidbit is that If you can't sleep, watching TV, playing games, interwebzing, working on creative projects are about the worst things you can do. Painting is probably one of the better things.

By the way I sure don't sell the stuff but I know how frustrating it is when you can't fall asleep.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote