PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Rises: July 20, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Antithesis
04-30-2010, 06:51 PM
... it's official! It will be directed by Chris Nolan and the same team who brought us the other two movies.

Now the casting rumors begin!

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Good thing Rachel Dawes is dead.

Azure
04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Can't wait!

Glad to see Nolan direct it again. Gonna be good.

SebC
04-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Haha, this just got posted in the THOR thread.

bluejays
04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Personally, I hope it's more like the first with the cool storyline and building of the character backgrounds. One of the best movies of all time for sure.

Ren
04-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Good thing Rachel Dawes is dead.

...Or is she?!

Joborule
04-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Hopefully this doesn't fall victim of the third moving sucking like other comic movies.

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Iron Man 2 is getting some negative reviews so far. Marvel is trying to do too much with trying to cobble together these movies to lead into the Avengers. At least Batman doesn't have to try to do that.

Blaster86
04-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Iron Man 2 is getting some negative reviews so far.

Uhhhh where? I've only seen good things although I haven't seen many.

starseed
04-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Any word on the villains?

Antithesis
04-30-2010, 07:53 PM

I agree, all I have read for Iron Man 2, with few exceptions, is that it is just as good, if not better, than the original ... though mostly just reading fan sites.

ynwa03
04-30-2010, 07:58 PM
...Or is she?!

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/film-reviews/iron-man-2-film-review-1004086551.story

Overall rating: ( 2.06 ) Poor

Hemi-Cuda
04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
summer of 2012 is gonna be nuts for movies. Avengers, Batman, rebooted Spiderman, and the new Star Trek

SebC
04-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Is it just me, or is it a little early to be rebooting Spiderman?

Hemi-Cuda
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
well Raimi royally screwed up the Spiderman franchise, and i have a feeling Marvel wants all of their characters properly portrayed and ready to go for a big culmination event, like the Civil War

Fantastic Four is also getting a reboot for 2013

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
well Raimi royally screwed up the Spiderman franchise, and i have a feeling Marvel wants all of their characters properly portrayed and ready to go for a big culmination event, like the Civil War

Fantastic Four is also getting a reboot for 2013

I think Marvel wants control of their franchises back. Spider-Man was mainly a Sony thing.

Marvel saw how well Iron Man as a in-house project worked and wants to stop all the silliness like Spider-Man 3, Daredevil, Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc. from ever happening again.

They are also super hyped on being able to tie everything together in the same universe and have crossover movies like they have crossover comics. All the guys who star in the latest Marvel movies have clauses in their contracts which say they have to participate in a crossover where the old ones didn't. Iron-Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. are all going to be in the Avengers movie together.

Civil War is probably not a good idea to make a movie out of. It was bad enough as a comic series. You don't want to make a comic book movie into an overly political movie.

T@T
04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Meh!
Maybe it's just me, but we need something fresh. These overdone comic hero's are getting boring.

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Meh!
Maybe it's just me, but we need something fresh. These overdone comic hero's are getting boring.

What would you like to see?

It's hard to get people into theatres so everybody wants sequels or event movies because people seem to go for those as they already sort of know what they are going to get.

ernie
04-30-2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/film-reviews/iron-man-2-film-review-1004086551.story

Overall rating: ( 2.06 ) Poor

It's currently 74 % on the tomato meter with 47 reviews (35 fresh, 12 rotten).

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 08:58 PM
I never pay attention to how a review scores a movie too much, I usually disagree and love a lot of poorly rated movies but I pay attention to what the writer says and what that Hollywood Reporter guy says in terms of criticisms makes sense to me. I'm sure it will still be a fun movie.

DropIt
04-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Has anyone else heard that Johnny Depp was supposed to be playing the Riddler?
I heard that not too long ago and could never find out if it was a random rumour or if there was any substance to it

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Has anyone else heard that Johnny Depp was supposed to be playing the Riddler?
I heard that not too long ago and could never find out if it was a random rumour or if there was any substance to it

Nobody has been cast so far aside from the regulars. All that stuff is just rumors like they have had before all the other movies.

llama64
04-30-2010, 10:31 PM

It's hard to get people into theatres so everybody wants sequels or event movies because people seem to go for those as they already sort of know what they are going to get.

Best way to increase people going to the theater is to increase quality and lower the friggin cost.

Anyways, all this is a moot point. We all know the world is ending in 2012, so no Batman 3 afterall :(

Ozy_Flame
04-30-2010, 10:40 PM
summer of 2012 is gonna be nuts for movies. Avengers, Batman, rebooted Spiderman, and the new Star Trek

No kidding, especially since we're all supposed by dead by December 21 according to Roland Emmerich.

Bertuzzied
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
I think Marvel wants control of their franchises back. Spider-Man was mainly a Sony thing.

Marvel saw how well Iron Man as a in-house project worked and wants to stop all the silliness like Spider-Man 3, Daredevil, Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc. from ever happening again.

They are also super hyped on being able to tie everything together in the same universe and have crossover movies like they have crossover comics. All the guys who star in the latest Marvel movies have clauses in their contracts which say they have to participate in a crossover where the old ones didn't. Iron-Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. are all going to be in the Avengers movie together.

Civil War is probably not a good idea to make a movie out of. It was bad enough as a comic series. You don't want to make a comic book movie into an overly political movie.

Civil war is why i will never read a Marvel Comic ever again. So stupid and complete crap.

Kybosh
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Is Roland Emmerich tired of destroying the world yet?

Hack&Lube
04-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Civil war is why i will never read a Marvel Comic ever again. So stupid and complete crap.

At least the stuff after it was good

GreenLantern
04-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Rumours in the comic book world laced together from speculation over Nolan comments since Batman Begins all point to the fact that he would love the chance to include Selina Kyle in the series somehow. I have a feeling that Oswald Cobblepot might make an appearance in this movie. Both of these villains deserve at least a mention, or an apperance, even if it isn't as Catwoman and The Penguin.

But that is purely speculation.

My personal preference would be an apperance from Hush.. somehow wrapped up in Black Mask.

If anyone thought this series couldn't get any darker... give that a go..

T@T
04-30-2010, 11:18 PM

I'm not artistic so I don't have the answers but somebody/somewhere does. this old rehashed crap is tiring that's all.

What the movie world needs is new minds like Lucas and Spielburg had in the day, not idiots reading comics for a story!

Blaster86
04-30-2010, 11:20 PM
At least the stuff after it was good

25 Deadpool ongoings!

=D

VANFLAMESFAN
04-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Michael C. Hall for Riddler....please, please make this happen.

I've been wanting it for 3 years now. Would love to see it happen. He would be perfect. You never know what he's thinking, he can be funny, deranged, sad, tragic all in one scene.

Some of his work in Six Feet Under was amazing. The "That's My Dog" Episode goes into my collection of greatest performances ever. Some great work in Dexter obviously as well.

Please, please make this happen....he would not disappoint.

Blaster86
04-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Michael C. Hall for Riddler....please, please make this happen.

I've been wanting it for 3 years now. Would love to see it happen. He would be perfect. You never know what he's thinking, he can be funny, deranged, sad, tragic all in one scene.

Some of his work in Six Feet Under was amazing. The "That's My Dog" Episode goes into my collection of greatest performances ever. Some great work in Dexter obviously as well.

Please, please make this happen....he would not disappoint.

NO RIDDLER!

This series needs some Clayface action!

trackercowe
04-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Man Christopher Nolan is the man.

Memento=Fantastic
Insomnia=Great
Batman Begins=Wonderful
The Prestige=Movie Magic
Dark Knight=Probably the Best Yet
Inception=Will be Amazing I am sure

If there is one director/producer you can count on he is it. I just hope he doesn't let anyone budge in and completely mess up the series like Raimi, and Singer did with their franchises.

I would expect Catwoman/Selina Kyle to be in it in someway. With their being no love interest left over I would expect her to be cast.

I do hope Riddler is in it, as aside from Joker he is my favorite Batman villain.

VANFLAMESFAN
04-30-2010, 11:40 PM
NO RIDDLER!

Not huge into the comics, so I don't know the characters that well. I do believe that the villain or villains will have to be known to the casual Batman fan like myself. They need to market the villains and if that character is not recognizable, people will not see it and Warner Bros. will not approve of it.

I just can't see any obscure Batman villain used in the next installment when there's plenty of more popular options for the masses.

Bertuzzied
04-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Fables is the best comic book out there right now. If they ever made it into a movie it will destroy Avatar. Course they would need like 10 movies to tell the whole story.

Wookie
05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Just was looking into all the old batman movies after reading parts of this thread.

Didn't remember Billy Dee Williams from Batman being Harvey Dent. Anyone else?

VANFLAMESFAN
05-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Just was looking into all the old batman movies after reading parts of this thread.

Didn't remember Billy Dee Williams from Batman being Harvey Dent. Anyone else?

Yeah, watched the Keaton Batman a few years ago and was like, "WHAATTT????? How did I miss that??"

Wookie
05-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, watched the Keaton Batman a few years ago and was like, "WHAATTT????? How did I miss that??"

Really? Haha, that's awesome, I figured I'd watch it when I get home from Vacation. How was it?
Edit: I didn't know Harvey Dent had any significance until the Dark Knight movie.

I'm not a big batman or comic book fan. Just was reading the thread as I enjoyed the first one and the most recent two (first one implying the Keaton/Nicholson one).

Blaster86
05-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I just can't see any obscure Batman villain used in the next installment when there's plenty of more popular options for the masses.

Clayface isn't obscure. Obscure would be Firebug, Clock King, or the Ventriloquist.

Hey, hey guys. Maybe we could get Johnny Depp to play the Mad Hatter?!

3 Justin 3
05-01-2010, 12:25 AM
NO RIDDLER!

As this Batman series is the "realistic" version, he won't be seeing Clayface.

Perhaps the Riddler, but he would come off as Joker"ish" to a lot of people IMO. Not that its a bad thing.

Blaster86
05-01-2010, 12:29 AM
As this Batman series is the "realistic" version, he won't be seeing Clayface.

NO! I DEMAND CLAYFACE!

I will not be denied!

CaptainCrunch
05-01-2010, 12:32 AM
There is only one villian

http://api.ning.com/files/gMCmy38v-lNAr2RSlXJB3bWzUrzgpHDNr8kzSFTkwqsLrVlKhsBd5aTlzvR h-hHJAzy2T940ojhmhHcxAW4jMXd0gRRaYIGY/cockknocker1ll.jpg

Orange
05-01-2010, 12:58 AM
NO RIDDLER!

I demand Calender Man and Killer Croc.

Flame Of Liberty
05-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Meh!

Hooray for another ######ed comic hero movie. Eff you Hollywood...

3 Justin 3
05-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Killer Croc would be sweet.

They should talk to Rock Steady (guys who did Batman:AA), that game had an awesome story, and just shoot ideas around.

The Goon
05-01-2010, 06:48 AM
As long as there's no Robin, I'll be happy (and I otherwise love Robin).

Hack&Lube
05-01-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm not artistic so I don't have the answers but somebody/somewhere does. this old rehashed crap is tiring that's all.

What the movie world needs is new minds like Lucas and Spielburg had in the day, not idiots reading comics for a story!

Lucas and Spielberg were basically rehashing their childhood sci-fi serials and pulp comic heroes in Star Wars and Indiana Jones actually. :rolleyes:

Muta
05-01-2010, 09:28 AM
What about Talia Al'Ghul? Ras Al'Ghul's daughter?

Ras' character (Liam Neeson) was fricking awesome in the first one.

Hack&Lube
05-01-2010, 09:49 AM
What about Talia Al'Ghul? Ras Al'Ghul's daughter?

Ras' character (Liam Neeson) was fricking awesome in the first one.

Talia is a character I would love to see in a Batman movie. She is madly in love with Batman and they have a son together.

She's also the most beautiful woman in the entire Batman mythos.

Nehkara
05-01-2010, 10:01 AM
That will be a wicked summer! Star Trek 2 (June 29th, 2012) and Batman 3 (July 20th, 2010)!

Bob
05-01-2010, 10:05 AM
So long as Nolan and company don't have free reign and ruin the franchise ala Spider-Man 3, this should be good.

I also find it very amusing that Hollywood, having run out of superhero movies to make, is not turning to new fields but instead just rebooting the older superhero franchises. They could enter a perpetual cycle where every 10-15 years or so they just start up a stale franchise again with a reboot.

Blaster86
05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Killer Croc would be sweet.

They should talk to Rock Steady (guys who did Batman:AA), that game had an awesome story, and just shoot ideas around.

Rocksteady didn't write the story Paul Dini of Batman: TAS did.

Hack&Lube
05-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Rocksteady didn't write the story Paul Dini of Batman: TAS did.

And Paul Dini is awesome.

Flash Walken
05-01-2010, 02:54 PM
And Paul Dini is awesome.
Totally awesome.

Other People (http://www.geekosystem.com/batman-bioshock/) think so too.

Also, Talia Al Ghul and Mr. Freeze (http://www.xboxer360.com/news/mr-freeze-and-talia-al-ghul-to-appear-in-batman-arkham-asylum-2/) are set to appear in the next Arkham Asylum game.

Sounds like a great voice casting for Mr. Freeze

Arkham to me is the best game of the year.

edit:

Neat Harley Quinn Fan Art:

http://i.imgur.com/N4fcX.jpg

Blaster86
05-01-2010, 05:48 PM

I'd hit it like the angry fist of Batman.

Surprised that even two other people know who Dini is let alone like him. He wrote one of the best episodes of the original Transformers series aswell.

Esoteric
05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Hopefully it doesn't drag on forever like the mediocre Dark Knight did!

Blaster86
05-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Hopefully it doesn't drag on forever like the mediocre Dark Knight did!

Go home.

CaptainCrunch
05-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Totally awesome.

Other People (http://www.geekosystem.com/batman-bioshock/) think so too.

Also, Talia Al Ghul and Mr. Freeze (http://www.xboxer360.com/news/mr-freeze-and-talia-al-ghul-to-appear-in-batman-arkham-asylum-2/) are set to appear in the next Arkham Asylum game.

Sounds like a great voice casting for Mr. Freeze

Arkham to me is the best game of the year.

edit:

Neat Harley Quinn Fan Art:

Look like someone gave Quinn makeup to poor Brittney Murphy

Antithesis
06-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Jonathan Nolan, screenwriter for the movie, confirmed in an interview that the Joker will not be a part of the new film.

burnin_vernon
06-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Jonathan Nolan, screenwriter for the movie, confirmed in an interview that the Joker will not be a part of the new film.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE6MNf7eKi7D99

Gundo
06-05-2010, 08:14 AM
I think Halle Berry would make a great Cat Woman..... :whistle:

Nehkara
06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I personally would like to see Jim Carrey reprise his role as the Riddler in a (likely) much more serious Batman movie. I think he would do a fantastic job.

Nehkara
06-05-2010, 09:19 AM
From reading wikipedia this morning I have found out a few things:

- This will be the final film of this iteration of Batman and Christopher Nolan's final Batman film.

- The villain will not be Mr. Freeze.

- Robin will NOT appear.

- Gary Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) believes the villain will be the Riddler.

- Christopher Nolan believes that the Penguin would be difficult to properly portray on film. (I would say it is likely this rules out the Penguin for this movie.)

- The third film will see a conclusion at its end, bringing an end to this story arc.

- Although Aaron Eckhart would like to reprise his role as Harvey Dent/Two-Face, however, Christopher Nolan is said to consider the character dead.

- In July 2010 the movie will see its official full announcement, possibly at San Diego Comic-Con which will include a title and possibly some casting information.

06-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Lucas and Spielberg were basically rehashing their childhood sci-fi serials and pulp comic heroes in Star Wars and Indiana Jones actually. :rolleyes:

If there is one reboot i'd actually like to see, with a completely new director, it is the Star Wars trilogy...

Love the whole idea and concept, but can't say that i love the movies and the way they were done, except for Empire Strikes Back.

A darker mmore adult reboot would be great, especially for Episode 3, which really should scare people...

Young-Sneezy
06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
i pray its king tut as the villan

http://i22.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/29/21/2b27_1_sbl.JPG

Hack&Lube
06-05-2010, 12:31 PM
What kind of conclusion could there be? Batman avenged his parents already. Maybe Ras will be back.

I still want Ras' daughter to be in it.

3 Justin 3
06-05-2010, 04:18 PM
If there is one reboot i'd actually like to see, with a completely new director, it is the Star Wars trilogy...

Love the whole idea and concept, but can't say that i love the movies and the way they were done, except for Empire Strikes Back.

A darker mmore adult reboot would be great, especially for Episode 3, which really should scare people...

Except George Lucas owns everything Star Wars (I think?). There's no way he'd let someone re-boot it.

Super Nintendo Chalmers
06-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Not early enough to prevent this :( :

CLqsdPUfnno

drewboy12
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I think Halle Berry would make a great Cat Woman..... :whistle:

Scarlett Johanson for Poison is my vote.

getbak
06-06-2010, 01:26 AM
You know who would be an interesting Poison Ivy?

Christina Hendricks from Mad Men:
http://coltmonday.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/christina-hendricks.jpg

Sly
06-06-2010, 01:39 AM
You know who would be an interesting Poison Ivy?

Christina Hendricks from Mad Men:
http://coltmonday.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/christina-hendricks.jpg

Those boobs are huge. :)

3 Justin 3
06-06-2010, 04:47 AM
Poison Ivy would be pretty sweet.

Bane would be pretty sweet too. :D

Maritime Q-Scout
06-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Personally I'd love to see Jim Parsons as the Riddler. While Joker & Riddler can be portrayed to be very similar, I think Ledger's Joker, and a Parsons' Riddler would be nothing alike.

Imagine if Sheldon from Big Bang Theory was a super-villian. Perfect!

3 Justin 3
06-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Personally I'd love to see Jim Parsons as the Riddler. While Joker & Riddler can be portrayed to be very similar, I think Ledger's Joker, and a Parsons' Riddler would be nothing alike.

That's a good selection! I think he'd make an awesome Riddler.

Yeah_Baby
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I wonder if Ledger hadn't passed if the Joker would be back.

Coach
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I wonder if Ledger hadn't passed if the Joker would be back.

I think that was the original plan, to have him back in some capacity. like maybe as someone that bats needs to get advice from about the current bad guy.

Joborule
06-06-2010, 09:05 PM

That would actually be pretty sweet.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Michael C Hall for Riddler!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Machiavelli
06-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Zoe Saldana would make a good Catwoman.

3 Justin 3
06-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Zoe Saldana would make a good Catwoman.

NOOO!

She is terrible, get her away.

Also, am I like the only one who doesn't find her that attractive?

For the love of god, no Catwoman.

Just put Bane. :D

Antithesis
06-07-2010, 06:54 AM
You're saying "just say no" to Catwoman and advocating Bane? Go seek help!

3 Justin 3
06-07-2010, 04:52 PM
You're saying "just say no" to Catwoman and advocating Bane? Go seek help!

Poison Ivy > Catwomen

I grew up with Bane, he is awesome!

jeremywilhelm
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Poison Ivy > Catwomen

I grew up with Bane, he is awesome!

What was he like in school? I bet he was a real dick!

3 Justin 3
06-07-2010, 06:29 PM

He had my back all the way baby!

Red Potato Standing By
06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
he had my backside all the way baby!

fyp

Antithesis
06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't see any way that Bane is in the new movie - and thank goodness for that. Catwoman I'd think is almost a certainty - especially with RACHEL!!! gone ... her or Talia Al Ghul. I'd still go if Bane was in the movie ... but I'd not be happy.

Savvy27
06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
NOOO!

I would imagine that you're in a pretty exclusive club there... she's gorgeous.

MrMastodonFarm
06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Also, am I like the only one who doesn't find her that attractive? D

No, there are plenty of other gay males that don't either.

3 Justin 3
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
No, there are plenty of other gay males that don't either.

Ouch. Well I better pm MRCboicgy then.

To Be Quite Honest
06-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't want Zoe Saldana any where near a project that would require ACTING.

She could read the dictionary to me. I'd go see that.

Blaster86
06-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Hush! Hush! Hush!

Yeah_Baby
06-07-2010, 11:09 PM

Band isn't Matt Good. :bag:

HPLovecraft
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
NOOO!

Hm, maybe, maybe not. But I will say, I found her more attractive in blue, cat-like Na'vi form than her human one.

Yeah_Baby
06-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Hm, maybe, maybe not. But I will say, I found her more attractive in blue, cat-like Na'vi form than her human one.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/images/bunnysuit.jpg

GreenLantern
06-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I won't be shocked if Selina Kyle isn't in this movie.. simply because Nolan seems to just not care about the comics at all.

My pick for a villain is The Riddler. I was originally on board for The Penguin or Hush, but after the last movie I think Riddler is where it is at.

Enter NPH:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9186/NPH%20as%20the%20riddler.jpg

jeremywilhelm
06-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I won't be shocked if Selina Kyle isn't in this movie.. simply because Nolan seems to just not care about the comics at all.

My pick for a villain is The Riddler. I was originally on board for The Penguin or Hush, but after the last movie I think Riddler is where it is at.

Enter NPH:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9186/NPH%20as%20the%20riddler.jpg

I wonder if NPH could handle it. But then again, who would have thought Ledger would create the most epic Joker in history.

Maritime Q-Scout
06-08-2010, 10:31 AM
simply because Nolan seems to just not care about the comics at all.

Really? Seeing as how you can't translate a comic directly to the screen I thought Nolan did a good job incorporating things in. He used the crime families from the comic books (Falcone and Maroni), had Commissioner Loeb before Gordon. He seemed to stick to Year One during Batman Begins. He didn't reveal the Joker's backstory, not to mention keeping him as sadistic and evil as possible (thank you Mr. Ledger).

The use of Alfred and Fox seems to follow the comics as well.

Is it 100% accurate? No, of course not, it's a movie.

Was Racheal made up for the movie? Yes, however with no plans for Catwoman in the first two movies why introduce Ms. Kyle that early?

However I do wish Ras Al Ghul refereed to Batman as "the detective"

GreenLantern
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
However I do wish Ras Al Ghul refereed to Batman as "the detective"

There is no way you can be 100% true to a book or a comic when making a movie on it. There is just no way, and I understand that.

But what if Jackson had decided to make Aragorn a staff wielding Wizard instead of a Sword swinging Ranger in LOTR?

Or what if Iginla was portrayed in a movie as a defensive defenseman that chips in the occasional goal?

That is the best analogy I can give..

You don't have to nail it right on, but when you drastically butcher the fundamental characteristics of your main character.. you lose a lot of credibility.

I don't really want to get into this debate, because movies are always interpreted differently by different people. But this is how I feel, it was meant as a casual comment originally I wasn't trying to spark this..

Yeah_Baby
06-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I guess I don't know as much about Batman as I thought. :confused:

malcolmk14
06-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Michael C Hall as the Riddler would be insane (in a good way).

I don't know if NPH could pull it off... but then again Heath Ledger was a surprise.

I like the Christina Hendricks as Poison Ivy suggestion, too.

Yeah_Baby
06-08-2010, 11:17 AM
The problem with Ivy: how do you pull that off in the Nolanverse?

cKy
06-08-2010, 11:21 AM
That NPH fake poster is brutal.

It's Morgan FREEMAN... not Freedman.

Stupid nerds.

GreenLantern
06-08-2010, 12:05 PM
That NPH fake poster is brutal.

It's Morgan FREEMAN... not Freedman.

Stupid nerds.

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg

HPLovecraft
06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm more of a Tintin fan, myself, anyway.

Flaming Choy
06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Rumor of the day is Joseph Gordon Levitt as Riddler.

http://flicksided.com/2010/06/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-play-the-riddler-in-batman-3/

Hemi-Cuda
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Rumor of the day is Joseph Gordon Levitt as Riddler.

http://flicksided.com/2010/06/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-play-the-riddler-in-batman-3/

make sense, Nolan likes working with people he knows and picking Levitt for the Riddler is just as off the wall as picking Ledger for the Joker

CaptainCrunch
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
WEll, hopefully this will all make us forget about his portrayal of Cobra Commander. What a terribel movie that was.

Sainters7
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
On a side note, I'm surprised this will be the last one. I'm not saying they should kill it by dragging it out like so many sequels have done in the past or anything. But I thought I had heard that, before he died, Heath Ledger was signed on to reprise his Joker role for at least a couple more movies. Maybe his death killed the story angle and Nolan didn't want to try to piece together some new direction and just chose to end it. Or maybe I just heard wrong.

3 Justin 3
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
On a side note, I'm surprised this will be the last one. I'm not saying they should kill it by dragging it out like so many sequels have done in the past or anything. But I thought I had heard that, before he died, Heath Ledger was signed on to reprise his Joker role for at least a couple more movies. Maybe his death killed the story angle and Nolan didn't want to try to piece together some new direction and just chose to end it. Or maybe I just heard wrong.

The last I heard was that Heath was signed on to do 1 more, but due to his death he obviously couldn't. This caused Nolan to re-think the entire direction to take.

Pastiche
06-11-2010, 06:41 AM
They should just re-cast Joker. It would be fine along the prose of comics where different artists and writers have often very different takes on characters.

A movie with the Riddler would be lame. The Riddler is crappy. Nothing beats the psychotic masochism of the Joker.

What would be so wrong with re-casting Joker?

MrMastodonFarm
06-11-2010, 06:54 AM
What would be so wrong with re-casting Joker?

Because Heath Ledger did such an amazing job as the Joker that anyone who came in to "replace" him would have over the top expectations it would be tough to deal with.

Heath died, so IMO in this Nolan version of the Batman franchise, so is the joker.

Pastiche
06-11-2010, 07:08 AM
That's a pretty condescending attitude to the thousands of excellent professional actors out there. Heath Ledger is the be-all-end-all of Jokers? Hardly, he can be re-imagined, re-cast easily, there is so much to work with with that character that another equally accomplished actor could do an excellent job.

Heath died, but the Joker didn't.

MrMastodonFarm
06-11-2010, 07:09 AM
he can be re-imagined,

Definitly, whenever they do another batch of Batman movies.

But right now, with these Nolan batman movies, let's just move on.

Bring_Back_Shantz
06-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Sure they could go ahead and recast the joker. But if it's for more than a small role, like if he is the main antagonist again, I can pretty much guarantee that no matter how good whoever does it is, the almost universal opinion will be "Well he wasn't nearly as good as Heath (thoughts and prayers), so they totally ruined the movie"

Recasting the Joker for more than a small role, is a great way to guarantee that most people bitch about the movie.

underGRADFlame
06-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Sure they could go ahead and recast the joker. But if it's for more than a small role, like if he is the main antagonist again, I can pretty much guarantee that no matter how good whoever does it is, the almost universal opinion will be "Well he wasn't nearly as good as Heath (thoughts and prayers), so they totally ruined the movie"

Recasting the Joker for more than a small role, is a great way to guarantee that most people bitch about the movie.

Yeah it needs to almost be a cameo, Joker in Arkham laughing manically in his cell would be cool I still think the only one who could pull it off is Depp.

Bring_Back_Shantz
06-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah it needs to almost be a cameo, Joker in Arkham laughing manically in his cell would be cool I still think the only one who could pull it off is Depp.

That's kind of what I'd like to see too.
Joker is still alive, as far as we know, and the last movie had a cameo from scarecrow, so there is a bit of continuity between the two.
I'd be a shame if they just went with "Oh the Joker? Oh, he's in jail, we don't have to worry about him".
It'd be cool if they somehow acknowleded that he's still around, and maybe even threw him on camera for a few minutes, but any more than that and they're just asking for the Interwebz to explode with "OMG they totally ruined the movies!!!!!".

Pastiche
06-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Thing about Joker is that Arkham can only contain his danger, not eliminate it. To have a movie without Joker influencing the events would be a disappointment. Especially if it was just the crappy Riddler leaving clues around for Batman. I know they'll probably have a liberal interpretation of the Riddler but he just pales in comparison to the Joker. It will be very tough to top the second movie.

CaptainCrunch
06-11-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't see the need for the Joker in the next movie. They can mention him at the start, or during it.

Maybe Batman goes to Arkham in the course of his investigations, and as we walk by a cell we hear the Jokers voice saying "You complete me" and thats it.

My hope is that they don't follow the grundgy phycho formula and make the Riddler a over the top crazy killer. It would be too joker like.

There's no doubt in my mind that there will be other Batman movies after Nolan and probably Bale leave at the end of this third one. They can reboot Joker then.

But the performance by Ledger was so strong, and I would still to see the backstory of his joker because to me he's so much like a failed psychology student who's world crumbled around him and drove him to perform his experiments on the failures of individuals and society.

I still go back to the big lie on the Jokers part when he's talking to Dent and he basically states that he doesn't have a plan, and he's like a dog chasing cars, he wouldn't know what do do when he got there. But everything he did was planned to the 9th degree, with the goal in mind of corrupting Batman.

Any performance by any actor playing the joker is going to be dissected and discussed in great and gory detail with the conclusion being that he's a weak contender to Ledger.

Honestly I would have loved to see a Joker movie with no Batman, thats like an origin movie.

I want to see what gave him the scars, and where he came from.

I want I want I want.

rubecube
06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Count me in the crowd who doesn't want to see the Riddler. I'd much rather see Penguin as a new, diabolical mob boss.

sa226
06-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I think the Riddler is still a great Idea. Off the top of my head I think he is the most recognizable villain that would fit in the Nolan universe the best.

If they just have him in a stupid green suit leaving riddles around Gotham, then yes it is a bad choice, but there are multiple layers to the Riddler character that can be explored. With the right actor and the right script I think the Riddler could come close to matching Ledger's Joker.

I don't think it would be a terrible idea to also have the Penguin in the movie. The Penguin character is easy to make realistic. It also follows the pattern of Nolan including the mob in the two previous movies and intertwining the stories with the main villain. Falconi, Maroni, the Pengiun.

GreenLantern
06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
That's a pretty condescending attitude to the thousands of excellent professional actors out there. Heath Ledger is the be-all-end-all of Jokers? Hardly, he can be re-imagined, re-cast easily, there is so much to work with with that character that another equally accomplished actor could do an excellent job.

Heath died, but the Joker didn't.

This.

Heath Ledger was one of my favourite actors, but his Joker was far from perfect. It was full of holes, just like every single comic book character in every single comic book movie.

They could easily re cast the Joker and let another talented actor take it in a direction that fits the movies. I understand why they wont, but they could. I was thinking they could do the Joker in a Silence of the Lambs type role. You have him behind bars, you can barely see his face, a new actor doing the voice... so it is a limited part, Batman tries to get info from him about something big.... some big plot twist... you involve him in the movie, but he isnt a cognitive part. He doesnt ruin the performance that Heath put on, but he is still involved in the plot line.

They did this many times in the comics and every time I was blown away with how powerful it was not just for the one on one interaction between the two (which is always just so insanely well written) but how much it can influence the story line arc.

Antithesis
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Nolan will not re-cast the Joker for the new Batman film:

http://www.moviefone.ca/2010/07/12/the-joker-batman-3-christopher-nolan/

Prototype
07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I think having anyone take on the Joker in this 'arc' of the Batman legacy (the Nolan movies) will be the exact opposite of whe hype behind The Dark Knight.

You can't tell me that a good chunk saw the movie mainly because Ledger died. I wanted to see the movie before, but the idea that this was one of Ledger's last movies added to the need to see it.

To recast the role could have a backlash that would have a completely opposite effect to what we saw with TDK.

3 Justin 3
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
It is going to be weird after Batman 3 is done and WB decides to re-boot it again.

They can't get any grittier. I wonder what they'll do, ruin it is my guess.

Hopefully the new Spiderman flicks are in the same vein as the Nolan movies, gritty and dark. Having never read the comic's though I don't know how that'd work.

Hack&Lube
07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
I just wish Rachel Dawes was not recast...heck, I wish her character never existed. That ruined both movies for me and will ruin the entire trilogy.

Cliche
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
It is going to be weird after Batman 3 is done and WB decides to re-boot it again.

They can't get any grittier. I wonder what they'll do, ruin it is my guess.

Hopefully the new Spiderman flicks are in the same vein as the Nolan movies, gritty and dark. Having never read the comic's though I don't know how that'd work.

Vampires. They can do the whole gothic horror theme as that is also one of the subthemes that is prevalent in the bat books if they aren't doing a whole Frank Miller revival.

ResAlien
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Vampires. They can do the whole gothic horror theme as that is also one of the subthemes that is prevalent in the bat books if they aren't doing a whole Frank Miller revival.

http://www.dave-co.com/dump/BatmanVsDracula_low.jpg

VANFLAMESFAN
07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I just wish Rachel Dawes was not recast...heck, I wish her character never existed. That ruined both movies for me and will ruin the entire trilogy.

She was such a non factor that it never really bothered me how bad she was.

Yeah_Baby
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM

Does anything that exists post 1995 tarnish your enjoyment of all things on this plane of existence?

Mustache
07-13-2010, 12:22 AM

Late to the party, but I don't know if it could ever be too early to reboot that trainwreck.

Locke
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM

I think shes dead.

CaptainCrunch
07-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I think shes dead.

I hear that they cast 150 pounds of ground hamburger to play her in the next movie.

Batman walks through the bombed out warehouse and see's parts of her hanging from the ceiling.

Locke
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I hear that they cast 150 pounds of ground hamburger to play her in the next movie.

Batman walks through the bombed out warehouse and see's parts of her hanging from the ceiling.

But would she get an Oscar nom for this portrayal?

CaptainCrunch
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
No, but the meat cow association of America or M-CAA has her up for a special hefer award.

Or the infamous Hef

Bertuzzied
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I hope they do the Batman: Venom storyline from Legends of the Dark Knight.

Where he gets addicted to roids and goes to town. It's the same stuff Bane was on when he the bat's back.

3 Justin 3
07-13-2010, 01:38 PM
If they do a re-boot of the Batman franchise, they should do a gritty version like the Nolan films, but include some of the more obscure characters like Bane, Clayface, Poison Ivy. They should get the guy who wrote the story for Arkham Asylum to pen the script (I forget his name).

Blaster86
07-13-2010, 02:05 PM
(I forget his name).

Paul Dini.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
If they do a re-boot of the Batman franchise, they should do a gritty version like the Nolan films, but include some of the more obscure characters like Bane, Clayface, Poison Ivy. They should get the guy who wrote the story for Arkham Asylum to pen the script (I forget his name).

Paul Dini.

How about Grant Morrison?

Arkham Asylum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Asylum:_A_Serious_House_on_Serious_Earth)

Blaster86
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
How about Grant Morrison?

Arkham Asylum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Asylum:_A_Serious_House_on_Serious_Earth)

I'll put money on him meaning the game.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
I'll put money on him meaning the game.

Yeah, since that game came out I am constantly thrown off. I assume people are referencing the real Arkham Asylum masterpiece not the game.

Prototype
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
If they reboot... I'd like to see them return to animated... but really F'd up animation you wouldn't want to take your kids to. And bring back Skywalker as the voice of the Joker.

3 Justin 3
07-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, since that game came out I am constantly thrown off. I assume people are referencing the real Arkham Asylum masterpiece not the game.

It is 21 years old, I assume most people would reference the game these days, which I was referring to anyway.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
It is 21 years old, I assume most people would reference the game these days, which I was referring to anyway.

I would argue that mainstream fans reference the game. Anyone intimately familiar with Batman's continuity should know the true AA.

Yeah_Baby
07-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I would argue that mainstream fans reference the game. Anyone intimately familiar with Batman's continuity should know the true AA.

You're like the peter12 of Batman!

I_am_Beast
07-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Batman : Under the Red Hood , the new cartoon , just got leaked....... not a bad movie quite darker than i expected.....and all new voices as well..... tooka bit getting used to.

cKy
07-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Batman : Under the Red Hood , the new cartoon , just got leaked....... not a bad movie quite darker than i expected.....and all new voices as well..... tooka bit getting used to.

I thought it was fine to watch.

Jokers voice was bad.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
You're like the peter12 of Batman!

Who is peter12?

Blaster86
07-14-2010, 01:45 PM

I don't think it really matters that much. AA as a TPB is next to impossible to find. I actually hunted all over Vancouver for it a year ago and came up with Hush. AA and the Long Halloween eluded me, the latter was found recently though.

Edit- A Batman cartoon without Kevin Conroy is not a Batman cartoon worth seeing. Bender as the Joker is a terrible casting choice aswell.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-14-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't think it really matters that much. AA as a TPB is next to impossible to find. I actually hunted all over Vancouver for it a year ago and came up with Hush. AA and the Long Halloween eluded me, the latter was found recently though.

I'm certainly not trying to start a hardcore vs mainstream debate. Maybe I'm just dating myself.

Bertuzzied
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Edit- A Batman cartoon without Kevin Conroy is not a Batman cartoon worth seeing. Bender as the Joker is a terrible casting choice aswell.

Vancouver has crappy comic shops. You can easily find all 3 here in Calgary.

MissTeeks
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Michael Caine says production is to start in April.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/14/batman-3-production-to-begin-april-2011/

Yeah_Baby
07-14-2010, 02:44 PM

I like Bruce Greenwood as much as the next guy, but Conroy IS animated Batman.

NPH as Nightwing though could be sweet.

ComixZone
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Nothing but a rumour of course, but I'm so in love with this idea that I'll actually be disappointed if it doesn't come true (that is of course until I see Batman 3 anyways, and am still blown away).

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as The Riddler rumour (http://www.screened.com/news/the-rumor-mill-grinds-on-joseph-gordon-levitt-as-the-riddler/476/)

(also for those talking about Under the Red Hood...it's not very good if you're a huge bat-fan. Bender as the Joker falls completely flat, while Batman's voice is passable, but it should still be Kevin Conroy).

I'm still heart-broken that Mark Hamill's final performance as the Joker is going to be in Arkham Asylum 2.

GreenLantern
07-21-2010, 01:02 PM
That little dweeb couldn't pull off the Ridler.. just like when they tried to pass off that gay cowboy as the Joke--- oh wait..

CaptainCrunch
07-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Hopefully he puts in a better villian performance then he did in GI Joe.

3 Justin 3
07-21-2010, 01:09 PM
He looks like a Riddler does he not? Nolan seems to use the same people for all his movies. Inception had Scarecrow, Alfred, etc.

The way Nolan casts, the rumor has some legs.

rubecube
07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Am I the only one who is really pumped for this movie but is expecting to be let down? I just think that it's going to be really hard to top TDK. Mind you, I thought Batman Begins was a better movie than TDK overall so maybe it won't be so hard.

ComixZone
07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Am I the only one who is really pumped for this movie but is expecting to be let down? I just think that it's going to be really hard to top TDK. Mind you, I thought Batman Begins was a better movie than TDK overall so maybe it won't be so hard.

Not after seeing Inception last night. My faith in Nolan is at an all time high. I went into Inception expecting it to be amazing, and it still over-delivered for me. Just as long as he can tell a strong story (again) and sticks to it while not getting distracted by an excess of characters. So if it's Nigma, tell a good Nigma story.

Hell, make it so Nigma is a private-eye like he was in the comics for a while, and have him and Batman go at it while trying to track down the Holiday Killer or something. As long as Nolan keeps the focus of the story narrow enough, he'll deliver yet again.

CaptainCrunch
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Not after seeing Inception last night. My faith in Nolan is at an all time high. I went into Inception expecting it to be amazing, and it still over-delivered for me. Just as long as he can tell a strong story (again) and sticks to it while not getting distracted by an excess of characters. So if it's Nigma, tell a good Nigma story.

Hell, make it so Nigma is a private-eye like he was in the comics for a while, and have him and Batman go at it while trying to track down the Holiday Killer or something. As long as Nolan keeps the focus of the story narrow enough, he'll deliver yet again.

You know what really worked for me in TDK was that there was no back history on The Joker, he was just there. Sure he kept telling the story of his scars, but they were different each time.

What's really kept me thinking about the Joker as a great villian in that movie was a desire to know how he got the way he was.

He was obviously brilliant, his whole thing was really about social experimentation for his own amusement. He was a mystery wrapped in bacon. A part of you has to know how a man would get to be that way.

He wasn't an underworld boss dunked in a vat of chemicals, he wasn't a failed stage comedien, he was literally a force of nature who told only one real lie in the movie, and it really shown a candle into his character.

I don't think that we need to know why the Riddler is evil, or where he comes from, we need to learn to hate him or admire him because of what he does.

One of the true iconic villians in Star Wars is Palpatine, and they've basically kept his back story a mystery except for a clue here and there, and those nerds desparately know the man. But its his actions that have sold him.

Blaster86
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Batman//Superman: Apocalypse is out in September. Daly/Conroy goodness!

GreenLantern
07-21-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1275922519.jpg

Oh opps.. psshht how did that get there?

Weeeeeiirrrd.

CaptainCrunch
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Batman//Superman: Apocalypse is out in September. Daly/Conroy goodness!

Am I the only one to think that this adaptation should feature 180 minutes of Batman getting beaten down in a hilarious and brutal fashion.

Batman "I've got a car"
Superman "I fly"
Batman "I have a zipline"
Superman "I can lift the planet with one finger and spin it backwards like a basketball."

ComixZone
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
and speaking of Hamill/Conroy:

Hamill and Conroy to voice Joker/Batman in DCU Online (http://kotaku.com/5592767/mark-hamil-and-kevin-conroy-give-voice-to-dc-universe-online)

Maritime Q-Scout
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
You know what really worked for me in TDK was that there was no back history on The Joker, he was just there. Sure he kept telling the story of his scars, but they were different each time.

What's really kept me thinking about the Joker as a great villian in that movie was a desire to know how he got the way he was.

He was obviously brilliant, his whole thing was really about social experimentation for his own amusement. He was a mystery wrapped in bacon. A part of you has to know how a man would get to be that way.

He wasn't an underworld boss dunked in a vat of chemicals, he wasn't a failed stage comedien, he was literally a force of nature who told only one real lie in the movie, and it really shown a candle into his character.

I don't think that we need to know why the Riddler is evil, or where he comes from, we need to learn to hate him or admire him because of what he does.

One of the true iconic villians in Star Wars is Palpatine, and they've basically kept his back story a mystery except for a clue here and there, and those nerds desparately know the man. But its his actions that have sold him.

That's what makes the Joker great. He's Batman's equal but opposite. In the comics no one but Alfred, and the reader know Batman's origins (with a few other exceptions here and there).

Batman doesn't know the Joker's origins, neither does anyone else in Gotham, and thus the reader doesn't. We want to know, but we don't. We just know he appeared one day and there he is, kind of like how the Gotham universe met Batman.

Am I the only one to think that this adaptation should feature 180 minutes of Batman getting beaten down in a hilarious and brutal fashion.

Batman "I've got a car"
Superman "I fly"
Batman "I have a zipline"
Superman "I can lift the planet with one finger and spin it backwards like a basketball."

Except Batman always wins the Superman/Batman fights in the comics (usually with kryptonite, or a nuclear bomb)

GreenLantern
07-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Well that depends if he fighting Kal-L or Kal-El

Myeh *pushes glasses up with index finger*

Blaster86
07-21-2010, 03:03 PM

If they include the Batman/Darkseid fight then you will get that wish. I only hope they get Michael Ironside for Darkseid as I always read that fight scene with Conroy and Ironside going back and forth and it would just feel perverse otherwise.

"Disavow Kara Zor-El. Say it."
"Well played. Had the Kryptonian or the Amazon taken this gamble, they would have lost. They do not have the strength of character it would take to destroy an entire planet to achieve success. But... YOU. A human. You will kill your own kind to win battles. It is... an admirable quality. Take the girl. I will make no move against her."

omnomnomnomnom.

J pold
07-21-2010, 03:19 PM
You're all nerds.

Bertuzzied
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
You're all nerds.

What? I can't see you with my Batman#1 and Detective Comics #27 covering my eyes.

Coach
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Posted this in the Comic Movie thread but figured it belonged in here more...
an intern at Warner Bros. reporting that Inception stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy are all under consideration for the role of Riddler in Batman 3.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1110240p1.html

CaptainCrunch
08-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Uggh, Tom Hardy, wow and he was so awesome as Shinzon or whatever the hell his name is.

Maybe he can show Batman his darker nation and then run himself through with a spear.

I can't see DiCaprio either, and I hated Levitt in GI Joe.

Get me Lindsay Lohan's phone number, she needs work.

North East Goon
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Christian Bale is a terrible actor.

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Christian Bale is a terrible actor.

:boom:

North East Goon
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
How about Jake Gylenhaal as the Jokers lover avenging for all the wrongdoings Batman caused to his lover.

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
How about Jake Gylenhaal as the Jokers lover avenging for all the wrongdoings Batman caused to his lover.

Are Brokeback jokes still cool?

Rhettzky
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/16/128766357485295467.jpg

Coach
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Uggh, Tom Hardy, wow and he was so awesome as Shinzon or whatever the hell his name is.

Maybe he can show Batman his darker nation and then run himself through with a spear.

I can't see DiCaprio either, and I hated Levitt in GI Joe.

Get me Lindsay Lohan's phone number, she needs work.

I could see Hardy if they were to take the Riddler from a different angle and make him a sort of British gangster/hustler who is actually some sort of criminal genius. I dunno, I trust Nolan enough that I'm sure whoever he chooses for whatever role will workout just fine.

Prototype
08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Christian Bale is a terrible Batman, and wasn't all that great in Terminator: Salvation, but he's not that bad of an actor.

Fixed.

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Fixed.

How is he a terrible Batman? Who do you prefer? Val Kilmer? George Clooney?

Hemi-Cuda
08-04-2010, 04:18 PM
How is he a terrible Batman? Who do you prefer? Val Kilmer? George Clooney?

someone who doesn't feel the need to sound like a lung cancer patient when they speak with a mask on

Prototype
08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
I'll take Keaton... even in his 'advanced age'.

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
someone who doesn't feel the need to sound like a lung cancer patient when they speak with a mask on

Funny how Bale did it Batman Begins and no one said anything. The Dark Knight becomes super popular and then its an issue.

But when Kevin Conroy changes his voice the fanboy's all cream their utility belts. :rolleyes:

Hemi-Cuda
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Funny how Bale did it Batman Begins and no one said anything. The Dark Knight becomes super popular and then its an issue.

But when Kevin Conroy changes his voice the fanboy's all cream their utility belts. :rolleyes:

i hated Bale's stupid Batman voice in both movies, and i have no idea who Kevin Conroy is

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 04:28 PM
i hated Bale's stupid Batman voice in both movies, and i have no idea who Kevin Conroy is

The voice of Batman from the DC Animated Universe. Mark Hamill was the Joker to Conroy's Batman.

Sr. Mints
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Posted this in the Comic Movie thread but figured it belonged in here more...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1110240p1.html

Bleeah.

I was more impressed when the Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin rumours were afloat.

Blaster86
08-04-2010, 05:27 PM
and i have no idea who Kevin Conroy is

Guy who has played Batman for a longer time than anyone else (almost 20 years now).

Hemi-Cuda
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Guy who has played Batman for a longer time than anyone else (almost 20 years now).

if he does the Batman voice for Arkham Asylum, then he's quite good, and doesn't sound like a badger when he speaks

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
if he does the Batman voice for Arkham Asylum, then he's quite good, and doesn't sound like a badger when he speaks

Yes that's him. However you don't get a chance in game to contrast his Bruce Wayne voice.

Hemi-Cuda
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes that's him. However you don't get a chance in game to contrast his Bruce Wayne voice.

does it matter? in AA Batman still sounds like an intelligent human being, not a chain smoking grandmother. if his voice is that much different as Bruce Wayne then it just goes to show how much more talented he is than Bale

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
does it matter? in AA Batman still sounds like an intelligent human being, not a chain smoking grandmother. if his voice is that much different as Bruce Wayne then it just goes to show how much more talented he is than Bale

I think Bale's Batman voice hate is over blown. But hey I still like Entourage so what do I know.

Phanuthier
08-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't think your grandmother is a women, Hemi.

awildermode
08-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Bale's Batman voice is suppose to 'disguise' his voice from Bruce Wayne.

There are little microphones on this collar (where the cape meets the suit) to pick up his voice. Speakers are placed in the 'ears' of his cowl. You can kinda see this in the construction of the suit in Batman Begins, as well as any making of/art of Batman documentary/book.

nerd out

3 Justin 3
08-04-2010, 11:13 PM
When I first herd Conroy in Arkham Asylum I thought he was mediocre, nothing special. By the end of the game I thought he was the best yet! Hamill as the Joker is still the best voice acting ever.

Yeah_Baby
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
When I first herd Conroy in Arkham Asylum I thought he was mediocre, nothing special. By the end of the game I thought he was the best yet! Hamill as the Joker is still the best voice acting ever.

Was that your first experience with those actors in those roles? You poor unfortunate soul.

Blaster86
08-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Something I feel I should note is that when Conroy first started doing Batman, his voice was **** for the exact same reason that Bale's is now.

I think because of the raspiness and gravelly tone, it takes a while to get your voice to do what you want. It wasn't till Season 3 or so of TAS that Conroy had the voice you hear in AA, Batman//Superman and Justice League.

burnin_vernon
08-05-2010, 06:58 AM

I think it was Nolan's decision to use the digitally enhanced voice in the movies.

I hated it too but that doesn't make Bale a bad actor, it just means he (or someone) made a poor creative decision.

Cecil Terwilliger
08-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I think it was Nolan's decision to use the digitally enhanced voice in the movies.

I hated it too but that doesn't make Bale a bad actor, it just means he (or someone) made a poor creative decision.

Bale and Nolan decided to use a more feral voice for Batman. Not sure if it was digitally enhanced. I heard it was just Bale trying to a)mask Wayne's voice and b) sound scary and primal.

North East Goon
08-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Bale is too stiff and lifeless in all his roles. The guy has no charisma. He's like a real life Vincent Chase, minus the pretty boy looks for the ladies.

Yeah_Baby
08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Bale is too stiff and lifeless in all his roles. The guy has no charisma. He's like a real life Vincent Chase, minus the pretty boy looks for the ladies.

Funny because Vincent Chase is all charisma.

GreenLantern
08-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I think Bale is actually a really good Bruce Wayne, just a terrible Batman.

Part of that is his voice, the other part is his ninja skills over shadowing his detective skills. That is writing though, so I can't really blame the actor. I do like Christian Bale, and I can't think of anyone who would do a better job in his place, just needs better writing.

alltherage
08-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Bleeah.

I was more impressed when the Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin rumours were afloat.

I think Joseph Gordon Levitt would be great for this role. DiCaprio is a sick actor too but I dont know... hard to see him as the Riddler.

Mind you, if the riddler was made to be a darker character maybe he'd do a great job. I just cant shake the Jim Carrey riddler out of my head.

Machiavelli
08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Bleeah.

I would cream my pants (are girls allowed to say this?).

cKy
08-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I would cream my pants (are girls allowed to say this?).

Yes, yes they are.

soooooooooooooooo... a/s/l?

Yeah_Baby
08-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I think Bale is actually a really good Bruce Wayne, just a terrible Batman.

Part of that is his voice, the other part is his ninja skills over shadowing his detective skills. That is writing though, so I can't really blame the actor. I do like Christian Bale, and I can't think of anyone who would do a better job in his place, just needs better writing.

Yeah, yeah? Well Ryan Reynolds is a terrible Hal Jordan.

/na na nah boo boo

3 Justin 3
08-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, yes they are.

soooooooooooooooo... a/s/l?

18/f/california

Super Nintendo Chalmers
08-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I was Batman Begins and didn't think twice about his voice. I was annoyed by his voice in Dark Knight. Then I saw Batman Begins again. Not annoyed. There is a difference. Maybe he tries to project a bit more in the second movie and it's a bit too hoarse.

rubecube
08-06-2010, 12:44 AM
I was Batman Begins and didn't think twice about his voice.

HOLY ****! YOU were Batman Begins?!! How was life as a major motion picture? What made you decide to give it all up?

Flash Walken
08-06-2010, 01:35 AM
also, when his voice and the penthouse plot hole are the only things wrong with a movie, it's pretty easy to focus on it.

GreenLantern
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, yeah? Well Ryan Reynolds is a terrible Hal Jordan.

/na na nah boo boo

Yes, I imagine he will be.

icarus
08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah, yeah? Well Ryan Reynolds is a terrible Hal Jordan. I want to see Ryan Reynolds as Hal Johnson in Bodybreak Begins, alongside maybe Ellen Page as Joanne McLeod.

Frank MetaMusil
08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
I want to see Ryan Reynolds as Hal Johnson in Bodybreak Begins, alongside maybe Ellen Page as Joanne McLeod.

Just remember: Keep fit & have fun! :bag:

Cecil Terwilliger
10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Casting news!

Tom Hardy, best known for dreaming big in “Inception,” will be a major character in the third Batman film, which begins filming early next year, according to a source close to the production.

Will he be friend or foe to Christian Bale’s grim caped crusader? That’s not clear yet, although he might make an offbeat and darkly charismatic version of the Riddler or perhaps a smirking take on Black Mask, the crime boss with an ebony, statue-like visage.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/13/batman-film-adds-inception-star/

MrMastodonFarm
10-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Tom Hardy is a grossly underrated actor. Great addition.

3 Justin 3
10-13-2010, 09:15 PM
I am going to buy an Ed Hardy shirt in support of Tom Hardy!

CaptainCrunch
10-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Tom Hardy is a grossly underrated actor. Great addition.

Yes, because he was such a awesome part of the last TNG movie.

Maybe he can ram himself on Batman's spear in the next movie while talking about his darker nature.

MrMastodonFarm
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Yes, because he was such a awesome part of the last TNG movie.

Maybe he can ram himself on Batman's spear in the next movie while talking about his darker nature.
Is it just me, or are you more dickish the usual lately?

Anyways, yes he actually was good in that move, especially when you use that role to compare his acting range. Watch him in Nemesis and then something like Bronson, the guy is a fantastic actor, you're annoying wit notwithstanding.
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/656/656172/star-trek-nemesis-special-collectors-edition-20051005003940686-000.jpg
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2009_Bronson/2009_bronson_006.jpg

He was also great in Inception as well, so good I wish his character had a bigger role.

He's set to star in the remake of Mad Max, so between this and a starring role in the next Batman movie you should be hearing about him more in the future.

But yeah, he sucks because you don't like Star Trek: The Next Generation.:rolleyes:

CaptainCrunch
10-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Is it just me, or are you more dickish the usual lately?

Anyways, yes he actually was good in that move, especially when you use that role to compare his acting range. Watch him in Nemesis and then something like Bronson, the guy is a fantastic actor, you're annoying wit notwithstanding.
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/656/656172/star-trek-nemesis-special-collectors-edition-20051005003940686-000.jpg
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2009_Bronson/2009_bronson_006.jpg

He was also great in Inception as well, so good I wish his character had a bigger role.

He's set to star in the remake of Mad Max, so between this and a starring role in the next Batman movie you should be hearing about him more in the future.

But yeah, he sucks because you don't like Star Trek: The Next Generation.:rolleyes:

Guess I need to ramp up my dickishness and annoying wit, obviously I've let my standards fall if there are times when I'm not.

I get that he's a good actor, he did do well in inception, and good for him for breaking out.

But I thought he was horrible in TNG, probably a large bi product of a bad script (Can I touch your hair because I'm totally going to mind rape you later), but I thought he didn't have the presence to play a primary role.

Coach
10-27-2010, 10:03 AM
TITLE AND VILLIAN UPDATE!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1130726p1.html

The Dark Knight Rises.

No Riddler

3 Justin 3
10-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Nolan, how I love you. It will be shot in 2D rather than 3D and will use IMAX cameras like TDK. That alone makes the movie better than any other movie.

No Riddler eh? I wonder who they will use.

With Batman taking the heat at the end of TDK, I think the beginning of the movie will be with Gotham hating the Batman, and the movie will be Batman's return to glory (Rising).

Can't bloody wait, 2 more years!

Just a thought. The casting for the lead female role could be very interesting. I wonder if he'll bring in Harley Quinn as part 3 was supposed to have the Joker as well. Then we get Quinn throughout the movie, and then the other "main" villain as well.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Put me in the "excited it's not 3D" camp". 3D has only blown me away in Avatar and nothing else since. I'm sure if Nolan did Dark Knight Rising in 3D, he would do it right, but I'm glad he didn't. The scenes he shot in IMAC for TDK were awesome. I saw the movie twice on the IMAX. Loved the opening sequence and the hospital explosion on the giant screen.

Very interested in seeing who the villain will be now. I assumed Riddler since TDK finished.

Nolan, you are awesome.

Captain_Obvious
10-28-2010, 02:55 AM
But I thought he was horrible in TNG, probably a large bi product of a bad script (Can I touch your hair because I'm totally going to mind rape you later), but I thought he didn't have the presence to play a primary role.

I thought he was good in that role despite it being a disappointing movie.

underGRADFlame
10-28-2010, 07:39 AM
They were speculating on ANIC that the villain would be a not dead Harvey Dent/Two Face, as "The Dark Knight" title referred as much to Harvey as it did to the Batman according to Nolan.

GreenLantern
10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Catwoman will be in this movie, or at the very least Selena Cole will make an appearance.

I keep thinking for some reason Killer Croc, no idea why.. maybe he wants to make his first realistic meta human..

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a young Dick Grayson get the nod.. not as the Robin or anything but since this is the last Batman movie Nolan will make just setting the table for the story line. More of a cameo than anything..

FlameOn
10-28-2010, 08:55 AM
I think Talia Al Ghul would be interesting. Given the movie is Dark Knight Rises, maybe we finally have Bruce finding who he is meant to be with and he can stop being Batman?

Please please no Robin... I keep on getting reminded of Batman & Robin with George Clooney every time. The Dark Knight does not need a sidekick.

alltherage
11-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Nolan releases film title: The Dark Knight Rises (http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1130726p1.html)

Speaking to Hero Complex, Nolan revealed that the Batman 3 title will be The Dark Knight Rises, and in a move that may surprise some fans, he said that the film's villain won't be The Riddler. No Riddler? Rumour is that it's a Female villain. Catwoman or Poison Ivy? Harley Quinn?

Coach
11-11-2010, 12:39 PM
^^^^ mentioned a few posts up by moi :cool:

Hemi-Cuda
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
i doubt he'll touch Catwoman with a 10 foot pole after the Halle Berry disaster

Coach
11-11-2010, 12:55 PM
i doubt he'll touch Catwoman with a 10 foot pole after the Halle Berry disaster

Not that I think he will do Catwoman, but if Nolan can right the wrong that was Batman and Robin (I actually like Batman Forever:bag:) than he would probably have no problem making Catwoman legitimate

alltherage
11-11-2010, 12:56 PM
^^^^ mentioned a few posts up by moi :cool:

Ah, the rare but also embarassing Rico. For shame. :bag:

Cole436
11-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ra's, Talia and a recast Joker.
This is a finale, not a new beginning to the Batman verse.

Coach
11-11-2010, 03:51 PM
6 actresses up for 2 unspecified roles in the movie. 1 will be a villain and the other will be a love interest.

Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Blake Lively.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1133672p1.html

Cole436
11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
6 actresses up for 2 unspecified roles in the movie. 1 will be a villain and the other will be a love interest.

Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Blake Lively.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1133672p1.html

Portman and Weisz, please.

Coach
11-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I think all are great. Dont really know much about Lively other than that shes in Green Lantern so I can't really see her taking a role. Love Watts and Portman though

Cole436
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Can't go wrong with either of them. Betting cash that if Portman gets the part, it's as Talia Ah Guhl

alltherage
11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Portman would make a wicked Harley Quinn

http://blogs.allocine.fr/blogsdatas/mdata/6/4/3/Z20050121134148747901346/img/harley_quinn.jpg

TorqueDog
11-11-2010, 04:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the best Batman movies were Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992). Period. Christian Bale is a crap Batman.

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2010, 04:53 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the best Batman movies were Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992). Period. Christian Bale is a crap Batman.

Do you shake your fist at kids and their loud music too?

Cecil Terwilliger
11-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Batman Returns was an awful, awful movie. The only reason worth watching is Michelle Pfeifer in that Catwoman costume.

Oh, and Kevin Smith's daughter should play Harley Quinn...

And I think Hathaway would make a damn sexy Catwoman if they are going that route.

TorqueDog
11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Do you shake your fist at kids and their loud music too?I'm twenty-five years old, I don't think that's appropriate behavior for someone who still has not a single grey hair on his head.

You do not need to be an old fart to appreciate the fact that Michael Keaton was, by far, the best Batman on film to date.

And Cecil, you bite your tongue about Batman Returns.

What I liked about the first two Batman films was the same thing that the next two movies sorely lacked - the Burton aspect. Something about the way Tim Burton does Batman versus the way Joel Schumacher does it made the movies so much better. Forever and B&R were too bright. Forever admittedly was less guilty of this, but B&R was so campy and full of awful and painfully forced one-liners, it completely killed the franchise at that point (Chris O'Donnell who played Robin even admits this).

Begins and TDK... I dunno. Something about Bale as Batman doesn't work for me. Until I - myself - am cast as Batman, there will never be another true Batman.

MrMastodonFarm
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM

On the flip side, the only Batman movies I like are the Nolan Batman movies. The first Batman is just good, Batman Returns is "okay", Batman Forever is total garbage, and Batman and Robin might be the worst movie I've ever seen.

Hemi-Cuda
11-11-2010, 09:21 PM
the only bad part about Bale's Batman is that stupid voice. never in the other movies, cartoons, video games, or anything else in which you actually hear his voice did Batman make himself sound like a throat cancer victim. no idea what Nolan was thinking there

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2010, 09:33 PM
the only bad part about Bale's Batman is that stupid voice. never in the other movies, cartoons, video games, or anything else in which you actually hear his voice did Batman make himself sound like a throat cancer victim. no idea what Nolan was thinking there

Have you heard Bruce Greenwood's Batman from Under The Hood? It's pretty throat cancer esq.

3 Justin 3
11-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Portman and Weisz, please.

Oh hells yeah.

Those are my picks too. Portman for the Villain, Weisz as the love interest.

All 6 are good choices so woohoo!

GreenLantern
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM

The best Batman, outside of the voice, is Bale. In the other Batmans defense, this is due to the quality of writing in these films compared to the others.

The best Bruce Wayne is hands down Micheal Keaton. This is purely due to the actors ability to acurately portray the character.

Of course, in my opinion.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Best Batman: Bale
Best Bruce Wayne: Bale
Best Batman Movies: Nolan's

Michael Keaton was great and the 1989 Batman was fantastic, but Nolan took the feel to a different level and I totally enjoyed his stories more than Burton's.

Cheerio
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Best Batman movie was the Dark Knight, but the cartoon one with Batman & Robin and Mr. Freeze? is pretty good too.

edit: Batman & Mr. Freeze - Subzero

burning_acid1
11-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm really looking forward to this movie! The Dark Knight is one of my all-time favourite movies.

Hemi-Cuda
11-12-2010, 01:41 AM
the voices for Arkham Asylum are the same as the Batman animated movies right? when i think of the Batman of lore, that's the one that pops into mind. the look and voice just seem right

FlameOn
11-12-2010, 07:11 AM
the voices for Arkham Asylum are the same as the Batman animated movies right? when i think of the Batman of lore, that's the one that pops into mind. the look and voice just seem right

Totally agree. Bale really needs to turn down the throat cancer for this movie.

Yeah_Baby
11-13-2010, 02:28 AM

Not all of them. But Harley, Batman, and the Joker were. Gordon was different from the show.

But to a whole generation, Kevin Conroy IS the animated Batman.