PDA

View Full Version : Californication (The Series)

FanIn80
12-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Just finished watching tonight's Season 3 finale... Wow.

It's going to be a looooong time until Season 4 starts in September. If anyone hasn't been watching this show, I highly recommend it. Make sure you start at Season 1 though (there's only 12 episodes per season, it's easy to get caught up).

(PS: The series consistently has the best soundtracks on TV. Closing out to Elton John's Rocket Man tonight was absolutely awesome.)

rzrKlEtxTx4

Coach
12-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Ive been watching it. Kinda lost track in the middle of season three and have been meaning to finish. Very good show, although not for the faint of heart

wpgflamesfan
12-14-2009, 01:55 AM
What a great season finale! This episode strayed a little from the usual feel of the show but was probably the best one yet.

JohnnyB
12-14-2009, 02:28 AM
I have only watched to the end of season two, as that's all I could get on dvd here in China, but I'm eagerly anticipating the third season. I expect it will be available next time I'm back in Shanghai a few weeks from now.

David Duchovny is really awesome. The guy plays the part so well.
Character really reminds me of one of my buddies from Vancouver too.

FanIn80
12-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Here's the ending, for people who want to see it again...

WARNING: This is the spoiler scene to the Season 3 Finale. If you watch this video and it ruins anything for you, it's your own fault! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSEn1gAee7Y)

(PS: Please don't embed this video in a post. The thumbnail it shows is a huge giveaway.)

Prototype
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I thought last weeks episode would have made a great season finale, and thought it was for some reason. Looking forward to watching tonight, being Canadian and all, and not downloading it...

One of my favourite shows of all time, easily.

FanIn80
12-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Whoops. I didn't realize it aired on Mondays in Canada... :bag:

Wookie
12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow, great episode. Certainly reminded me of the reason I watched the first two seasons. Not like the majority of season 3 which seemed more like a stupid porky's movie. Amazing how they can go from crap to so good in one episode.

Titan
12-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Funny. I just now finished the first episode of the series. Good to hear it gets better. A little off put by all the flesh but I think I will suffer through that. I like Duchovny, sex addict and all! This role probably did not help that at all.

Coach
12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Just finished the last episode. Great finish. Looking forward to the next season for sure

StoneCole
12-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Susan Sarandon's daughter has one hell of a nice rack.

Prototype
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow... I don't think I've ever been so mad at a character before. Not that you didn't see it coming after the build up, but what a great end to the season. Should have had a little more build up within the season, not just a "oh hey look who it is" moment.

Oh, and the Runkles? Didn't see that happening at all.

Interested to see how it all pans out.

Prototype
12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Just reading the comments on the Youtube link FI80, one of the idea's makes a lot of sense. We don't know what he said. What if he told Karen he didn't love her anymore, he found someone else... or something along those lines. We don't know the he told her anything about the jailbait... Man, I can't wait until the next season, which is in September? Really? Crap.

KTrain
07-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Not sure if anyone still watches this but the finale was on over the weekend.

It was guilty pleasure show as it really lost its step over the last couple seasons. They added a few new characters this season that kept things interesting.

nik-
07-02-2014, 09:42 PM
If they would have ended this show after the first season it would have gone down as one of the best shows of all time. They didn't, and it dragged out like the corpse at Weekend At Bernie's.

oilyfan
07-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah wife and I have been watching the show. While it did lose some of its charm over the last couple of seasons but still missed it now that it's over. David Duchovny did a good job of making an unlikeable character likeable.

Read Only
07-02-2014, 09:47 PM
I thought this last season was pretty terrible overall. The main characters (Hank, Charlie, Marcy) were still great but the story lines dragged and the Levan character and storyline were awful.

I enjoyed the show overall and have come to expect let downs with series finales so this show was too big of a let down. I will say that I didn't realize that was the series finale until reading that online after watching it. It seemed like a regular episode and didn't seemd to wrap anything up or finalize anything.

mac_82
07-02-2014, 10:57 PM
The past season was a sad shell of what the show used to be. Couldn't wait for it to be over just so I can move on and add another new show into the rotation.

foofighter15
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Season 1 3 & 4 is some of the best television ever. Outside that...glad its done, but I'll miss it for sure.

To Be Quite Honest
07-03-2014, 03:40 AM
Everyone kind of left the show before they started shooting the last season.

-TC-
07-22-2014, 07:31 AM
I thought the finale was the worst way they could have finished.

For a show that was as good as it was for as long as it was, the ending was a big disappointment.

GP_Matt
07-22-2014, 07:49 AM
By the end I had lost interest. It started out great but I was not very invested in the last season. I watched it through to see how they would wrap it up and thought it was decent enough.