View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #69
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVAN View Post
It's attitudes like this that make the whole winter dangerous.

You've obviously never been educated as to the different rubber types. You know winter tires are better on cold pavement too right? For some people who don't drive in the cold except to the grocery store, no worries. But for those that drive to work even, winter tires are a good idea.

I don't wanna hear anyone with "all season tires" aka summers bitching when I pass you in the winter because you think I'm being dangerous. Shut it. Grow some balls, get some winters, and then maybe you can re-take driving lessons, and THEN you can criticise my driving.

If anyone reads this, take this away: EDUCATE yourself before deciding whether or not you need them, don't just rely on old, outdated assumptions. If you don't get winters, you are endangering society.
All seasons aren't summer tires. Maybe its time to step off the soap box for a sec and realize you're going just a tad overboard. I drive the same with or without winter tires. Its called knowing the conditions and not jamming the brakes everytime things get dicey. The prevailing attitude about winter tires is a farce. They don't make any of you better, and if you're stupid enough to slam on the brakes instead of lifting the gas and steering you're going to crash anyhow. I worked at a tire shop for 3 years so I do have some knowledge of the topic at hand.
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote