PDA

View Full Version : WestJet Midnight Markdown.

Dion
06-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Got an email from WestJet with the upcoming offer. Looks like there wil be some awesome deals starting midnight June 2nd :cool:

Now here’s a reason to stay up late – or get up early – the westjet midnight markdown.

Between midnight and 6 a.m. (mt) on june 2, 3, 4 and 5, 2009, make sure to check westjet.com because select routes will be marked down to blowout prices. We’re talking under $100 one-way folks, for travel until june 30, 2009, so if you were thinking of travelling this month this is the deal for you!

Visit westjet.com (http://www.westjet.com/index_redirect.html?uripath=/guest/spare1.jsp?language=en) for more details.

http://c5dsp.westjet.com/guest/spare1.jsp?language=en

JerzeeGirl
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
And of course I just booked my brother a 1way ticket from Montreal last night....and the free 24hr change w/o penalty period ends 2hrs before this sale.....ARGH!....I have no sense of timing! :whaa:

gargamel
06-01-2009, 10:52 PM
If anyone is interested, I have some Westjet credit that I need to use by January, and I'm not sure that I'll get a chance, so I'll sell it to you for 15% off. Just send me a PM if you want details.

iggypop
06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
How often do these sales happen?

I need to fly out to Ottawa for a wedding in mid August, but I know I won't be able to afford it if I can't find a good price/sale.

So should I book early to get a better price, or hold out and hope for a sale?

Sidney Crosby's Hat
06-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Got an email from WestJet with the upcoming offer. Looks like there wil be some awesome deals starting midnight June 2nd :cool:

http://c5dsp.westjet.com/guest/spare1.jsp?language=en

Does that mean starting now or starting 24 hours from now? I don't have anything at the link you mentioned except "Coming Soon".

STeeLy
06-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Does that mean starting now or starting 24 hours from now? I don't have anything at the link you mentioned except "Coming Soon".

Yeah.. mine too actually...

chid
06-02-2009, 08:44 AM
And of course I just booked my brother a 1way ticket from Montreal last night....and the free 24hr change w/o penalty period ends 2hrs before this sale.....ARGH!....I have no sense of timing! :whaa:

Hey JerzeeGirl, if the sale applies to your flights 24 hours within it - let me know, on your itinerary what time does the flight say it was booked? Drop me a PM once the sale is on and Ill see what I can do

calculoso
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM

It's only for those that are awake between midnight and 6 am:

(from the original post):
Between midnight and 6 a.m. (mt) on june 2, 3, 4 and 5, 2009, make sure to check westjet.com because select routes will be marked down to blowout prices.

loob job
06-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Don't bother wasting your time staying up or getting up early for this. Their prices are almost double on the flights I was looking at.................what a joke.

krazycanuck
06-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Don't bother wasting your time staying up or getting up early for this. Their prices are almost double on the flights I was looking at.................what a joke.

There were plenty of flights to be had for $59 one-way just after midnight. Including, Vancouver, Kamloops, Vegas and San Diego from Calgary...the only catches were it was Tuesday-Thursday travel only and it has to be for travel by the end of the month. The flights I was looking at were going very quickly. It would have been very much worth it, if I could have gotten the time off on such short notice.

loob job
06-03-2009, 06:24 AM
There were plenty of flights to be had for $59 one-way just after midnight. Including, Vancouver, Kamloops, Vegas and San Diego from Calgary...the only catches were it was Tuesday-Thursday travel only and it has to be for travel by the end of the month. The flights I was looking at were going very quickly. It would have been very much worth it, if I could have gotten the time off on such short notice.

I checked from todays date all the way through the end of the month and the flights from my area were double the price. "Select Flights" is right.

BuzzardsWife
06-03-2009, 06:49 AM
If anyone is interested, I have some Westjet credit that I need to use by January, and I'm not sure that I'll get a chance, so I'll sell it to you for 15% off. Just send me a PM if you want details.
How much credit do you have?

krazycanuck
06-03-2009, 08:13 AM
I checked from todays date all the way through the end of the month and the flights from my area were double the price. "Select Flights" is right.

when did you check? By 12:15 the seats I was looking at were all gone. It was only to certain destinations as well...

STeeLy
06-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Do we use the link you provided? Or do we just check for the price as you would reguarly? Because when i logged on at like 12:02, when I clicked on the link in the first post, it said Sale Ended.

flames_fan13
06-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Anyone getting any deals with this? I tried to check the prices from Vancouver to Calgary and the lowest I'm seeing is $129 which I think is still pretty high. Especially considering the quote in the OP says prices under $100. I tried for dates on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday with Tuesday having the $129 priced ticket.

krazycanuck
06-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Anyone getting any deals with this? I tried to check the prices from Vancouver to Calgary and the lowest I'm seeing is $129 which I think is still pretty high. Especially considering the quote in the OP says prices under $100. I tried for dates on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday with Tuesday having the $129 priced ticket.

it is only certain routes. If you go to the link quoted above it has an updated list everyday of the routes that are on sale. Yesterday for Calgary they included: Vancouver, Kamloops, Las Vegas, San Diego. Today it's Comox or LA. Vancouver today has deals to Edmonton and Fort Mcmurray.

Sidney Crosby's Hat
06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Air Canada has lowered its rates to match WestJet's during this sale. Except it's all day and not just 12 to 6.

Devils'Advocate
06-04-2009, 05:33 PM
OH BOY!!! I CAN GET A CHEAP TICKET TO WINNIPEG!! *dance of joy*

Winnipeg is the only discounted route for Ottawa.