View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #385
Flame4Ever
RIP Mickey

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Nemisz with an assist tonight in an absolutely outstanding game in Windsor. I haven't been to a game that exciting in a long time. Windsor down 3-1 going into the third, tied it up and went to overtime, getting the game winner in OT. Ryan Ellis with 2 tonight. Man, he is fun to watch. Tavares was pretty quiet tonight.
I have to disagree with your assessment. Tavares was critical in the 2nd and 3rd goals that the knights scored and pretty much created that third goal and was absolutely robbed point blank by Engelage 3 times in one sequence. If that's a quiet night, I want that on my roster.

Nemisz was trying to feed Hall too much at times and was most effective when along the boards and in front of the net. He, Hall and Mitchell were caught up ice on the third London goal.
Nemisz isn't all that good at faceoffs and really needs to work on that side of his game if he'll want to play centre in the NHL. He also needs to improve his quickness. He's got god speed once he gets going, but he doesn't have "jump" and agility.

That being said, he's quite good on the PK, making sure the box doesn't collapse. He protects the puck very well along the boards and has good hands. He is defensively responsible once he gets back into his own zone.

LAst but not least, Taylor Hall is one of the best junior players I have ever seen. He sparked the Spits last night with a great hit on Erlich which caused him to retaliate. He's fast strong and has great hands. If the Flames had to do a "reload" year similar to Philly in 06/07, I would love it be next year.