PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Interview on NBC

D to the iddy
02-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Did anyone else catch Stephen Colbert being interviewed by Bob Costas. Nothing short of hysterical personally. He's been given the title of "Assistant Sports Psychologist" by the USA Speed Skating team after fund raising for them. Hopefully there will be Youtube soon for those who didn't catch it.

Hemi-Cuda
02-17-2010, 10:57 PM
was this on the eastern NBC feed or the west one? if the east, what time was it on? i'd like to catch it on the time delayed station if possible

HOOT
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
was this on the eastern NBC feed or the west one? if the east, what time was it on? i'd like to catch it on the time delayed station if possible

It was exactly 36 minutes ago...you have to do the math. ;)

Hack&Lube
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Colbert raised $360,000 or something for the US speed skating team after the bank that was sponsoring them went bust.

hmmhmmcamo
02-18-2010, 02:02 AM
he's taping shows at a park next to science world (currently Sochi/Russia House) yesterday and today (thur) at 10am. It looks like there were several thousand people there to watch yesterday.
http://twitpic.com/13sfen
http://twitpic.com/13wiqq

I'm going to check it out this morning...pretty excited :)

Hemi-Cuda
02-18-2010, 04:17 AM
here's a link to the interview (http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=9d9ff0ef-ee6e-47f4-a6a8-0ce20fb539cb.html#stephen+colbert+with+bob+costas)

normally only Americans can watch stuff from NBC's site, but if you run Hotspot Shield the video comes through fine. Colbert is awesome, the climbing into the fireplace bit at the end was gold. NBC should make him a regular contributor for the games

Save Us Sutter
02-18-2010, 04:17 AM
According to colbertnation.com the filming is actually at 915am.

gargamel
02-18-2010, 06:18 AM
http://www.universalsports.com/mm/Photo/Sports/General/36/86/26/368626_M23.jpg

flip
02-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I watched a Global news segment about Colbert in Vancouver and it was hilarious. And yes the tapings are in the morning, early.

The disappointing part is that neither CTV or the Comedy Network have been showing the new Colbert Olympic shows.

Bunk
02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
My favourite comedian. genius.

Delthefunky
02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone have links that work in Canada?

hmmhmmcamo
02-18-2010, 01:31 PM
just got back from the taping....it was awesome! I'll post some photos later today.

He mentioned the interviews shot yesterday and today will be shown on next week shows

d_phaneuf
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I had a friend who went this morning

he said the best part is that the crowd was chanting STEVEN STEVEN STEVEN

and Colbert said "and now for legal reasons lets hear that in french"

STEPHAN STEPHAN STEPHAN

hmmhmmcamo
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I had a friend who went this morning

he said the best part is that the crowd was chanting STEVEN STEVEN STEVEN

and Colbert said "and now for legal reasons lets hear that in french"

STEPHAN STEPHAN STEPHAN

That was great.

I thought the best part was at the end, everyone started chanting "Ride the moose". Colbert walked over to the moose and as he hesitantly looked to mount it, the chant changed to "Don't get Hurt"

The show ends with fake snow blowing on the stage and him on the moose, waiving the Canadian flag! It was hysterical!

Hemi-Cuda
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I watched a Global news segment about Colbert in Vancouver and it was hilarious. And yes the tapings are in the morning, early.

The disappointing part is that neither CTV or the Comedy Network have been showing the new Colbert Olympic shows.

there have been no Colbert Report shows this week, the stuff taped in Vancouver will air next week

flip
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
there have been no Colbert Report shows this week, the stuff taped in Vancouver will air next week

Somebody else already corrected me on that but thanks anyways. I was going to be pissed but it totally makes sense that Colbert would get to enjoy the Olympics this week and then air the Olympic specials next week.

GGG
02-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Somebody else already corrected me on that but thanks anyways. I was going to be pissed but it totally makes sense that Colbert would get to enjoy the Olympics this week and then air the Olympic specials next week.

It is also just the interview segmants and the intro rather then the whole show that is broadcast out of the olympics.

One of the funniest parts was the interview with Ujja Dosanjh. Also the American Snowboard Cross guys saying that he broke the hearts of an entire nation and then getting booed was hilarious.

flip
02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Just watching the Colbert interview with the MP from South Vancouver on yesterday's Colbert Report and it is absolutely hilarious. THe MP really held his own.

Hopefully they'll be this funny all week.

ricardodw
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Just watching the Colbert interview with the MP from South Vancouver on yesterday's Colbert Report and it is absolutely hilarious. The MP really held his own.

Hopefully they'll be this funny all week.

Same interview different takes. I thought Ujjal Dosanjh got his ass handed to him.

He appeared far more dense than anybody Rick Mercer stung on his "Talking to Americans" and that is going some.

Colbert asked if the Asian in his ridings would be cheering for their home country athletics and Dosanjh said there would be no Indian skaters competing at the Olympics. Colbert pointed out that this was a racist statement similar to Blacks can't swim.

Dosanjh was born and raised in India but was not a member of a caste as he choose not to be BUT he has been in Vancouver Gay parades supporting Gays right to choose their sexual orientation.

Colbert pointed out that he could opt out of his hereditary but Gays could not?

Dosanjh obviously never watched Colbert before and did not figure out how that the only way a politician comes out of a Colbert interview not looking like a pompous a-hole is by not giving serious answers and pushing back with equally glib answers. American politico's do it with him all the time and get credit for having a sense of humor.

Dosanjh got elected last time with a paper thin margin and had better hope the the Fighting Southies in his riding (comparison of south Vancouver to South Boston) did not see this interview as he could soon be the ex-MP from South Vancouver.

flip
02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Same interview different takes. I thought Ujjal Dosanjh got his ass handed to him.

He appeared far more dense than anybody Rick Mercer stung on his "Talking to Americans" and that is going some.

Colbert asked if the Asian in his ridings would be cheering for their home country athletics and Dosanjh said there would be no Indian skaters competing at the Olympics. Colbert pointed out that this was a racist statement similar to Blacks can't swim.

Dosanjh was born and raised in India but was not a member of a caste as he choose not to be BUT he has been in Vancouver Gay parades supporting Gays right to choose their sexual orientation.

Dosanjh obviously never watched Colbert before and did not figure out how that the only way a politician comes out of a Colbert interview not looking like a pompous a-hole is by not giving serious answers and pushing back with equally glib answers. American politico's do it with him all the time and get credit for having a sense of humor.

Dosanjh got elected last time with a paper thin margin and had better hope the the Fighting Southies in his riding (comparison of south Vancouver to South Boston) did not see this interview as he could soon be the ex-MP from South Vancouver.

Wow. Not sure if you have ever seen how dumb some people look in their interviews but Dosanjh was not one of them.

He CLEARLY knew what type of personality Colbert was and while he stayed kind of serious he played along with the jokes.

And you TOTALLY took the Asian comment out of context. First, Indians are Asian. Second, Dosanjh VERY clearly started saying that 40% were Chinese and 15% were Indian. Then he said that there aren't any Indian ice skaters coming.

I don't know if you are a registered voter but it scares me that someone like you can vote because if you base your voting strategy on a COMEDY interview then so help us god no wonder the political systems in NA are in shambles.

Seriously, the more I read your post the more I wonder if you are part of that percentage of the population that get their news from the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. The only person coming off dense is you for not understanding that interview.

And seriously did you just say that you think Dosanjh is an idiot because he doesn't believe in a caste system but does believe homosexuality is genetic. Let me break this down for you. Caste system: a social class system based on your wealth and prestige at birth. NOT GENETIC. Homosexuality: a sexual preference that while not always evident from birth is GENETIC.

jayswin
02-23-2010, 08:29 PM

Haha, wow dude. Talk about overreacting to a comedy show interview. He knew what was going on and played along with Colbert. What he said was that "I don't think there are any figure skaters coming out of India". He's right, it was just part of Colbert's shtick. I certainly hope you don't use things like this to cast your vote on issues. Geez.

ricardodw
02-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't know if you are a registered voter .

ooops you just flunked civics

American concept, not a Canadian.

You would do better to get your info from Rick Mercer rather than Stewart and Colbert

flip
02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
ooops you just flunked civics

American concept, not a Canadian.

You would do better to get your info from Rick Mercer rather than Stewart and Colbert

Hate to break it to you buddy but you do have to be registered to vote in Canada. Not the same as the US but you do.

Next time try and show up in a riding that isn't yours and vote with no ID. It is a HUGE pain in the ass unless you are properly registered. Most people with jobs or a car are already registered but if you move you often have to re-register in your new region (sort of).

Maybe you should go back to grade 10 social instead of watching Rick Mercer.

Here is the FAQ from Elections Canada link:

http://www.elections.ca/content.asp?section=faq&document=faqvoting&textonly=false#voting4

and the exact passage:
The vast majority of electors are registered in the National Register of Electors, which is used to produce the preliminary voters lists for federal elections, by-elections and referendums. If you voted in the last general election, you may be registered to vote at the address where you lived at that time. Elections Canada updates the Register from a number of sources, so if you have moved since then, your address change may also have been registered.

Good try though.:rolleyes: Oops, you just flunked being a smart ass.

And unfortunately for you eating a ballot is apparently illegal. Probably because geniuses like you were actually doing it. So much so that Elections Canada actually included it in the FAQ.

Blaster86
02-24-2010, 01:21 AM
POINT; Flip

Score: 2 - 0 Flip.

flames_1987
02-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Watching the last few Colbert episodes I got reminded of what a ###### and boring interview Bob Costas is

Northendzone
02-24-2010, 12:53 PM
if I read that costas punches or kicks Colbert then I want to see the clip - otherwise Cobert is an annoying twit.

HOOT
02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
If by annoying twit you mean awesome and hilarious I agree!

Hemi-Cuda
02-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Colbert rules, one of the best comedians of our generation i think. he's only had a show for a few years now yet has already accomplished so much, and along with Stewart has helped an entire generation of young americans get into politics. those that hate him i think just take his act too seriously and can't look past his character. but for someone who grew up watching movies like Top Secret and Airplane!, his brand of satire is awesome