PDA

View Full Version : Clearly Contacts

Coach
12-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Does anyone order their contacts from this site, or any other discount sites? Do you recommend it? I usually get my contacts from my Optometrist. But it lloks like a substantial discount form here.

Rathji
12-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I have ordered contacts and glasses from Clearlycontacts.ca and have not had any problems. Just make sure you are ordering the same ones you normally get. My optometric told me that because my glasses are so simple, there is really no way to screw them up.

DrJ
12-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I've had nothing but great service and cheap prices. Delivery is quick, too. Try and snag an online deal for even more savings. Redflag usually has some or check the awesome deal thread.

OilKiller
12-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I've had no issues from them. I have ordered a couple of times. About the only thing I would complain about is the fact that any "special" type lenses are usually back ordered, so you have to wait another 10 days or so, but really, I've not had any issues, always got what I ordered and they even gave me a discount when I called to complain about the back order the second time.

Coach
12-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks everyone! can you claim it on benefits? and are there anyother sites?

chemgear
12-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I used to be a customer of Clearly Contacts - however, you should note they have a US website for Coastal Contacts. They will try to redirect you to the Canadian website but "stay the course." It's also pretty obvious from the website that it is the same company.

I have found that it's even cheaper to buy from the US site and have it shipped here.

No issues with HSA usage even through the US as well.

chemgear
12-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I've had nothing but great service and cheap prices. Delivery is quick, too. Try and snag an online deal for even more savings. Redflag usually has some or check the awesome deal thread.

This too - a quick google search can often net you a 10-20% discount especially around stat holidays and such.

blankall
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I used to be a customer of Clearly Contacts - however, you should note they have a US website for Coastal Contacts. They will try to redirect you to the Canadian website but "stay the course." It's also pretty obvious from the website that it is the same company.

I have found that it's even cheaper to buy from the US site and have it shipped here.

No issues with HSA usage even through the US as well.

Yeah I buy from their US counterpart....even cheaper.

I would recommend going to an optometrist even if you do buy these online to do a checkup. However, don't let lense crafters etc.. gauge you on the price of the actual contacts, which is where ordering online comes in.

Also, when you are ordering online, I would only order brands and specific models you have worn in the past without issue and make sure you get all the numbers you have on the side of your box to match up to those on the website you are ordering from.

burning_acid1
12-15-2010, 01:46 PM
I've compared the prices with clearly contacts with costco, and costco was still cheaper. I wear Acuvue oasys.

Russic
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
I was told once that you can pay through your work if you have such a plan.

Qwerty
12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Just check with your HR department and they will tell you if they can claim them. I claimed mine with no problems.

Ace
12-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks everyone! can you claim it on benefits? and are there anyother sites?

I've claimed them, but my insurance company never reimburses the "shipping or handling fees"

I always use up my "spending room" so to me it doesn't matter because i'll eventually have to pay some out of pocket anyway. I've found there isn't much savings if your perscription is always changing and you can only get one set at a time (they offer larger discounts the more you buy at once), but I still use them because it's just way more convienent than going to my optometrist everytime i'm close to out...

Also how can you not like a company that doesn't make you pay until you receive them...

Bill Bumface
12-15-2010, 03:57 PM
If the dollar is close (which it is) the prices on VisionDirect.com will kill ClearlyContacts.ca. If you can wait a week for shipping, I'd go that route.

Devils'Advocate
12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I've compared the prices with clearly contacts with costco, and costco was still cheaper. I wear Acuvue oasys.

I wear Acuvue Oasys also.

For 8 boxes, clearlycontacts wanted $253!!

At lens.com, it worked out to $159.

Since ClearlyContacts guarantees the lowest price, I went to their Price Match page and filled in the details from lens.com.

I got an e-mail from them today saying that not only will they match lens.com, but beat them by giving the lenses to me for $150.

Sounds like good customer service to me. However, it makes me think... if they are willing to beat $159 and offer me the lenses for $150... just how much profit are they making on the people who pay $253!?!?!

DrJ
12-15-2010, 04:11 PM

Biggest drawback here is if you already have an optometrist. You can't purchase contacts from Costco unless you go to their in-house optometrists.