View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #199
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
Toronto is just as a much a city people move to for work. I know lots of people who have moved to Toronto, not because they want to, but because it was the best thing for their career. You either go to Toronto because you got a great job or because you want to live a lifestyle that might not be acceptable in your home town.

If it weren't for the weed and the weather few people would move to Vancouver. The point is that the work is there in Calgary. It's an attractive city for people looking to get a better job. I know I'd rather move to Calgary then Toronto if I was looking for work.
Corrected your last sentence.

Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. That's why people move there. Toronto is nice, has nice weather and has jobs, that's why people move there.
Cities like that attract more people, it has alway been like that. People in the long past chose these locations because of the water and weather. These big cities will always be attracting people. You may choose Calgary, but you represent the proverbial drop in the bucket.