PDA

View Full Version : Domenichelli to Play for Swiss

FanIn80
02-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Just something I noticed. Some may already be aware of it, but I thought it was pretty interesting. I had no idea he was even still playing hockey.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=41177.html#five+canadians+play+different+co untries

Will be fun to watch him play.

Displaced Flames fan
02-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Some may be aware, but I'm willing to bet most don't even know who he is. The days of Hnat are the stuff of legends!

d_phaneuf
02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
hasn't he been a fixture on the Canadian Spengler cup team the last few years?

-TC-
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
meh, I knew him when he was playing junior, he was a ######

Ozy_Flame
02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I hope Iggy runs over him like a fast-moving freight train if they meet. That would be awesome.

Red Ice Player
02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
meh, I knew him when he was playing junior, he was a ######

Thanks for that 100% uncalled for statement. Sounds like a feel good story about an ex pat getting to live an Olympic dream on a team that has zero chance of winning a medal. I would do it in a second.Sounds like jealousy to me.

valo403
02-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that 100% uncalled for statement. Sounds like a feel good story about an ex pat getting to live an Olympic dream on a team that has zero chance of winning a medal. I would do it in a second.Sounds like jealousy to me.

Sounded more like a statement of personal experience actually.

02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
That's pretty cool...

The greatest setup man Iginla was suppose to have.....

John Tripp was also Flames property at one time...

ANd Jason Holland was a pretty good NHL prospect who played for the Blazers too with Iginla and Domenichelli...

Canada 02
02-15-2010, 01:55 PM
can be easy for fans to have inflated expectations of a junior prospect who happens to play with a future superstar.

I recall being excited about a "7th round steal" in 1991 from the Oshawa Generals. Turns out Eric Lindros carried him, and he wasn't much of a prospect

gildo
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
My old teammate (in minor hockey) from Cranbrook Bob Maudie used to be on a line with Iggy & Hnat and they tore it up for awhile in Kamloops. I still remember when the Flames acquired him people were thinking they would hit it off in the bigs again but unfortunately that didn't happen. I still put Iggy & Hnat on the same line though in my NHL 98 from the original playstation! I can't find another person to gel with them yet, Sandy McCarthy has been the best so far with Todd Hlushko a close second!

Flamesguy_SJ
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
^^^That "thanks" is solely for mentioning the greatness that is Todd Hlushko.

Yeah_Baby
02-15-2010, 09:51 PM
can be easy for fans to have inflated expectations of a junior prospect who happens to play with a future superstar.

I recall being excited about a "7th round steal" in 1991 from the Oshawa Generals. Turns out Eric Lindros carried him, and he wasn't much of a prospect

Marc Pouliot nods in agreement.