View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #37
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any MP3 that is not specificly DRMed for use on a specific MP3 player ( 99.999 % of stuff that is illegal will not have any DRM) so will work fine, plus anything you added from CD's
is totally fair game for use on an Ipod (or any other MP3 player I am aware of).

As for Itunes, people dislike it because you cant just simply add a single song by dragging it to your players hard drive, you need to sync the entire drive. Personally i didnt find it that awkward, since I charge mine off USB anyway.

Some dislike paying for music, when you can get it for free. Personally for a buck a song, the ease and reliability of downloading (try finding a good download on any p2p service the first try) make it more than worth it to pay a buck. There are limits to what you can do with this music, like you can only have it on 5 computers, 8 CD's or on unlimited ipods at any one time. Any more than that and you would need to redownload the song for another buck. However, if you want DRM free music that you can use the song as many times as you want, on whatever player you want etc, you can pay 1.39 a song ( On most songs, some are not avaibale in DRM free version).

I also really like about Itunes is that it easily rips any CD into your itunes library, anyone, no matter how clueless can use it.

That said, my ipod is 4 years old and the battery only lasts about 3 hours now on a full charge, so I am considering buying a new player. I have seen the creative zen and for the price it seems very nice.