View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #278
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
Thanks,
I was hoping for a clever scientific reason why my guests should eat the damn meat the way I cook it, like I would eat theirs !

Imagine my horror years ago when I lived in Kimberley, I bought a very nice dry aged Prime Rib Roast from my buddy Cliff the very good butcher...

Cooked to perfection, rested, sliced, and waiting, I slipped into the living room for a minute returning to the kitchen hearing the microwave beeping and my Mother In-law pulling my roast out... Choked would be the word.

I still think some roasts hold the red colour more than others. Like Prime Rib.
Choked would be a big understatement in my house if I was the hostess and someone did that to the food I was preparing. That is rude beyond belief. I don't care who the person was, MIL or not, I would have words with that person.

On the other hand, you can not expect everyone to like what you like or like the manner in which you cook and eat your food. For instance, I will not eat lamb. I have allergies to a lot of scents and lamb is simply too strong smelling for me to attempt to eat it. If the hostess happened to prepare lamb when I was a guest, I would simply fill up on everything else and would not feel hard done by because that is what the hostess prepared.

I also think as a host or hostess, it is wise, as a common courtesy, to be aware of certain food allergies, or food idiosyncrocies your friends might have regarding food. For instance, one of our very close friends can not eat milk products. So then I would never prepare a salad with a cream base sauce as the dressing, nor would I serve cheesecake as dessert if that friend is a guest.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote