View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #205
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
Lots of activity at the Deerfoot and Stoney Trail intersection. Exit signs are on leaning in the ditch waiting to be put up over the road. Could see that final NW section complete soon!!

Also, I see that the Tuscany bridge is nearly complete and have droves of workers there every day. However, a few seconds up the road at the Crowchild bridge, it seems work hasn't been done there for months other than they're apparently putting another structure between the two bridges. (Future LRT bridge?). There's rarely folks working on it and makes me wonder if they're all over focusing on the Tuscany one.
The rest of the ring road (NW and NE) is supposed to open in November, somewhere I heard they are aiming for Nov 1, but I don't know that for sure.

Tuscany interchange is getting close to done, should be open this summer sometime. At crowchild, the city's decision to extend the LRT means that they are now building the full buildout there, with no traffic lights. The extra bridge underway is for the LRT, another construction tender just closed last week for the other four remaining bridges that will need to be completed (Stoney southbound to Crowchild Eastbound ramp over Crowchild trail; and one each for the EB lanes, WB lanes, and the LRT over the Northbound Stoney to Westbound Crowchild ramp). The detour is going to be in place at least another year, unfortunately.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to You Need a Thneed For This Useful Post: