Thread: GPS Question
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I actually do know quite a bit about GPS, not an insane amount, but features, how to use them etc. I'm currently working in an electronics store that sells them. The thing is I'd like to get some people who've used them and know their ups and downs. I've got some reviews, as well as playing with them inside the store (which doesn't let me see how they work when receiving satellite signal).

Few things:

1 - Garmin are really easy to use, I like their on screen guide, and the name is one of the top, if not the top in the business. I've been told Air Canada Jazz uses them in their planes.

2 - The only MIO I've used had problems with it. While using the system was easy enough, there was a problem with the unit itself, which makes me leery, even though it's the only problem I've seen with any GPS unit.

3 - The TomTom suction, well sucked. Not in a good way. It wouldn't stay stuck to the casing, which threw me off of them. I haven't seen them in ages (sold out for weeks) I don't think it had Text-to-Speach, a feature I was looking for. Maybe it was Bluetooth, something I was originally looking for, but then opted against due to a much higher cost for Bluetooth & Text-to-Speech in the same unit. When I made that decision the TomTom's were gone.

The only real reason I posted is that I want to hear good experiences about the MIO.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote