PDA

View Full Version : WESTERN FINALS: Riders vs STAMPEDERS

Pages : [1] 2

OzSome
11-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Watching the CIS Football between the Dinos and St. Mary makes me think the score on the Western Finals between the Riders and the Stamps will be low. The weather tomorrow during the game will probably be the same as today and I am not sure we will see an over 300+ yards passing game. I think that would be favourable for the Stamps as usually the Riders receivers decides to play better against the Stamps all the time. I mean, Durant and some of their receivers looks like an average players against other teams but when they play against the Stamps they think they are superman. Hopefully after the Stamps beating them last game and Browner shutting down Fantuz all game they go back to earth.

OFFENSE:

All-Star Quarterback and Western Most Outstanding Player Henry Burris will have to use his legs more than before in this game. We all know Burris can throw the ball no matter what weather we have but it will be awesome if he uses his legs this time. Our two-headed monster Running Backs Joffrey Reynolds and Jon Cornish will be count on a lot. I like their chances in running through the Riders run defense. I don't feel the Riders' run defense is as good as what TSN and the media mentions. Their what so-called Minieter of Defense Barrin Simpson is probably one of the most overrated LB in the league. If our OLine takes care of the Riders DLine, I can't see Simpson stopping Reynolds or Cornish.

DEFENSE:

Our DLIne will have to contain Darian Durant more and chase him all day. JUwan Simpson and Malik Jackson will need to stop Wes Cates. With the weather being a factor in this game, I can't see Durant throwing those long balls a lot during the game. DB Brandon Browner and Dwight Anderson needs to shut down Fantuz, Dressler and even Getzlaf all game. Stay away from unnecessary penalties.

SPECIAL TEAM:

This is where the Stamps needs to step up. Our Special Team has been abysmal all season and something has to change. Our coverage has been non-existent at times and whoever play between Murphy or Talley needs to give our offense a better field position. Having great field positions will be a key on this game.

Key to this game for the Stamps. Pressure Durant all game and our DB needs to a better job not giving Durant a look on open receiver. Browner did a good job on Fantuz last time and I am sure Riders will try to have an answer to it. I still think Chris Jones shouldn't change a bit from last game. Everyone knows that the referees will be watching these guys really close for Pass Interference. I just hope the refs will let them play and not to call every single tug and push.
DLine and LB needs to stop Wes Cates and other Riders RB and Durant early on the scrimmage. The more DLine pressures Durant the better chances the Stamps can shut them down.

Last time I went to a very chilly playoff game at McMahon was against the Riders as well a long time ago. Dress warm and hopefully the Stamps fans will not let the Riders fans take over our turf.

GO STAMPS GO!!!

arloiginla
11-20-2010, 03:58 PM
It's going to be a tough game. Honestly I have no idea how it's going to unfold. Some predictions though:

-The Riders shut down the run for the most part. The Stamps are making it far too obvious what they're going to do, and the Riders will base their gameplan around Reynolds and Cornish. The Stamps will need to move the ball via the air in order to win.

-Special teams won't be special. Kean and Maver will only make short FG's, and there will be some shanked punts. Cover teams will have to tackle well.

-Browner and Anderson will get flagged a couple of times for PIF, but no Rider receiver will top 150 yards this time.

-It won't be as low-scoring as some people think, but no shoot-out either. Ups and downs for both teams. At least one safety conceded in the game.

-Stamps win a close one. Riders will make a late push with a TD but the Stamps O will score just enough to make the lead stand.

Flickered Flame
11-20-2010, 04:07 PM
In advance of Sunday's CFL Western Final between the Roughriders and Stampeders in Calgary, popular Saskatchewan slotback Andy Fantuz found himself the centre of reporters' attention. Calgary Herald football writer Allen Cameron asked Andy about the fact the last time these two teams met, Fantuz was held without a catch. Allen asked Andy about the tactics used by Stamps cornerback Brandon Browner.

"It's not illegal if they don't call it," Fantuz offered. "That's something to ask the referees, not me. I'm just going to go play and if they let him get away with whatever he's doing, I just have to play through it and do whatever I can to make whatever we're trying to do, work. He's good at what he does and I give him a lot of respect for that. At the same time we'll have to attack them differently."

Cameron asked Fantuz what specifically Browner is getting away with.

"You're just trying to start an argument now," Fantuz shot back. "Honestly if I was in his shoes I'd be doing the same thing if it wasn't being called. He's kind of bending the rules, not breaking them, so I guess that's what this league is about."
http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/

Erick Estrada
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I can live with legit PI calls but I hope there aren't calls where the officials think they see something that isn't there just because it's Browner or Anderson.

Mazrim
11-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for doing these write-ups every game OzSome! I always enjoy the little pre-game read before watching the Stamps. :)

-The Riders shut down the run for the most part. The Stamps are making it far too obvious what they're going to do, and the Riders will base their gameplan around Reynolds and Cornish. The Stamps will need to move the ball via the air in order to win.
I disagree. The Stamps have run all over the Riders defense in the past, and I don't see that changing. There have been games this year where the Stamps have leaned on the run game much more than others and the result is generally the same. I'd say Reynolds and Cornish's average yards per carry speaks volumes to that.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 01:41 PM
How They Match-Up according to the Herald this morning:

When the Stamps run:
No team ran the ball better than Calgary this season. On the other hand, No team defended the rush worse than Saskatchewan.
ADVANTAGE: Calgary

When Stamps pass:
QB Henry Burris saved his best games for the back half of the season; it wasn't a coincidence that his upswing coincided with the return of Ken-Yon Rambo after knee surgery. The Stamps boast a deep, dangerous receiving corps. The Sasktchewan secondary is dangerous, especially league INT leader James Patrick. Rambo, Bryant and Lewis VS Patrick and Kornegy.
Advantage: Calgary

When the Riders run:
Wes Cates has been written off more times that he cares to remember; but give the man a credit; even with a patchwork O-Line in front of him, he finds a way to produce. Stamps front-seven fills gaps better than any defense in the league.

When the Riders pass:
For all the talk about Durant's league-high 22 INTs, he's still imposing man for the Stamps to deal with. No QB has torched rge Stamps secondary over the past couple seasons more than Durant. Calgary has an athletic quick secondary, but the Riders gives them fit.
Advantage: Riders

Special teams:
Punters and return games pretty much equal. The difference will be the kicker. Calgary rookie kicker Rob Maver beat out Riders K Warren Kean in the Stamps training camp this season. Maver had some issues with longer kicks; but he was nails-tough in key games and key situations. The same can't be said for Kean, who looked awfully shaky in the West Semi-Final vs the Lions. If it is going to be a battle of kickers, I think the Stamps will have a better chance of winning this game.

Game Time: 2:30pm, Mc Mahon Stadium
Televised: TSN
Game Time temperature is going to be -16C with snow flurries

GO STAMPS GO!!

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Looking forward to the big game, had to upgrade my DirectTV package to make sure I got it today. Go Stamps!!!

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 02:19 PM
We need this win so bad, this team is too good not to be a champion. We have gone through so much as a team this year, where we started off with questions marks to the best in the CFL. Reading the paper today, guys love Huff, he is a great coach. I go back to that pre game speech before the Grey Cup, and how when he finished that team was ready to plow through brick walls for him.

We have the best coach, the best QB, the best receiver, the better cornerbacks, the better middle linebacker. On paper we are the best, now we have to go out and impose our will, and execute and how that we are the BEST.

Dion
11-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Go Stamps!

Should be a great game!

HotHotHeat
11-21-2010, 02:31 PM
I really hope it snows this afternoon. Snow football is always such a gongshow.

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Great Glenn Suiotor :(

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow what a weak call on the 1st play of the game. Looks like the refs will be wearing the usual greens tonight.

Thor
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Damn, athe isnt working anymore for the CFL feeds. Guess its good ole QR77 for me :D

GO STAMPS!

Frank MetaMusil
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
There's the first crap PI call.....Cross Dressler draws the penalty

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 02:57 PM
That call was BS

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Woo Hoo Pick!!!

rubecube
11-21-2010, 02:58 PM
HAHAHAHA! Nice throw, Darian.

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Awesome. An offside penalty against a rider's receiver is just as rare as a diving penalty against a Canuck.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Saw a bit of everything that drive that these teams are known for. PI on Stamps, offside on SK (they are always offside it's just they don't get called enough) and the pick on Durant.

HotHotHeat
11-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Great energy from the Stamps to start. Love the way this game is going already.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Nice play by Burris!

Thor
11-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:03 PM
that was a pretty huge hit by the Rider player... on his own teammate. ! hehehe

Frank MetaMusil
11-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes, offside again!

PeteLFan
That Dressler dive was a disgrace.

Erick Estrada
I can't believe they are finally calling offsides on the Riders. About time.

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:07 PM
HOly F! 2 offside penalties on rider receivers?

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
horrible play call on a 2nd and 4. come on stamps. keep up the pressure!!

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
looks like NHL refs are bringing their A game like the CFL guys.

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
The Riders always get cheap calls.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Special teams are going to be the death of this team. Two illegal blocks now put the Riders near scoring position.

Joborule
11-21-2010, 03:17 PM
lol, wrong thread.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Cornish needs to start running straight.

Pick a gap and GO!

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Awesome punt. but man the Stamps gotta stop running so much.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Great punt!! C'mon D lets get the momentum back

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
the riders offence looks argolike

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
2 and out - time for the O to put together a nice long scoring drive

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Boy the running game is just not happening.

HotHotHeat
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
The Riders always get cheap calls.

Can you please play something positive?

Seriously. Stop.

Frank MetaMusil
11-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Weak call there. Sask gets another break....ugh

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:31 PM
What a BS penalty.

Frank MetaMusil
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Need a stop here.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Some pressure on Durant would be nice

Hemi-Cuda
Getzlaf looks like a superstar against the Stampeders, you'd think they'd learn to cover him once in awhile

Bertuzzied
Is jones stupid? Getzlaf is the only person doing anything on offence and you don't put special coverage on him?

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Some pressure on Durant would be nice
Looks like the Stamps' gameplan is to have extra coverage and hope Durant throws more picks.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Keon Raymond is Getzlaf's bitch

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Getzlaf is one ugly person.

Joborule
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Nice throw...to the other team.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks Frank.

Frank MetaMusil
11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Frank shows up......f'n brutal.

Kerplunk
That's the Burris I'm used to seeing...

rubecube
What an absolutely disgusting pass. Burris should feel shame.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Bryant didnt come back to the ball either.

Come on D, hold tight here

Frank MetaMusil
Here comes another weak PI call

I_H8_Crawford
Stupid penalty by Browner.

BRUTAL.

Bertuzzied
hahahah stupid f-ing stamps defenders. trash talking when flags are flying.

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Browner f-ing sucks. i hope they cut his ass after this year. useless.

Kerplunk
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Wow, that's a lot of penalty yards. Gotta clean it up.

I_H8_Crawford
WTG Stamps.

Way to blow the lead you losers.

Bertuzzied
Stamps ahve no one to blame but themselves.

HotHotHeat
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Calgary just fell apart.

PeteLFan
Brutal.

Acey
Nice.

Bertuzzied
Just throw Anderson out of the game. he is completely useless too

bigbadboss101
11 penalties against, that's not discipline football.

I_H8_Crawford
Stamps collapsing.

BRUTAL.

ENOUGH with the god damn ####ing ######ed penalties you bitches!

LGA
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey I saw this before! It's the exact same collapse they had this time last year in the exact same game!!! Good job guys, really good job. :bag:

Frank MetaMusil
Cross Dressler is disgraceful with those dives.

Joborule
Stamps gotta check their attitudes and focus. Otherwise they're going to be in for a dissapointing result.

Hemi-Cuda
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Calgary teams in general just love epic collapses. the Stamps just threw away a solid first half in the last 2 minutes, that was quick

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Stamps gotta check their attitudes and focus. Otherwise they're going to be in for a dissapointing result.
They better get re-focused and god damn fast.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
The secondary is super undisciplined and getting schooled. That said, they got to go away from the 3 man rush and get some pressure.

I_H8_Crawford
The secondary is super undisciplined and getting schooled. That said, they got to go away from the 3 man rush and get some pressure.
Yep, once Duran Durant heats up, extra coverage doesn't help.

Get pressure, hit him, make him uncomfortable.

Bertuzzied
Calgary teams in general just love epic collapses. the Stamps just threw away a solid first half in the last 2 minutes, that was quick

Thats what happens when you have all the momentum with a 11-0 lead and proceed to run and punt 4 straight posessions. Also rushing 3 against Durant is a guaranteed loss. stupid.

arloiginla
Disappointing, but not surprising. Stamps play 28 minutes of solid football but the offense can't drive the ball, Riders come back and take the lead.

Some bad PI calls against calgary but as I predicted the Stamps run game is going nowhere and it is costing them. Also they are getting no pressure on Durant.

They are going to lose.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Riders are just more of a big play team. That's why I picked them to win the game. Stamps owned the half but in a matter of minutes they go from 11-0 to 11-14. The offense has been pretty bad after the initial scores. You can't keep Durant down forever with this man defence because eventually he will find the other receivers.

Bent Wookie
11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
There was alot of talk in the CFL thread about the league wanting Sask to win... I didn't believe it. However, after that clearly bias performance by the ref's, there is no doubt. Sask is playing well, but it's hard to play them and the ref's. The number of non-call holding penalties was astonishing.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:57 PM

I love the Flames and the Stampeders but man talk about two franchises that are probably tops amongst North America in chokes. It gets pretty hard to take sometimes. The players change but the teams always seem to choke in big games.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
There was alot of talk in the CFL thread about the league wanting Sask to win... I didn't believe it. However, after that clearly bias performance by the ref's, there is no doubt. Sask is playing well, but it's hard to play them and the ref's. The number of non-call holding penalties was astonishing.
The refs aren't deciding this game, the Stamps are.

There was one brutal Intentional Grounding call.

The rest is just the Stamps D playing STUPID

Bertuzzied
Dunnigan is so right. We have to go to the hurry up offense.

I_H8_Crawford
I love the Flames and the Stampeders but man talk about two franchises that are probably tops amongst North America in chokes. It gets pretty hard to take sometimes. The players change but the teams always seem to choke in big games.
And people wonder why I am so negative in regards to the teams I cheer for??? :ph34r:

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 03:59 PM
The refs aren't deciding this game, the Stamps are.

There was one brutal Intentional Grounding call.

The rest is just the Stamps D playing STUPID

I don't blame the refs either. Reynolds really has been cold for the last 1/4 of the season. It's hurting the offense.

Bertuzzied

Yeah right. Browner and Anderson deserve everything they get. They are so overrated its unbelievable.

Flickered Flame
Some of those penalties were warranted but some were not penalties but the Riders are getting the all the calls so far. The one in particular was the intentional grounding call on Burris.

The Stamps haven't got any pressure on Durant, he has been allowed to run, move around and wait for guys to get open. Burris looked so composed early on but really did nothing in the 2nd qtr..

arloiginla
11-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Problem was you could see this coming. Stamps up 11-0 but unable to step on the Riders throat, offense keeps punting, you knew the Riders would come around eventually.

Talk about getting complacent. They can still win this game but I doubt they're going to. They just have no killer instinct.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:02 PM
And people wonder why I am so negative in regards to the teams I cheer for??? :ph34r:

Well you know there's lots of time left in the game but we've seen this movie before and the Stampeders never come back against the Riders in the 2nd half of games as it's usually the other way around. I'm hoping for the best but I know that Calgary teams aren't very good at facing adversity.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Calgary started off well in the game. They were ahead 11-0 and they seems to be doing everything right. For some reason defense let off and Keon Raymond is just schooled by Chris Getzlaf, then the Burris untimely INT that gave Riders another TD. Riders now 14-11 after the 1st half.

I thought the refs made 2 brutal call in the 1st half. One was grounding by Burris. He looks like the ball went further than the scrimmage. I am not convinced that the ref should have called that PI. Let the freaking players dictate the game. Dressler wasn't even close to the play. It's BS!!

It's getting too annoying to hear Suitor and Cuthbert just freaking talking about the stupid phone call for almost the whole freaking quarter. We get it Durant called his dad and his game got better after, that's it.

Chris Jones need to replace Keon Raymond and put Brandon Isaac with the safety's help on Getzlaf.

Bent Wookie
11-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah right. Browner and Anderson deserve everything they get. They are so overrated its unbelievable.

I don't recall mentioning either of those penalties, but lemme check my original post... confirmed... didn't mention anything about them.

Reading comprehension FTW.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Calgary started off well in the game. They were ahead 11-0 and they seems to be doing everything right. For some reason defense let off and Keon Raymond is just schooled by Chris Getzlaf, then the Burris untimely INT that gave Riders another TD. Riders now 14-11 after the 1st half.

I thought the refs made 2 brutal call in the 1st half. One was grounding by Burris. He looks like the ball went further than the scrimmage. I am not convinced that the ref should have called that PI. Let the freaking players dictate the game. Dressler wasn't even close to the play. It's BS!!

It's getting too annoying to hear Suitor and Cuthbert just freaking talking about the stupid phone call for almost the whole freaking quarter. We get it Durant called his dad and his game got better after, that's it.

Chris Jones need to replace Keon Raymond and put Brandon Isaac with the safety's help on Getzlaf.
The refs have to call that illegal contact... it occurred before the throw, so it removed a potential receiver.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Just throw Anderson out of the game. he is completely useless too

What are you talking about? Anderson is playing well so far. It wasn't him getting schooled out there. It was Keon Raymond playing bad letting Getzlaf catch those balls with authority.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:10 PM
The refs have to call that illegal contact... it occurred before the throw, so it removed a potential receiver.

But isn't Browner just holding his ground? He's facing the QB, feet firmly on the ground and just put his arms out. Dressler went for a flop.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:11 PM
What are you talking about? Anderson is playing well so far. It wasn't him getting schooled out there. It was Keon Raymond playing bad letting Getzlaf catch those balls with authority.

Yeah Fantuz and Dressler have been taken out of the game. It's up to the rest of the defense to take the other guys away and as usual they just can't contain all three of Fantuz, Getzlaf, and Dressler.

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Pathetic. 2nd and 4 and they run again.
give it up. We are losing for sure if it keeps going like this.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
2nd and 4 draw play that everyone in the stadium saw coming. Brilliant start to the half

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
But isn't Browner just holding his ground? He's facing the QB, feet firmly on the ground and just put his arms out. Dressler went for a flop.

That's what I thought too.

theonlywhiteout
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
This predictable playcalling will lose us the game

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I think Burris need to run the ball himself once in awhile. I see some openings there fore him.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
That 3 man rush worked out there but man that's just way too much time for Durant to sit and go through his reads.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I think Burris need to run the ball himself once in awhile. I see some openings there fore him.

He's gone away from that. They barely ever use the zone read play anymore.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 04:19 PM
The conservative play calling has sucked the confidence right out of the offense.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Way too many penalties for the Stamps.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:21 PM
finally a nice run!

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Good run by Cornish!! Where's your Minister of Defense now?

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Burris is really struggling. I don't like his body language out there and he's been really off in the endzone.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Brutal series by Burris after the big run.

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
That needed to be a touchdown, and Burris two bone headed plays. Glad to see Frank has shown up when it matters most.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Brutal series by Burris after the big run.

He looks done to me. He has that deer in the headlights, rattled look that I've seen way too many times. The defense is going to have to come up with some big plays as the offense isn't going to win this game.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
D needs to step up, Durant is as easily rattled as Burris is.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Fumble!!!!!!

3 Justin 3
Fumble!! Recovered by us.

Bertuzzied
wootttt!!!! lets go stamps and flames!!

socalwingfan
Fumble!!!

GirlySports
"we're going to have to take a look at this" shut up Suitor!

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
inconclusive

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
That needed to be a touchdown, and Burris two bone headed plays. Glad to see Frank has shown up when it matters most.

you serious? The first play I might say I agree but maybe Talley didn't go to the area where he supposed to be. But I may give you that first one. The second play Burris was hurried and pressured and he needs to get rid of the ball.

Fumble!! Calgary ball. We might see the challenged on that fumble.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
There is no way this should be overturned, but I will be surprised if the original call is upheld.

GirlySports
wow Suitor's looking for anything including the guy's c^$^ if it hit the ground or not
he wants 10 camera angles

socalwingfan
If this gets overruled - the fix is in - inconclusive

OzSome
he started losing control of the ball before he hit the deck. Tough call for the ref though and it could go both ways.

PeteLFan
Ball was coming out before he was down. Give us the damn ball, Burris take that thing and put it in the damn endzone RIGHT NOW

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:29 PM
It's a bang bang play. IMO not enough to overturn. Will be interesting as the league probably wants a Riders/Als grey cup so.....

GirlySports
he started losing control of the ball before he hit the deck. Tough call for the ref though and it could go both ways.

that's enough to be inconclusive.. remember it's a fumble on the field :)

PeteLFan
This could swing the game right here.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
if it's taken this long it's inconclusive... anything else is cheating

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Inconclusive so the call should stay.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
CFL trying to figure out an explanation as to why it should be overturned..

PeteLFan
if it's taken this long it's inconclusive... anything else is cheating

Stop making sense or I will run out of thanks.

Erick Estrada
Long review. It's like they are looking for something that's not there. Pretty obvious that it's inconclusive and they are looking for an excuse to overturn it.

socalwingfan
11-21-2010, 04:32 PM
They decided to overturn 10 seconds into the call - this is just for show

PeteLFan
Overturn

I_H8_Crawford
This is BS...

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
yup overturned, it's so obvious they're cheating

PeteLFan
WOW just WOW

Erick Estrada
I knew it. Frikking league politics.

theonlywhiteout
if they over turn this and riders win im never watching the CFL again

direwolf
Bull crap.

OzSome
F$%^&*ng BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moon
I wish I could say that was unbelievable but with the CFl and the Riders nothing is unbelievable anymore.

After that complete horsecrap call I have no idea how anyone can say that the CFL isn't full of crap when it comes to the Riders.

Erick Estrada
Inconclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteLFan
Yup time ot ban together and boycott the CFL.

Redrum
11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Very very bad call. In favor of Saskatchewan, big surprise.

Joborule
I knew it. Frikking league politics.
Can't take the CFL serious.

CaramonLS
Unreal. How can that be overturned?

rubecube
Garbage call. CFL officiating continues to be a laughing stock.

theonlywhiteout
figures. brutal. they might as well just be honest about it and say "yeah we want the riders to win so what?"

I_H8_Crawford
I would LOVE to hear Ireland's rationale behind that BS call.

Efence can't tackle.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:35 PM
you can't go frame by frame to sort this out because it isnt natural
I hate replay sometimes.

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 04:35 PM
We are being treated tonight, NHL screw job in reffing and CFL. Miraculous that both teams are up as well.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
bad tackling!! This game is pi$$ing me off with bad officiating, bad tackling and bad penalties.

Keon Raymond is out for a few serious.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Now that it's pretty obvious that the Stamps are up against not only the Riders but a league agenda it's probably going to be too much for the Stamps to overcome as that call is a game changer.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:37 PM
man, someone cover Getzlaf please

3 Justin 3
We just can't handle Getzlaf damn.

Erick Estrada
Why cover Getzlaf? Why bother?

FurnaceFace
I did see the elbow down, and it looked like the ball was still secure, but even with my green blood coursing through my body, I doubted they'd overturn it.

I will say The Stamps had the game in hand and let up so this shouldn't be used as an excuse.

I_H8_Crawford
This team just can't cover Getzlaf, and with Frank at the helm and the CFL actively cheating for the Riders, there is no way Calgary wins this game.

CFL wants it's rematch from last year, "redemption" for the Riders.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Come one someone stop Getzlaf.

GirlySports
I did see the elbow down, and it looked like the ball was still secure, but even with my green blood coursing through my body, I doubted they'd overturn it.

I will say The Stamps had the game in hand and let up so this shouldn't be used as an excuse.

It's not an excuse but it's still wrong.

direwolf
Now that it's pretty obvious that the Stamps are up against not only the Riders but a league agenda it's probably going to be too much for the Stamps to overcome as that call is a game changer.

Definitely. The Riders have all kinds of momentum now thanks to that call, and they're marching right down the field as a result.

I_H8_Crawford
Stamps getting schooled.

They can't stop the Riders.

socalwingfan
Please tell the defenders that is OK to use your arms to make tackles, jebus

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 04:39 PM

Not is most certainly is an excuse. There absolutely no way that call should have been overturned. There was not conclusive evidence to overturn it at all. That fumble swings that momentum of a 1 point game. We get the ball and score its a 4 or 8 point lead.

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
LOL PI call against Cgy.

OzSome
Wow ref didn't call PI?!? Unbelievable!

Erick Estrada
OMG this game is so over.

I_H8_Crawford
That's the 2nd one on Browner to gift the Riders a 1st and goal after the Stamps stopped them

rubecube
11-21-2010, 04:41 PM
LOL. The fix is in.

3 Justin 3
Another penalty. Penalties and bad tackling are killing us.

socalwingfan
That's it - I am contacting the CFL to pay the $11 I had to shell out to get this game today - and then have this BS officiating. I am furious!

GirlySports
Wow ref didn't call PI?!? Unbelievable!

they do now!

Machiavelli
That is an obvious penalty.

HotHotHeat
Not our day. Stamps had too much time to think about this game or something.

Bertuzzied
Browner is a piece of crap. get off the field you bum

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:42 PM
that point could be important.

direwolf
This game is all kinds of disgusting.

GirlySports
Not our day. Stamps had too much time to think about this game or something.

only losers use that excuse.
they had the week off while the riders played double overtime

DropIt
Calgary doesn't deserve to win this game anyways.

I'm not sure what happened to the team after their touchdown, but absolutely everyone is playing like garbage.

The secondary can't cover and not one player on this team is tackling.

IceMan
Browner is so stupid sometimes. That's 2 penalties on 2nd down where the Riders failed to convert but his penalty ended up giving them new life which resulted in 2 TDs.

Just ridiculous.

flames_fan_down_under
11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Listening to Glen Suitor is exhausting.

3 Justin 3
Hopefully Hank shows up and gets us a TD. I say give it to Reynolds or Cornish.

arloiginla
Don't want to pass the buck on the Stamps shooting themselves in the foot but....

....the league clearly has an agenda here. Reffing is atrociously bad in the Riders favour. And you guys all called me stupid when I said this stuff happens all the time...

I_H8_Crawford
that point could be important.
The Stamps' O needs to you know, SCORE to make that point important.

With Frank at the helm I have serious doubts about it.

Efence can't stop anything either. Riders will score at will from here on out.

3 Justin 3
11-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Nice return, now come on Stamps, punch it in.

IceMan
Special teams for the Stamps has been the only good thing so far this game.

Now lets see if the offense can respond.

FurnaceFace
We get the ball and score its a 4 or 8 point lead.

I'm arguing semantics but you could just as easily get the ball and have a 2 and out and kill the momentum, or you get the ball and toss a pick 6, or you get the ball and fumble, or.... Lots of different options.

Also lots of time left, The Riders aren't up by much, have faith Stamps.

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Browner is so stupid sometimes. That's 2 penalties on 2nd down where the Riders failed to convert but his penalty ended up giving them new life which resulted in 2 TDs.

Just ridiculous.

Sometimes? try all the time.

Canuck-Hater
Still cant beat the Riders in the playoffs. The streak continues methinks. Riders are crap and the Stamps for whatever reason cant find a way.

OzSome
The Stamps offense need to step up as we are not getting any breaks from officiating. I am not sure why Chris Jones send people to go after Durant then stop. If you gonna send some pressures, you might as well go for it all the way and even hit Durant. He's getting all the time in the pocket.

IceMan
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
These refs are clueless.

PeteLFan
I'm arguing semantics but you could just as easily get the ball and have a 2 and out and kill the momentum, or you get the ball and toss a pick 6, or you get the ball and fumble, or.... Lots of different options.

Also lots of time left, The Riders aren't up by much, have faith Stamps.

Its hard to keep the faith with the fix in.

OzSome
Lots of time and we are only down by 5 points.

IceMan
Sometimes? try all the time.
Hes a great player just makes stupid errors at key times.

Redrum
"Something is wrong." What? Calgary is making progress?

Kerplunk
Refs can't even measure properly. Not surprised that they can't get anything else right.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
The Stamps' O needs to you know, SCORE to make that point important.

With Frank at the helm I have serious doubts about it.

Efence can't stop anything either. Riders will score at will from here on out.

He will! There's still time!

Can't we frickin measure in Canada!?

PeteLFan
How long does it take to measure that wow.

GirlySports
remember it's the Riders!

Miller will find a way to screw this up at the end :)

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 04:48 PM
why can't we go hurry up with the offense? horrible play calling today.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Crap even on the first down marker we are getting screw$d.

IceMan
11-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Big run for Joffrey! Lets go boys keep pounding that rock.

GirlySports
why can't we go hurry up with the offense? horrible play calling today.

I don't think Burris' brain processes things fast enough to go hurry up.

3 Justin 3
Nice run by Reynolds. He needs to keep getting the ball.

IceMan
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Simpson limping off is good news for the Stamps run offense.

IceMan
Wow Burris almost fumbled the ball.

FurnaceFace
Its hard to keep the faith with the fix in.

Besides the overturn, I must have missed the other "bad calls". I've seen illegal contact when they called it...perhaps if Henry gets a call on on tossing the ball away Durant should have on one play too.

Canuck-Hater
11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Looks like bad Hank tonight. All day to find someone-check, open receiver-check, run up the middle and get tackled-check.

PeteLFan
11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Everytime we get some momentum, there seems to a rather long measurement, or a Rider player laying on the ground like they have been shot. What a disgrace of a football team.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Simpson limping off is good news for the Stamps run offense.

I disagree! We have better chances of scoring or getting good yardage when the over-rated Minister of Defense is out there. He suck and I don't know why Suitor and Cuthbert gets a h&rd-on that guy.

I_H8_Crawford
This is GAME OVER.

Efence is not going to get a stop.

IceMan
Crap. Gonna be a long FG now.

Edit: Guess they're punting instead.

3 Justin 3
That is why you give it to Reynolds and not get, essentially sacked, twice in a row.

GirlySports
not sure they should kick this FG

IceMan
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
I disagree! We have better chances of scoring or getting good yardage when the over-rated Minister of Defense is out there. He suck and I don't know why Suitor and Cuthbert gets a h&rd-on that guy.
He's a great run stopper and even Joffrey says that when he's in, it's harder to run on them.

GirlySports
can't punt either booooo

PeteLFan
This game is over. Unbelievable that we let a team like this come to our house, and walk away with a ticket to the championship. This is a embarrassment.

direwolf
This is beyond ugly. The Stamps are being eaten alive out there.

Dan02
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
wow if there was ever a play to use as a example as to not use video replay that was it. They took the right call on the field and made the wrong call on review, that's pretty filthy.

And it definately should have been a grounding call against durant, the exact same call they just made on Burris earlier.

Brutal officiating. and 2 stupid plays by Browner costing the Stamps big.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Poor offensive playcalling isn't helping Frank.

Erick Estrada
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
If you are going to kick the single why not go for the FG?

OzSome
He's a great run stopper and even Joffrey says that when he's in, it's harder to run on them.

Two plays that he was not in, Riders stopped the Stamps' offense.

I_H8_Crawford
Maver doesn't have the leg to make it to the endzone from there.

GirlySports

he didn't mean to kick the single... wanted to pin the Riders inside the 10

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
game over. can't tackle worth crap.

IceMan
Stamps can't tackle at all.

GirlySports
just awful tackling

I_H8_Crawford
Keep trying those BS tackles Stamps.

Bravo.

Freaking LOSERS

theonlywhiteout
Stamps d needs to tackle

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
got hold them to a FG somehow.

socalwingfan
Brutal tackling - been the story of the game

IceMan
Two plays that he was not in, Riders stopped the Stamps' offense.
Ya but neither were running plays. 1st Hank wanted to throw but took off and almost fumbled, 2nd was a sack.

Erick Estrada
LOL Cates gets through four tacklers for the 1st down.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Christmas gift to Stamps defense.... Tackling for Dummy!

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
got hold them to a FG somehow.
LOL

That requires getting a stop, and the gameplan from the Stamps seems to be, "let's hope Durant isn't accurate, that's how we'll stop them!"

No coverage, no tackling.

RIders are scoring here.

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Why didn't they blitz earlier?

IceMan
Nice hold by the defense. Offense really needs a long sustained drive now.

GirlySports
LOL

That requires getting a stop, and the gameplan from the Stamps seems to be, "let's hope Durant isn't accurate, that's how we'll stop them!"

No coverage, no tackling.

RIders are scoring here.

nope!

good defensive stand boys!

Now get the ball back and dooooo something!

DropIt
Right there sums it up.

There were 3 stampeder defenders in the backfield with the running back and all 3 of them miss the running back.

Chris Jones' patented confusion defense is costing this team the game.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Ya but neither were running plays. 1st Hank wanted to throw but took off and almost fumbled, 2nd was a sack.

Was in when Reynolds and Cornish made those awesome run?? The answer is YES! I might agree with yiou a few years ago but not this season.

IceMan
Crap Wings scored.

I_H8_Crawford
Nice hold by the defense. Offense really needs a long sustained drive now.
LOL yeah, they are likely due for a fumble or INT now.

OzSome
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh come on ref!! You didn't call a pass interference or roughing the passer or offside on the Stamps. That's bogus!! :)

GirlySports

so negative!!!!! :bleh:

IceMan
Was in when Reynolds and Cornish made those awesome run?? The answer is YES! I might agree with yiou a few years ago but not this season.
Ya the Stamps are going to break off a few big runs here and there but all I'm saying is when he's playing, the Riders run defense is better.

Agree to disagree.

IceMan
11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Doesn't matter if you're watching the Flames or the Stamps you're always negative lol.

It's a 1 possession game.

GirlySports
11-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Doesn't matter if you're watching the Flames or the Stamps you're always negative lol.

maybe he's trying the reverse jinx!

I_H8_Crawford
11-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Watching both those teams for 2 decades choke away games in the playoffs tends to skew one's positive outlook on their fortunes... :D

Bertuzzied
11-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey look 2nd and 3 and they didn't run. They got a first down. amazing.

IceMan
Manning picked off inside Pats territory with 30 seconds left.

Pats are going to 8-2.

Bertuzzied
Manning picked off inside Pats territory with 30 seconds left.

Pats are going to 8-2.
zzzz

IceMan
11-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Watching both those teams for 2 decades choke away games in the playoffs tends to skew one's positive outlook on their fortunes... :D
Well the Stamps haven't choked away anything yet. Still a lot of time left.