PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Soccer Player

mots
07-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Kinda along the line of the other thread...

Who's your favourite soccer player ??

As much as i hate man u, id still have to say golden boy RUUD Van Nistelroy is gotta be my fav, saw him play in Seattle last year, kid is amazing. Baros really impressed me during the Euro as well, never really seen him play that much before.

Otto-matic
07-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Ruud Van Nistelroy.

DeanOMac
07-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Just to get some Arsenal representation, since I hate MAN U.
Dennis Bergkamp/Freddie Ljungberg, can't decide between the 2 anymore.

Pagal4321
07-31-2004, 03:46 PM
How can you say no to #14 in futttbbbaaallll. Thierry Henry....hands down for me. I'm sure DeanOMac will have no problem with this selection. As I have 0 problem with his. Ruud.....I just don't like the guy, not too sure why, might be the blinded hatred for Man U?!
Best defensive player for me is Sol Campbell, just a solid defender.

The Familia
07-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Gotta represent Italia on this one. Offensive player I have to go with Cassano. This guy is a young up-and-coming superstar in the making. He showed just a little flash this past Euro cup, and if Italy didn't bow out so fast he would have made some noise. He is only gonna get better as time goes on. I gotta go with Buffon as favourite defender/goalie. Buffon has proven time and time again why he is one of the top keepers in the world. How many enourmous saves did he make against denamrk and the rest of Euro 2004? Outstanding goalie.

kipperiggy
08-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Van Nistlerooy is by far my favourite player. I also like Michael Owen. Both are pretty amazing players.

liamenator
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Gianfranco Zola, hands down!!

I shed a tear when he left Chelsea.

John Terry is right up there for me, as well as Frank Lampard.

Dis-honerable mention: Paul Gascoigne!!! What a train-wreck that guy was. Ya gotta love him.

Jagger
08-02-2004, 02:01 AM
All time: Kenny Dalglish. I grew up watching him and Ian Rush tear up the opposition for Liverpool. They were great days. John Barnes would be second.

Currently: Don't really have one. Stevie Gerrard is a great player though and is probably my favourite LFC player. I like Milan Baros too. Hopefully he will be given a bigger chance under the new boss. He may be in tough again though with Owen and new boy, Cisse.

moon
08-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Pagal4321@Jul 31 2004, 09:46 PM
How can you say no to #14 in futttbbbaaallll.
Easily. He is probably my least favorite player in the world. Either him or Zidane. Both so overrated.

moon
08-02-2004, 02:17 PM
As for my favorite player all time I would say Ally McCoist

I also really liked Claudio Renaldo and Wayne Rooney during Euro 2004.

troutman
08-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Ireland - Damian Duff

Calgary Boomers - Gerd "Thunderfoot" Zimmerman

sbailey924
08-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Mia Hamm...she's so hot.

Honestly I would probably say Henry is who I enjoy watching the most. I like Demarcus Beasley a good bit too, though he's small-time.