10. Indiana Pacers
11. New Orleans Hornets
12. Memphis Grizzlies
13. Toronto Raptors
14. Houston Rockets.

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=321968

D to the iddy
05-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Second year in a row that the worst record hasn't won the lottery, or even got the second pick! Must be tough times in New Jersey right now. It's a good thing that this draft year is looking fairly deeper than previous years. No real LeBron/Kobe standout player but the skill seems fairly spread across the top 10.

OILFAN #81
05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Must suck for Net fans. No Wall but also no Turner. Feel bad for them. Favors and Cousins will be top 5 picks as well.

ipuckedyourmom
05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
I personally like Turner the best but both him and Wall are great players.

bluejays
05-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Damn, NJ just gets worse and worse. lol. I missed the actual lottary, but for those who missed it, some dude put it on youtube (not so good quality, but it'll do).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27V_d45hNKs

(sorry...I still don't know how to embed)

Gozer
05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote my post and look at the code. The "27V_d45hNKs" comes from your link.

27V_d45hNKs

bluejays
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote my post and look at the code. The "27V_d45hNKs" comes from your link.

27V_d45hNKs

No way! Thanks! Finally!

Anyway, my thoughts - nothing really aside from a) the fact I realized Cleveland loses their 30th pick to Washington. Cleveland is seriously screwed once James walks. b) Every team is virtually guaranteed to draft Wall since he's such a landslide #1, that once Washington drafts him, Arenas is a virtual guarantee to be dealt. Turk and Jack (Jack can probably be used as a SG) for Arenas, then a second deal to move up by packaging Calderon and the 13th to move into the 5th to 8th? We can dream can't we?

Cheerio
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM
No way! Thanks! Finally!

Anyway, my thoughts - nothing really aside from a) the fact I realized Cleveland loses their 30th pick to Washington. Cleveland is seriously screwed once James walks. b) Every team is virtually guaranteed to draft Wall since he's such a landslide #1, that once Washington drafts him, Arenas is a virtual guarantee to be dealt. Turk and Jack (Jack can probably be used as a SG) for Arenas, then a second deal to move up by packaging Calderon and the 13th to move into the 5th to 8th? We can dream can't we?

Umm I would think that the Wizards would be more than willing to give him up for free, let alone take assets back for him. They just want that contract off their hands, and Toronto would be crazy to give up anything for Arenas

octothorp
05-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Heh, so much for the Wall/James/Bosh in Brooklyn plan.

But from a Raptors perspective, sucks that the top three draft picks go to east teams that they'll be competing against; I was hoping Wolves and Kings would go 1-2. Making the playoffs next year is going to be even tougher. No way I want any part of Arenas' contract. I still like the potential S&Ts with LA or Houston.

Here's what I think for the offseason: trade Bosh and Turk to Houston for Battier, Hill, and their draft pick. Resign Amir Johnson or another UFA center (like Tyson Chandler). Draft Whiteside and move Bargs to PF, and use the second pick to draft a PG like Eric Bledsoe. Then move one of either Jack or Calderon (whichever will get the best return, since I'm counting next year as a rebuild year anyway), and any combination of Evans, Belinelli, and Banks for a good young SF. NY needs a guard and could be willing to deal either Chandler or Galinari, for example.

Amir Johnson / Hassan Whiteside
Andrea Bargnani / Jordan Hill
Wilson Chandler / Shane Battier
Demar DeRozan / Sonny Weems
Jarret Jack / Eric Bledsoe

That's a really young roster and would probably miss the playoffs next year as well, but it's a great team to build around for the future, and everyone who's brought in has better defense than anyone going out.

CaptainCrunch
05-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Someday they'll beat those damned Globetrotters, I swear to god they're due.

bluejays
05-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Umm I would think that the Wizards would be more than willing to give him up for free, let alone take assets back for him. They just want that contract off their hands, and Toronto would be crazy to give up anything for Arenas

While I'd normally agree, in basketball, you have to deal salary for salary. Do you can't just give away a player for free, you have to get almost the same salary back.

SebC
05-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Someday they'll beat those damned Globetrotters, I swear to god they're due.Those are the Washington Generals. ;)

While I'd normally agree, in basketball, you have to deal salary for salary. Do you can't just give away a player for free, you have to get almost the same salary back.Hence the value of expiring contracts.