PDA

View Full Version : Mike Milbury: Not A Fan Of Russia's 'Eurotrash Game'

nickk382
02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/NBC-analyst-Mike-Milbury-not-a-fan-of-Russia-s-?urn=oly,224135

Mike Milbury and controversy are real good friends. Sometimes he's found using shoes in various ways; or inciting Washington Capitals fans by calling them the "Crapitals"; or mixing it up with bloggers outside of an elevator. To the hockey community, Milbury is that crazy uncle who embarrasses everyone around him whenever he opens his mouth.

sureLoss
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
'Eurotrash' is a pansification of the term he really wanted to say

Table 5
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Not sure what the big deal is with the word, and I was born in Europe. Sometimes it's more than justified.

Komskies
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Mike Lolbury.

Johnny Canuck
02-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Keep in mind this is the same idiot that thought the following deals were great deals from his perspective.

Bertuzzi, McCabe, 3rd rounder(Ruutu) for Linden

Spezza, Chara, Muckalt for Yashin

Luongo, Jokinen for Parrish and Kvasha

Bottom line is that I don't ever take much stock into what he has to say. The guy is a moron and the media has this creepy desire to turn him into the next Don Cherry.

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I dont like Mike Milbury.

But I like his use of the term Eurotrash :)

Cowperson
02-25-2010, 02:33 PM
If you're NBC, you're not seeing Milbury as a problem because of a "Eurotrash" comment.

Instead, you're seeing another 10 million viewers next game because he's a problem who said "Eurotrash."

Controversy sells. We all slow down to look at car wrecks. :whistle:

Cowperson

Yamer
02-25-2010, 03:07 PM
If you're NBC, you're not seeing Milbury as a problem because of a "Eurotrash" comment.

Instead, you're seeing another 10 million viewers next game because he's a problem who said "Eurotrash."

Cowperson

Uncle Eric would say "Controversy Creates Cash".

Hammertime
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM

Cowperson

I don't know if there will be an uptick. People in the US who actually knows who Mile Milbury is are probably watching the hockey games already. Anyone else could give a rats a$$.

octothorp
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh man, now I've got that song in my head. Damn Cracker and their catchy mid-1990s pseudo-alternative rock.

Vulcan
02-25-2010, 05:00 PM
What's not to like about Mike Milbury, as long as he's never our GM. I think he's hilarious and the Eurotrash comment was probably pointed at the Euro game where they devolve into dirty hockey when they can't take the Canadian body checking. Over the years in some quarters, Canadian hockey has been vilified as dirty, but it was never as dirty as European hockey, Bobby Clarke included. This international hockey is great for a short tourney, but it would devolve to the crap unentertaining Euro game if it continued without allowing fighting to keep order.

Smell My Finger
02-25-2010, 06:10 PM
nothing wrong with saying Eurotrash. Its the same as referring to Americans as Yankees or :DYankee trash.
If someone referred to Canada as Canadian Trash its more laughable than anything else.