View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #23
Incinerator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pagal4321@Mar 30 2005, 10:48 PM
Alright guys, seems like I will have a use for this thread after all.
Being home sick I figuered might as well do a bunch of random tests on my computer so just defragmented my C:, ran Spyboy S&D and then ran Ad-Aware.
Now Ad-Aware esspentially froze up, left it running for at least an hour and never finished. MSN Messenger was also giving me errors about not being able to story message history. I then tried to update my Firfox, and that installation also froze. I then decided to turn off the computer safely, so it shut down no problems.

Now when I go to turn it back on it gives me a screen saying Windows can not start up properly. So gives me the choice to start it in safe mod, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good settings, or start it normally. If I do last known good settings or normally, it goes to the WINDOWS XP screen with the little bar on the bottom, then reboots. If I try any of the safe mode options, it starts loading files, then reboots.
I'm running Windows XP w/ SP2, AMD Athlon 64 2800, 512 MB DDR Ram, Gigabyte Mother board.....
Anyone know of what's wrong with my computer or even any solutions?
Certain spywares corrupts Adaware and Spybot S&D, try MS (Giant) Anti-Spyware if your computer is still functional (I assume it is since you can still post here). But Do the Trent Micro HouseCall before you download MS Anti-Spyware if you can. If you managed to get rid of everything smoothly get yourself a copy of NOD32 Anti-Virus. Norton is the biggest piece of crap ever. McAfee is decent but not as good as NOD32. AVG Free is ok for what it is but I wouldn't entrust my PC's security to it.