PDA

View Full Version : Ovechkin pushes a Russian fan in Vancouver?

sureLoss
02-25-2010, 09:14 AM
7KDQbTOTc3M

Classy

troutman
02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
He's a punk.

transplant99
02-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Gritty play.

kirant
02-25-2010, 09:19 AM
He just wanted to do that after it happened to him so many times in the game.

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Until I see a view of what Ovechkin saw I wont judge.

Russian media sources should never be trusted unless verified.

amorak
02-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Until I see a view of what Ovechkin saw I wont judge.

Russians should never be trusted unless verified.

Fixed it for you.

Bertuzzied
02-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Crosby would have gave the fan a timbit.

VladtheImpaler
02-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Fixed it for you.

As a Russian... I would have to agree.

burn_this_city
02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Too bad he didnt show that much heart and determination during the game.

SOMBRI2
02-25-2010, 09:29 AM
gutsy.

Resolute 14
02-25-2010, 09:32 AM
It's just because he's enthusiastic!

Joborule
02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I wonder why he pushed the camera? Makes no sense to do so out of the blue since he loves the attention.

Cactus Jack
02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm surprised he didn't try to knee this guy. What an arse clown.

Buzzard
02-25-2010, 09:45 AM
As a Russian...

What are they saying when he pushed the camera?

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I would also like to know. Ovie goes out of this normal walking path to do it, something had to happen or he knew the person/media organization who was filming it and they had wronged him in the past.

GreenLantern
02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Look at the two girls on the right trying to talk to Ovie... oh to be a pro hockey player..

SkunkyJosh
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to put Crosby into this thread. Got my answer, thanks. :bag:

VladtheImpaler
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM

No sound at work - sorry.

SkunkyJosh
02-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Look at the two girls on the right trying to talk to Ovie... oh to be a pro hockey player..

I'd hit that! :w00t:

Phaneufenstein
02-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Please don't break (camera I presume)

FlamesAddiction
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Haha... good stuff. You'd never see Crosby do that!

Netskot
02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
who cares wether Crosby would do that or not? does that matter?

Ovechkin is a better player than Crosby, regardless of their personalities.

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Uh oh :pop:

Kybosh
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM

Not yesterday he wasn't.

burning_acid1
02-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Wow, what a guy...

Netskot
02-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Not yesterday he wasn't.

what?

I thought they had the same production in yesterday's game?

or does Crosby take the credit of his teammates?

Kybosh
02-25-2010, 11:01 AM
what?

I thought they had the same production in yesterday's game?

or does Crosby take the credit of his teammates?

Look, I'm not going to get into this because I just don't care. Crosby helped lead Canada to pummeling the Russians. This is enough for me for that one game.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
So did Morrow. Doesn't make him better than Ovechkin.

Jets4Life
02-25-2010, 11:16 AM
To be fair to Ovie, he really hates losing, and if I can recall correctly, he once shuttled a cell phone across the room in the Caps dressing room after a losing streak a few years back (before they were the powerhouse that they were now). There is tremendous pressure on all these athletes, especially in Europe, since it's their version of the Stanley Cup.

I can recall some Swedish newspapers suggesting that Tommy Salo never return to Sweden if he were smart, after the fluke goal vs Belarus in 2002. Remember, these are pro athletes, not community leaders. Sure Ovi was pissed, but when you compare this to the actions of Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, and even Theo Fleury in the past, it's really tame, considering Russia was just knocked out of the Medal race.

Kesler17
02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Haha awesome

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
One other thing, where was this video taken. I have my doubts it was taken last night given the russian signage on the window behind him.

Also have the Russians been wearing sochi gear at the Olympics in vancouver? Seems fairly low brow if true.

burn_this_city
02-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Quit making arguments you can't back up.

Henry Fool
02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Sort of understandable, actually. Creepy people should stop shoving cameras in their faces without permission.

Smell My Finger
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/Juldust/xmaspresent.jpg

timbit
02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Crosby has outplayed Ovechkin badly in EVERY SINGLE elimination game the 2 have EVER played against each other....and there are many games to choose from...going back to WJC.
Sidenote...did Ovi forget how to speak English between his pregame and postgame interview?

Winsor_Pilates
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
One other thing, where was this video taken. I have my doubts it was taken last night given the russian signage on the window behind him.

Also have the Russians been wearing sochi gear at the Olympics in vancouver? Seems fairly low brow if true.
That is the current Russian Olympic gear. Their Russian house here is called "Sochi House" and my guess is they're in there.

mykalberta
02-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, talk about Russian classyness, unless in Turin Canada wore Vancouver on their outfits.

HPLovecraft
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Sort of understandable, actually. Creepy people should stop shoving cameras in their faces without permission.

It's at the Winter Olympics. I am sure about an umpteen number of fans have cameras there taking pictures of all the athletes.

Playfair
02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
It is probably fairly simple. He is probably pissed that he lost and didn't want to deal with fans. He was simply pissed.

Nobody can argue he has talent, but that was a mistake on his part. He isn't perfect but neither is anyone else.

It seems that in the big games he doesn't show up like he should, and I think he was simply pissed and did something stupid that he probably wouldn't have done normally.

I am thankful that Crosby represents Canada with heart and guts when everything is on the line. I admire that about him. I am also thankful that Ovie doesn't represent Canada, at least when he did something like that. That is just not professional.

Oh and GO CANADA!

Canuck-Hater
02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Unclassy move by the "fan" to stick a camera in his face. I find that disrespectful.

RedHot25
02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Maybe the Russian coach told him about this plan...

http://english.pravda.ru/photo/report/canada_russia-5152/6/

But Russia's coach Vyacheslav Bykov was furious when asked about reports that the players had been seen at "social events" in the days leading up to the match. 'Don't look for something that isn't there," he said, as quoted by the Sovetski Sport paper. "You've already had a go at the footballers. The guys prepared seriously for the game." "Let's get the guillotine or the gallows out, yeah?" he went on. "We have 35 people in the squad, let's cut them all up on Red Square..." Things are unlikely to go that far, but Russia's ice-hockey players are assured a frosty reception when they return to snowbound Moscow.

RyZ
02-25-2010, 01:21 PM

He's sure showed it in every head to head, winner take all game he's ever had against Crosby. I was hoping to get an updated shot of Ovechkin crying and Malkin hugging him at the blueline like the famous pic from when Crosby and his team dominated them at the WJC.

Sainters7
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
On a side note, for some cheap laughs, double click on the video link to watch it on Youtube, hit the "Translate" button(its all in Russian), and read the comments underneath. It's right up there with that translated Swedish Huselius article from a couple years back.

Gotta love syntax and its inability to allow anything to be translated perfectly.

Henry Fool
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
It's at the Winter Olympics. I am sure about an umpteen number of fans have cameras there taking pictures of all the athletes.

During the competition, yes, but to film someone on the street like it's everyone right to do so shows zero respect for the person.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I didn't say Ovechkin is more succesful then Crosby. Crosby can outplay him in every head to head game they play for the rest of their careers, it still isn't an indicator of being better than someone else. What if Ovechkin can't control his nerves and shuts down during most important games when over the course of the season, he puts up bigger numbers and outscores him?

HPLovecraft
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
During the competition, yes, but to film someone on the street like it's everyone right to do so shows zero respect for the person.

It's not on the street, it's in Sochi House.

Iggy Snipe
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I would have punched him in the face and beat the out of him.

Locke
02-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Lord Stanley disagrees.

Further, are they making the players that live and work in North America go back to Russia for some form of corporal punishment?

sureLoss
02-25-2010, 01:53 PM

Its in Sochi House a place advertised as follows:

The Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2010 in Vancouver will be a significant milestone for the Sochi 2014 program, since it is in Vancouver that Russia’s Sochi will officially take over and become the focus of the next Winter Olympic Games. Unprecedented in its scale, the Sochi2014.ru World (http://sochi2014.com/sch_russianhouse), Russky Dom project will be the only official location for the Russian delegation in Vancouver.

The doors to Sochi World will be open from February 12-28 for everyone who wants to become a part of the big Russian celebration at the Vancouver 2010 Games. It will bring together well-known athletes, eager fans and officials from around the world.

Every day from 12 pm to 5 pm, activities for Sochi World guests will include: meetings with Russia’s celebrated athletes, as well as autograph signing and photo sessions, entertainment programs, contests, excursions and official project participant and Games Partner events.

Seems to me that filming or taking photos of famous people would be allowed

Henry Fool
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
If it's during an event and not just in a public place, it's different of course.

liamenator
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I didn't say Ovechkin is more succesful then Crosby. Crosby can outplay him in every head to head game they play for the rest of their careers, it still isn't an indicator of being better than someone else. What if Ovechkin can't control his nerves and shuts down during most important games when over the course of the season, he puts up bigger numbers and outscores him?

Do you really fail to see the sheer idiocy of this argument?

FlamesAddiction
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Unclassy move by the "fan" to stick a camera in his face. I find that disrespectful.

I agree. I hate that people think celebrities deserve less dignity than average people. Yeah, by the nature of fame, they give up some privacy, but they still deserve respect.

On Crosby vs. Ovechkin, I don't know if it possible to pick who is "better", but Crosby does seem like he couldn't care less about getting attention.. he only wants to have success. Ovechkin seems to like attention a lot and in the end, that could be a negative on him. Ovechkin definitely entertains me more though.

timbit
02-25-2010, 02:08 PM

LMAO...please read that back to yourself...Netskot.

frostiex
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
after affect of this:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4107/2010russianaward.jpg

Iggyinla
02-25-2010, 02:32 PM

The whole tournament he wasn't.

Blaster86
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
When it is go time, and all the chips are down, I'll take Sidney. Ovechkin can score all the roll-over lacrosse goals during the regular season. He's better at scoring goals, but he is not better at hockey.

jayswin
02-25-2010, 04:04 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. This post seriously needs to be posted in an announcement, so it stays on the front page as the stupidest post ever on Calgarypuck, for all to see in the years to come. Hahahahahahah...........wait.........hahahahahahah ahah!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! :w00t:

pylon
02-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Not to pile on... but that is the very definition of being better. Performing under pressure when it counts.

jayswin
02-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Not to pile on... but that is the very definition of being better. Performing under pressure when it counts.

In this case, piling on is perfectly fine, imo. That was the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. He seriously needs to read it back to himself about 50 times and critically think about what he's saying.

minnow
02-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Ovechkin, what a tool. Wah, wah, leave me alone. That camera wasn't in his face until he walked over to it. peasant.

He does this to a 100lb girl waiting at the exit where fans are allowed to be? No excuses.

jeremywilhelm
02-25-2010, 05:47 PM

Haha, pile on. pileon. pyleon. Pylon.

That was on purpose?

agubuan
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM

I was in Vancouver the last few days and anybody and everybody who was Russian was rocking the Sochi gear.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:11 PM
In this case, piling on is perfectly fine, imo. That was the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. He seriously needs to read it back to himself about 50 times and critically think about what he's saying.

Care to deconstruct my post?

JUst because Crosby outplays Ovechkin in their teams' meetings doesn't make him better.

Hasn't Ovechkin outscored Crosby in every season they've played in the NHL?

Ovechkin > Crosby.

jeremywilhelm
02-25-2010, 09:13 PM

JUst because Crosby outplays Ovechkin in their teams' meetings doesn't make him better.

Ovechkin > Crosby.

Why. You provide nothing to deconstruct. You are only stating your obviously very flawed opinion.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:14 PM

No. Having more skill is the definition of being better.

TheSutterDynasty
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM

Feel free to attempt to quantify skill.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:16 PM
If Ovechkin surpasses Gretzky in points without having won a single Cup, he will still be the greatest player ever.

zamler
02-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Your definition of "better" doesn't align with pretty much everyone on the planet. In fact, ask Ovechkin what he would prefer, to be the best according to your definition, or have a Stanley Cup.
If Ovechkin surpasses Gretzky in points without having one a single Cup, he will still be the greatest player ever.
Ha ha, sure if you say so.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:21 PM
It doesn't matter what he would prefer, hockey isn't tennis or golf where individual skill determines a winner.

The best player can play on a bad team and never win and still be the best.

Peanut
02-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh my god. Let it go, guy.

chalms04
02-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I was in Vancouver the last few days and anybody and everybody who was Russian was rocking the Sochi gear.
Makes sense, we are passing the Olympic flag to them on Sunday.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't have commented anymore had I not seen others disagree with me. Didn't think it would be up for debate imo.

SuperMatt18
02-25-2010, 09:27 PM
If Ovechkin surpasses Gretzky in points without having one a single Cup, he will still be the greatest player ever.

Nope but he would be the greatest scorer ever, to be the greatest player in a sport you need to win a championship. Statistics only tell half of the story when it comes to ranking players.

Ron Francis has more points then Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, and Joe Sakic, do you think that he is a better player than all those guys?

Ask Dan Marino if people see him as the greatest quarterback ever, he is probably the most talented but not the greatest because he never won a championship.

Performing in big games when it counts is what separates the great players from the legendary players.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Ovechkin, what a tool. Wah, wah, leave me alone. That camera wasn't in his face until he walked over to it. peasant.

He does this to a 100lb girl waiting at the exit where fans are allowed to be? No excuses.

you wouldn't feel this way if he was Canadian or you Russian.

how is he a peasant?

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Nope but he would be the greatest scorer ever, to be the greatest player in a sport you need to win a championship. Statistics only tell half of the story when it comes to ranking players.

Ron Francis has more points then Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, and Joe Sakic, do you think that he is a better player than all those guys?

Ask Dan Marino if people see him as the greatest quarterback ever, he is probably the most talented but not the greatest because he never won a championship.

Performing in big games when it counts is what separates the great players from the legendary players.

You're right, statistics do only tell half the story in determining who's better, but in a team sport, I don't think Championships tell the other half, there are too many other factors.

judging players by skill is much easier and more fair, I would think.

jayswin
02-25-2010, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't have commented anymore had I not seen others disagree with me. Didn't think it would be up for debate imo.

Haha, you didn't think saying Ovechkin is better than Crosby would be up for debate? :w00t: I'm pretty sure it's one of THE most debated topics on the internet, lol.

TheSutterDynasty
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM

I know plenty of Canadians who are tools.

You're Canadian, right?

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Haha, you didn't think saying Ovechkin is better than Crosby would be up for debate? :w00t: I'm pretty sure it's one of THE most debated topics on the internet, lol.

yet so many of you disagreed?

What's the common denominator? A website full of Canadians?

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
I know plenty of Canadians who are tools.

You're Canadian, right?

wrong. but good job pointing out the first part.

Diet Water
02-25-2010, 09:44 PM

I learned a while ago that this isn't a good place for a Crosby / Ovechkin debate.

Might as well just concede to the logic that playing on a better team makes you a better player.

RyZ
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I learned a while ago that this isn't a good place for a Crosby / Ovechkin debate.

Might as well just concede to the logic that playing on a better team makes you a better player.
Crosby doesn't have even close to the offensive support that Ovechkin has. The Caps have almost 40 more goals than any other team in the NHL at the Olympic break. Caps have 4 point-per-game players to Pittsburghs 2. Pittsburgh has those same 2 guys with 40+ points right now and Washington has 7!! The better team debate shouldn't be even close, but it is. There's 1 really big reason for that and I bet you can guess what it is.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
fair enough.

Chingas
02-25-2010, 09:51 PM

My my you are quick aren't you?

You are niether funny nor insightful. The Crosby Ovi debate has raged on for years now. Prior to the olymipics I used to think I would rather have AO on my team than Sid, but after watching the shear determination, heart, grit and talent that Sid brings you are correct It is no longer up for debate. Sid > Ovi
This is so true especially when it counts. You can be the highest scoring player in your street hockey tournament but if you can't translate that to the NHL it doesn't mean anything. Like wise you can be the highest scorer in regular season but if you can't translate that to big games ie playoffs it doesn't mean anything.

Diet Water
02-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Crosby doesn't have even close to the offensive support that Ovechkin has. The Caps have almost 40 more goals than any other team in the NHL at the Olympic break. Caps have 4 point-per-game players to Pittsburghs 2. Pittsburgh has those same 2 guys with 40+ points right now and Washington has 7!! The better team debate shouldn't be even close, but it is. There's 1 really big reason for that and I bet you can guess what it is.

I am referring to last year, the Penguins were a better team than Washington. We will see what happens this year.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 09:56 PM

I would argue that the reason Caps score more and have more productive players would be BECAUSE of Ovechkin, no?

Diet Water
02-25-2010, 09:57 PM

You are niether funny nor insightful. The Crosby Ovi debate has raged on for years now. Prior to the olymipics I used to think I would rather have AO on my team than Sid, but after watching the shear determination, heart, grit and talent that Sid brings you are correct It is no longer up for debate. Sid > Ovi
This is so true especially when it counts. You can be the highest scoring player in your street hockey tournament but if you can't translate that to the NHL it doesn't mean anything. Like wise you can be the highest scorer in regular season but if you can't translate that to big games ie playoffs it doesn't mean anything.

Ovechkin's playoff PPG is better than Crosby's.

Netskot
02-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Crosby can have all the shear determination, heart and grit you want, he is still less talented than Ovechkin. In addition, Crosby's support cast, overall, was better than Ovechkin's. I don't think it's fair to judge them based on that.

This reminds me of an argument people put forth of T. Brady being better than P. Manning because he has more rings.

Ark2
02-25-2010, 10:06 PM
People are funny. Ovechkin is seen as a choker, because, among other things, he played poorly in game 7 vs. the Pens in last year's playoffs. That was arguably the only game that he did not dominate in, yet he is not a clutch player. Crosby, on the other hand, completely disappeared during the last two rounds of the playoffs, but he was able to ride his teammates past Carolina and Detroit, so he is the better player. Pure comedy.

pope04
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM

Being able to use your skill under pressure is another.

pope04
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Crosby can have all the shear determination, heart and grit you want, he is still less talented than Ovechkin. In addition, Crosby's support cast, overall, was better than Ovechkin's. I don't think it's fair to judge them based on that.

This reminds me of an argument people put forth of T. Brady being better than P. Manning because he has more rings.

Nice backtrack. Your first quip in this thread is "Ovechkin is a better player than Crosby."

Obviously two different things.

Kesler17
02-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Ovechkin and Semin were at Venue last night, a popular club on Granville.

kremb
02-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Reckless - one thing Crosby certainly isn't.

theg69
02-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Seriously, just GIVE IT UP already. Its like arguing apples and oranges. Some will prefer one, and some will just prefer the other.

Personally, I have always liked Crosby better because of his pure grit, determination, and ability to work within a team. Ovechkin typifies the Russian player, highly skilled, flashy, will to win... but highly individualistic. Until he leads his team to a major championship or title, I would build a team around Crosby over Ovechkin.

@Netskot: really, you should've stopped after you completedly contradicted yourself on that one post (you still haven't really acknowledged how poorly you worded it).
Seriously, let everyone have their own opinion.

The argument re: the calibre of the NHL teams they play for. That is crap. Washington is as good a team as Pittsburgh with as many superstars (Backstrom, Greene, Semin say hi). You guys (Diet Water included) make it sound like the Caps are the Edmonton Oilers without Ovechkin. They are two talented teams with two high profile players that made it to the seventh game of the playoffs and people are merely pointing out that everytime Crosby and Ovechkin seem to meet, Crosby's team will usually win.
Now for the sake of argument, is the Canadian junior team THAT much better than the Russian junior team when Ovechkin and Crosby played for them, and even this olympics, is the Canadian team THAT much better than Russian team (hell, Russia was ranked first coming into the olympics).
The resouding answer is NO, these teams are comparables and guess what, Crosby and Canada won both times.

You are entitled to your own opinion. I don't expect you to change yours, but I would also expect you don't expect to change mine or anybody else that thinks differently.

timbit
02-26-2010, 01:22 AM
I am referring to last year, the Penguins were a better team than Washington. We will see what happens this year.

You mean when Washington was up 3-2 in the series vs. Pittsburgh and Crosby outplayed Ovi in Game 6 and 7 to allow Pitt to move on...

yep...Ovi and Wash folded like a cheap tent and I guess Pitt was the better team and Crosby was the better leader and player.

Again...who is the better player ( champion) ?

Diet Water
02-26-2010, 04:28 AM
You mean when Washington was up 3-2 in the series vs. Pittsburgh and Crosby outplayed Ovi in Game 6 and 7 to allow Pitt to move on...

yep...Ovi and Wash folded like a cheap tent and I guess Pitt was the better team and Crosby was the better leader and player.

Again...who is the better player ( champion) ?

Ovechkin had 4 points in game 6 + 7

Crosby had 5.

Yeah, huge difference. I didn't realize it was that 5th point that was the difference between disappearing in big games, and being clutch. Your logic is awesome.

On a side note, Malkin also had 5 points in those 2 games.

Green, Backstrom, and Semin all combined for 3 points.

But none of that matters, Crosby was the only reason the Penguins won the cup!!!1!

PIMking
02-26-2010, 05:27 AM
so no "in soviet russia" jokes?

CP let me down.

stang
02-26-2010, 05:45 AM

So would Paul Baxter. :blink:

Rhettzky
02-26-2010, 07:30 AM
so no "in soviet russia" jokes?

CP let me down.

In Soviet Russia you let CP down.

frostiex
02-26-2010, 07:39 AM

Ovechkin > Crosby.

If you are counting goals only...then maybe. But Gretzky is still consider one of the best player for being a setup guy. Not only for goals scored. Remember Gretzky's office?:whistle:
Being a public figure, specially hockey players. You are not being judged only by your scoring abilities. But what type of person you are. How you treat your fans. This is why we all love Iggy, not just when he scores.

Crosby is still > Ovechkin

MJM
02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Why do you people even debate with people like Diet Water? He's clearly an Ovechikin fan boy in every sense of the word. There's nothing you can say (or any stat or fact on the planet) that is going to change their mind. My bet is you are arguing with a teenager. He should have made my ignore list last time he talked about Ovechkin, he's made it now.

Cactus Jack
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
In my opinion, Crosby is clearly the superior player. The most talented isn't always the best. You can like whomever you want but this assanine arguements for Ovechkin are ridiculous.

Crosby isn't better because he's Canadian, he's simply better. Jagr, a Czech, was the best player on earth for about a decade, no one argued that. Get over the discrimination card.

People are funny. Ovechkin is seen as a choker, because, among other things, he played poorly in game 7 vs. the Pens in last year's playoffs. That was arguably the only game that he did not dominate in, yet he is not a clutch player. Crosby, on the other hand, completely disappeared during the last two rounds of the playoffs, but he was able to ride his teammates past Carolina and Detroit, so he is the better player. Pure comedy.

Ovechkin is a choker, he's proven it over and over in the 3 biggest games of his life. In the WJ game against Canada, he was dominated and beat up. In game 7 against Pittsburgh, Ovechkin did nothing but put one goal on the board but only after Pittsburgh was up 5-0. By the way, Crosby had 2 goals and an assist in that game, including the game's first goal. And now again against Canada in the Olympics.

Crosby dominated against Washington and won the series against Philly himself. Malkin did outscore him against Carolina and Detroit, but look closely at the matchup. Babcock put Draper, Zetterberg, Cleary and Lidstrom on Crosby at all times, not on Malkin. That shows you who the Wings worried most about. Crosby drew the team's top 4 checkers to allow room for others. That's why he's the best in the game. He can score 100+ points a year and actually play at both ends of the ice. Oh, that and the fact that he has 2 career fights to Ovechkin's 0.

Bertuzzied
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
So would Paul Baxter. :blink:
6 timbits wouldn't even make a doughnut.

Crosby would have gave the fan a gatorade. Crosby just doesn't stop.

Netskot
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh, that and the fact that he has 2 career fights to Ovechkin's 0.

http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm.jpg

Netskot
02-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Crosby isn't better because he's Canadian, he's simply better.

Ovechkin has more individual awards and more points than Crosby.

You = lose.

Winsor_Pilates
02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
What was the over/under on when this thread turns into another stupid Ovechkin/Crosby debate?

Netskot
02-26-2010, 12:12 PM
What was the over/under on when this thread turns into another stupid Ovechkin/Crosby debate?

it was inevitable the minute someone mentioned something along the lines of "OMG! Ovechkin did what?!? Crosby would never do that! I heart Crosby!"

Crosby :kiss:CP

domingo
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I wonder why he pushed the camera? Makes no sense to do so out of the blue since he loves the attention.

I thought he injured his left hand in the game and it seems that he pushed with his left hand.

HPLovecraft
02-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I thought he injured his left hand in the game and it seems that he pushed with his left hand.

His left hand was fine once they had lost. It's his modus operandi.

I'll never get sick of this:

http://z.about.com/d/proicehockey/1/0/1/5/ovechkin_2005_junior_Jeff_Vinnick.jpg

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/content/20100224/116691.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201002/20100225crosby_500.jpg

Netskot
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/content/20100224/116691.jpg

that's a great picture. rivals the likes of ..

http://www.videos-deporte.net/img_videos/MAGIC-JOHNSON-Y-LARRY-BIRD-LAKERS-CELTICS.jpg

Cactus Jack
02-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not trying to turn this into a flame war. People can like who they please but I refuting some ridiculous statements, that's all.

Ovechkin has more individual awards and more points than Crosby.

You = lose.

I don't know why you used the equal sign when clearly math isn't your strong point. Ovechkin has played 27 more career games over the past 5 years but Crosby has more points per game.
http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm.jpg

It's the truth, face it.

amorak
02-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Russians are seedy and untrustworthy, so that alone makes Crosby a better hockey player than AO, even if the Crosby I am talking about is named Bing.

Sarcasm alert Sarcasm alert! I actually like Russians...who lose to Canada!

Diet Water
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Why do you people even debate with people like Diet Water? He's clearly an Ovechikin fan boy in every sense of the word. There's nothing you can say (or any stat or fact on the planet) that is going to change their mind. My bet is you are arguing with a teenager. He should have made my ignore list last time he talked about Ovechkin, he's made it now.

:lol:

Fan boy, teenager.

What a complete moron, coming from the guy who has based all of his opinions of Ovechkin on just one game, it doesn't surprise me though.

Daradon
02-26-2010, 04:48 PM
You don't want to see an athlete do something like this for any reason.

On the other hand, people are expecting way to much access into celebrities lives.

How would you feel if someone was filming you after what was surely one of the most disappointing moments of your life?

As well, as others have mentioned, it's hard to know exactly what was happening from that video clip.

jayswin
02-26-2010, 04:52 PM
You don't want to see an athlete do something like this for any reason.

On the other hand, people are expecting way to much access into celebrities lives.

How would you feel if someone was filming you after what was surely one of the most disappointing moments of your life?

As well, as others have mentioned, it's hard to know exactly what was happening from that video clip.

That's part of being a proffessional athlete, and a celebrity.

Daradon
02-26-2010, 04:52 PM
PS this whole Crosby vs. Ovechkin pissing match is ridiculous and childish, I hope you all can see that.

I choose to enjoy watching both players. I love that Crosby is a Canadian and is on our side, but I love watching Ovie's highlights all season. I love that the two are bringing a energy and rivalry that only helps this sport we all love so much.

Both have their pluses and both have their minuses. According to some, one is a whiner and the other is a egotistical punk. But things like this were said about all great players through history.

Prefer one or the other if you like. That's fine, and wholly understandable. But I hope you realize how dumb you sound when you start bringing it down to this level.

Daradon
02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
That's part of being a proffessional athlete, and a celebrity.

Meh, I don't buy that 100%. I mean I do expect that people will know more about you and there will be times you have to put up with it and even play up to it.

But our whole culture of media has gone way overboard in the last 10 years. And that, coupled with technology, is turning everyone into voyeurs who believe they have access everywhere.

Again, I don't condone what Ovie did, it looked kinda loserish, but it is in many ways understandable.

HPLovecraft
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Meh, I don't buy that 100%. I mean I do expect that people will know more about you and there will be times you have to put up with it and even play up to it.

But our whole culture of media has gone way overboard in the last 10 years. And that, coupled with technology, is turning everyone into voyeurs who believe they have access everywhere.

Again, I don't condone what Ovie did, it looked kinda loserish, but it is in many ways understandable.

I guess it can be attributed to a personality flaw on his part then. He's in Sochi House, where it's advertised as a place for athletes and fans to interact.

Diet Water
02-26-2010, 05:00 PM

I agree with the logic, but at the same time Ovechkin isn't the only person having to deal with these kind of things.

There are people who deal with it more frequently than Ovechkin, and you don't see them pushing people over.

Daradon
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I guess it can be attributed to a personality flaw on his part then. He's in Sochi House, where it's advertised as a place for athletes and fans to interact.

Fair enough, that would be a point to be taken into consideration.

As someone said before, it would be nice to see what Ovechkin saw before a judgment is made. It's kinda hard to figure out exactly what's going on from the one clip.

Again, not giving him a free pass, just don't like having one side of the story.

Ark2
02-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Ovechkin is a choker, he's proven it over and over in the 3 biggest games of his life. In the WJ game against Canada, he was dominated and beat up. In game 7 against Pittsburgh, Ovechkin did nothing but put one goal on the board but only after Pittsburgh was up 5-0. By the way, Crosby had 2 goals and an assist in that game, including the game's first goal. And now again against Canada in the Olympics.

Crosby was invisible during the last two series in last season's playoffs. Why is he getting credit for what his team did? Look at the last two game 7's of the Stanley Cup finals. Where was Crosby? He was invisible. He did nothing. His team won those games for him, and yet he is given all the credit. Ovechkin had one bad game and he is a choker? That's a load of BS.

Crosby dominated against Washington and won the series against Philly himself. Malkin did outscore him against Carolina and Detroit, but look closely at the matchup. Babcock put Draper, Zetterberg, Cleary and Lidstrom on Crosby at all times, not on Malkin. That shows you who the Wings worried most about. Crosby drew the team's top 4 checkers to allow room for others. That's why he's the best in the game. He can score 100+ points a year and actually play at both ends of the ice. Oh, that and the fact that he has 2 career fights to Ovechkin's 0.

How is that any sort of excuse? When you are the best player on your team, you will be checked the hardest. Crosby couldn't overcome that, yet his team won, so all is forgiven and he is the better player? Give me a break. You're reasoning is pretty absurd.