PDA

View Full Version : Winslow makes history

sbailey924
08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1856711

He actually said "I don't give a hell!" in an interview after they got beat last year by UT...what a tool. Who even says that anymore? I did in 1997, but I think that's the last time.

I would never draft a guy like this.

CaramonLS
08-11-2004, 10:59 PM
How is this guy the highest paid tight end in history? He hasn't even played a single game yet... so sad that the NFL doesn't have a rookie cap for shmucks like this.

Pagal4321
08-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Man and in another thread you guys are raggin on TO. Owens is gonna be a freaking angel compared to this guy. All I can say is he better be the best player I have EVER SEEN. And so far, I've seen nothing special. I just wish he went to the Lions or something like that. At least keep the cancer in the NFC North.

StrayBullet
08-12-2004, 02:45 AM
.... and he speaks in the 3rd person.

Pagal4321
08-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Pagal4321 thinks this is an outrage. How can Clevland pay him that kind of money without even seeing him play. Pagal4321 doesn't even like the Browns so what does it matter.....wait...Pagal4321 has no Browns on his fantasy teams either. Good work Pagal4321!!

troutman
08-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by CaramonLS@Aug 12 2004, 04:59 AM
How is this guy the highest paid tight end in history? He hasn't even played a single game yet... so sad that the NFL doesn't have a rookie cap for shmucks like this.
Hi father was probably the best tight-end ever. Hopefully (I am a Browns fan) he has the good genes.

Bill Bumface
08-12-2004, 10:52 AM
The question is, who will I hate more? This guy, or Shockey?

My all time favorite is the highlights last year of Shockey putting his finger to his lips in a shhhhhh motion after he scored a touchdown, and then him hanging his head in defeat. Great stuff.

Sylvanfan
08-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Paying this punk that kind of money spells bad news for the Chiefs. If this guy is worth this kind of money what is Tony Gonzalez worth?

Kobasew7
08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Winslow is an incrediable player...he is better than Gonzalez. The guy is big, has great hands and can palm a football being thrown to him. Most teams had him #1 overall on thier draft board. I'm not a Brown fan, infact the complete opposite, a Ravens fan, but Winslow is a great player. He does care about losing..I remember him going off after a lose last year..yelling about how when you step onto your stepping onto a battleground and need to be prepared to die and go to war. It was a bit over the top..but it was finally good to see a guy care about losing as much as the fans do.

CaramonLS
08-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Kobasew7@Aug 12 2004, 07:34 PM
Winslow is an incrediable player...he is better than Gonzalez. The guy is big, has great hands and can palm a football being thrown to him. Most teams had him #1 overall on thier draft board. I'm not a Brown fan, infact the complete opposite, a Ravens fan, but Winslow is a great player. He does care about losing..I remember him going off after a lose last year..yelling about how when you step onto your stepping onto a battleground and need to be prepared to die and go to war. It was a bit over the top..but it was finally good to see a guy care about losing as much as the fans do.
I'll beleive it when I see it.

Honestly though you shouldn't get top dollar without playing a single game... its sick.

CaramonLS
08-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Btw if you need a reason not to give rookies top dollar in the NFL, I have one name for you: Ryan Leaf.

Crazy Flamer
08-12-2004, 11:50 PM
"The Chosen One" ??? Gimme a break!

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
08-15-2004, 02:25 PM
For an amusing look at the Winslow contract holdout, and the role his agents played check here:

Going Poston (http://www.footballguys.com/04bang_negotiation.htm)