View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #392
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I'm half in this boat and half in the other. As a young person fairly new to the workforce, I'd love to see prices down so I can get in more in both stocks and real estate.
As a person employed in real estate, this market sucks because it hurts my pay cheques and career development.
Me too.... one half of me is ok with some dropping, and one half likes the value to keep growing.

We bought a bungalow in Glamorgan back in 2001, just as we were married. Paid $220K then, it peaked at about $575K eighteen months ago, and is now right around $450K. Still a super investment.

But, my family has outgrown this house. We need a larger house for the kids. I really want to buy an acreage, but youre looking at $850k+ (at todays market) or so for any in areas I want to be in.

So, on one hand, the drop has been nice in allowing me to look at acreages. On the other hand, if I buy the acreage and it continues to plummet, I'd be screwed. And I cant wait and wait because I need the space asap. I am not sure what to do...