View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #178
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump

I've been out in the snow and ice a couple times with my new tires now. I drive an 06 Mazda 3 and I got the tire package from the dealership. 4 Firestone Winterforce tires mounted and installed on steel wheels for $750. There is no comparing these tires with my stock all seasons (which are awful tires). I went to pick up some take out food on Friday night and had no trouble in the snow or on the ice. I was able to grip going up hills and had no trouble in slow driving, high snow, parking lots.

The only downside I have noticed with the tires is if I am stopped at a set of lights that is especially icy the tires do slip a bit when I start to move. This may be normal with most winter tires, I don't know, but it could probably be remedied partly by me being a little lighter in the foot. But they are still substantially better than my old tires when stopped a set of lights (which sometimes I would miss the light because I couldn't get moving).

They are so much better when it comes to stopping as well. Like way better. I did some hard breaking to test them out and the difference was amazing. I've become so use to my old tires sliding all the time when I needed to slow down that I was shocked when they didn't slide, but instead came to a solid stop. I feel so much safer in my car now and completely regret not buying winter tires for the last two winters. I am very happy with my purchase and I consider it money well spent.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote