PDA

View Full Version : What do Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger think?

Slava
04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I thought that I would post this here for CP folks to attend if interested, as a lot of us seem very interested in investing:

Next week I will make my pilgrimage to Omaha to attend the Berkshire Hathaway AGM. For those unfamiliar at this meeting Warren and Charlie answer any and all questions from the floor (although the format is a little different this year).

I will put together materials from my attendance here and present them at least once, possibly twice (based on interest) in mid-May. I will cover the results of the meeting including their views on the market as a whole and everything that I can glean from the weekend in general.

If you are interested in attending (though I am not providing a date/time or location as of yet) please PM me. I will update this thread with the particulars as they become available.

Cowboy89
04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
I would be interested in attending depending on the time and location.

J pold
04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
I would also be interested in attending depending some details.

Wookie
04-23-2009, 11:44 PM
ditto

Dan02
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
x4

DementedReality
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
my reading compehension needs some work ... i thought you were asking who wanted to attend next weeks AGM with you!'

Slava
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I have finally gotten a venue set up for this presentation! The Berkshire Hathaway AGM was excellent and there were some great insights and points made by both Warren and Charlie. I took a lot of photos and notes and believe that my presentation will be chock full of mid-western knowledge!!

So here is the date and location. For all of those who responded, thank you! I hope that you can make it. If this night doesn't work and I have enough interest I will set this for a second night, likely in early June.

Crescent Heights Community Center
1101 2 Street NW

7:00pm
Tuesday May 26th

I'm not charging anything and will provide some beverages and likely some snacks. I do ask that you RSVP so that I can get a good idea of the numbers in advance.

SeeGeeWhy
05-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I'll be in class that night, maybe we can get together for a beer and you can regale me with tales of wisdom.

Slava
05-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll be in class that night, maybe we can get together for a beer and you can regale me with tales of wisdom.

Absolutely. Let me know what works for you and we can do that.

Cowboy89
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm in. RSVP me!

Table 5
05-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Too bad there's no online version!

Slava
05-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Too bad there's no online version!

The thought crossed my mind. One of things I did in particular though is kind of frowned upon by Berkshire Hathaway...so to not ruin this for next year I would rather some of my content doesn't end up on the internet.

Table 5
05-15-2009, 08:31 PM
That's understandable, Slava.

Would love to find out though if they had anything to say about BYD (1211), the battery car makes in China that Buffett invested in last year. I've sort of been eyeing that for a few months.

Slava
05-15-2009, 08:57 PM
That's understandable, Slava.

Would love to find out though if they had anything to say about BYD (1211), the battery car makes in China that Buffett invested in last year. I've sort of been eyeing that for a few months.

Actually they were asked directly about it and had some great insights. The specific question was about why they tend to shy away from technology in general and then buy up as much BYD as they could. Of course they are not anit-technology and went into greater detail on the deal and prospects. Charlie in particular was huge on that deal and went into some detail to explain why they did it. In Fortune a couple of issues ago they had an article about it as well. If you can't find that online I could scan it and email you if you're interested (Pretty sure it hasn't hit the recycling bin yet).

I will pet together their exact comments on BYD for you and PM you. I actually found that topic extremely interesting myself and was glad that they were asked.

Table 5
05-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks Slava, would love to hear what they, and you, have to say about it. It's been one I've been watching for a while, and wanted to invest in a few months ago when it was still in the teens. Now it's in the mid 20's and I'm wondering if I missed the boat.....

Phanuthier
05-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Damn, I was really hoping to see you there, but I am tied up with school. Maybe next year.

Slava
05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Bump....let me know if you can attend!

Slava
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Final bump/reminder: Its tomorrow night. Hope to see you there!