View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #275
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
What is a good reason to explain the redness of a properly cooked Prime Rib Roast?... Some people are turned off by the reddish meat.

And why is it the Prime Rib holds the colour, Top Sirloin also when I cook it on the BBQ.

I cooked a PERFECT Top Sirloin roast on the BBQ, super tender with that Sirloin flavor... She didn't think it was cooked enough....
I have the same problem in my house. My husband likes his meat cooked a lot longer than I do. You can not explain the nice red look to someone like this any more than you can explain that ugly brown overcooked look to me, it is just personal preference.

So cooking steaks is easy, just do individual orders. And if someone is very fussy about their meat being cooked enough, I let them cook their own.

For cooking roasts, just buy a roast that is somewhat narrower at one end. Even "prime" rib roasts are like that. By "prime", I mean the first five ribs, where the meat is not as large in diameter and does not have that big piece of fat through the middle.

Roast tenderloin is easy as well since it is naturally tapered at one end. So then by the time the part of the roast that you like rare or medium rare is cooked, that narrower piece should be cooked medium to well done.

If you cant find such a roast or are still worried you might not be able to please everyone you are entertaining, then just buy 2 roasts. Cook one medium to well done, the other rare to medium rare.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote