PDA

View Full Version : Russian tears taste so good!

nik-
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Well ... Pravda tears at least.

We all know Canada has problems with the future lines drawn on Arctic maps and we all know Canada lives in the shadow of its larger neighbour to the south. The abject cruelty shown by Canadian soldiers in international conflicts is scantily referred to, as indeed is the utter incapacity of this county to host a major international event, due to its inferiority complex, born of a trauma being the skinny and weakling bro to a beefy United States and a colonial outpost to the United Kingdom, whose Queen smiles happily from Canadian postage stamps.

http://english.pravda.ru/sports/games/19-02-2010/112308-vancouver_mutton-0

I'm not even mad, this article is amazing!

burn_this_city
02-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I heard about this yesterday. Some dumb fog breather who probably got canned from the BBC forced to write in Russia.

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Hahaha.

Timothy BANCROFT-HINCHEY

Mr. Bancroft-Hinchey, who feels that "the main trait that journalists must have is modesty," describes himself as "one of the leading English song-writers of the 1980s." Presumably disenchanted with the glamour of "three Eurovision contests, three albums, two maxi-singles and five singles," he turned to journalism to satisfy his "need to talk and tell."

Where exactly is mother russia in the medal standings I wonder.

burn_this_city
02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
I never knew :

The abject cruelty shown by Canadian soldiers in international conflicts

but I actually like it, if true. Awesome. A little extra in the poppy fund from me this year.

We were famous in the world wars for taking no prisoners and basically shooting everyone in an enemy uniform.

troutman
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Russian tears taste like vodka.

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
We were famous in the world wars for taking no prisoners and basically shooting everyone in an enemy uniform.

Wars are won with blood spilled, if they dont surrender they should be killed. Its war.

I didnt know this but if we are known for this then good. Let us be known for this and the Russians be known for corruption. I am fine with that.

Cowperson
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Remember, the translation of "Pravda" is "truth."

In this case, as believable today as it was in the era of the Soviet Union.

Cowperson

GreenLantern
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree, in war you shoot first and ask second.

The Russians weren't able to shoot first because that would require a government with a stable enough economy to arm every single soldier.

YOU GET BULLET, HE GET GUN, HE DIE, YOU PICK UP GUN, OK?

CaptainCrunch
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM

In the second world war I think that only started happening the Normandy Massacre and June 7, 1944 massace of Canadian soldiers by Kurt Meyers.

There was an informal consensus after that, that Canadians wouldn't go out of their way to take prisoners.

CaptainCrunch
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Remember, the translation of "Pravda" is "truth."

In this case, as believable today as it was in the era of the Soviet Union.

Cowperson

Hmmm, I see that the Russians are entering their tanks into Monster Truck Shows. An unknown object is passing close to the earth. And a two headed cow born in Tblisk.

All in all its a good news day.

Cowperson
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Remember the chant from the Canadian fans in Luzniki Sports Arena in 1972, with Brezhnev and the Politburo in attendance?

"Da, Da Canada, Nyet, Nyet Soviet!!!'

They sent some bully boys over to try and shut them up. Didn't work.

We're still annoying to Russians apparently. And their British lackeys.

Cowperson

Phaneufenstein
02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Timothy BANCROFT-HINCHEY, just like Mike Smith and John Doe, are very common Russian names.
He, along with the editor of Pravda who authorized this garbage to be published should be shot.

North East Goon
02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
They are sooo going to cheat in Sochi.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
the ###### that wrote that article can't even spell.

but Russians do complain non-stop. especially when a western country is involved. the us v. the world attitude they have is getting really annoying. i can't even imagine at how badly the north american's are gonna be treated in 2014.

HPLovecraft
02-25-2010, 01:26 PM

Yes, because the Soviets and Germans were so nice to each other on the Eastern Front during WW2 in comparison.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 01:27 PM
i love how now there's not 1 but 2 ex cold war countries that are sticking it to Russia in the sports department.

add that to missing the World Cup to a lowly Slovenia punking them.

i am pleased.

pylon
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
A russian journalist complaining about North American corruption and cheating....

http://pwoodford.net/hashblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pot_kettle.jpg

scotty2hotty
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
So I go to the Pravda website and this is the ad I see on the front page. Seriously ...WTF?

http://ad.liveinternet.ru/show/59/banner/397.jpg (http://ad.pravda.ru/cgi-bin/fclick?59,29,397)

FlamesAddiction
02-25-2010, 01:46 PM
This is too funny. He talks about Canada having an inferiority complex when the Russians are the ones who spent themselves into an oblivian trying to keep up with the U.S. and maintain order in their own borders. With the rise of the EU, China and India, Russia is quickly becoming irrelevant in the world.

The funny thing is, I thought that if any country would slag on us, it would be the U.S., but from most of what I read in the U.S. media, they have been very gracious guests during this Olympics.

HPLovecraft
02-25-2010, 01:46 PM
British and German women, however, feel free to make their husbands wear genital irons before letting them leave for work. The most horrible thing about it is that "cuffed" men do not give way to despair: they easily communicate with other men, who have their penises locked up in their pants. Chastity belts pose only one problem for their owners - men feel shy to use public toilets.

Ohh boy. Russians...

Kidder
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
In Soviet Russia, tiny violin plays you!

LChoy
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
This is too funny. He talks about Canada having an inferiority complex when the Russians are the ones who spent themselves into an oblivian trying to keep up with the U.S. and maintain order in their own borders. With the rise of the EU, China and India, Russia is quickly becoming irrelevant in the world.

The funny thing is, I thought that if any country would slag on us, it would be the U.S., but from most of what I read in the U.S. media, they have been very gracious guests during this Olympics.

I understand what you are saying, but Russia is still very relevant in the international community. They are currently one of the biggest petro-chemical powers in the world, and the dominate that sphere of influence in their region. Countries bordering Russia who have been interested in joining the Eu have been imtimidated from doing so. Ukraine gets their gas supply disrupted periodcally. The US has to rely on the Russians to get them to pressure Iran and North Korean to disarm.

However, in sports, it appears that there grip on world sporting events have slipped. Part of it has to do with the multiple former states fielding their own teams but also that the Russians don't seem to be as formiable as they use to be

Cowperson
02-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I understand what you are saying, but Russia is still very relevant in the international community. They are currently one of the biggest petro-chemical powers in the world, and the dominate that sphere of influence in their region. Countries bordering Russia who have been interested in joining the Eu have been imtimidated from doing so. Ukraine gets their gas supply disrupted periodcally. The US has to rely on the Russians to get them to pressure Iran and North Korean to disarm.

However, in sports, it appears that there grip on world sporting events have slipped. Part of it has to do with the multiple former states fielding their own teams but also that the Russians don't seem to be as formiable as they use to be

Coincidentally, in Newsweek right now, "So Much For The Salad Days," an analysis of Russia's recent stunning decline economically.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/234060

Basically Mexico with intercontinental nnuclear weapons.

Nations have to decide how important higher level sporting recognition is to the national psyche . . . . . and fund accordingly.

You get what you pay for.

Cowperson

LChoy
02-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow, I stand corrected

Barnes
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I just read an article where it compares research and design spending/GDP and for various industries in the west vs. Russia. Where a western industry would spend like 1x% of their budget, Russian industries spend like 0.xx% of theirs.

Basically the country is falling apart because everyone just takes their profit and buys Bentleys rather than invest in the future.

I'll see if i can find it.

Matata
02-25-2010, 06:04 PM
All kinds of beaten

TopChed
02-26-2010, 01:11 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/hockey/story/2010/02/25/bc-russian-president-cancels-visit.html

Russia's president has cancelled his trip to the closing ceremony in Vancouver. I guess they're taking it rough over there.

Bardin suggested to the Star that the Russian men's Olympic hockey loss to Canada on Wednesday might have something to do with Medvedev's travel plans.

“I don’t know if he’s angry exactly, but I think like most everyone, the mood is bad, very bad,” Bardin said.