610 LEAFS 2 PENGUINS 3

Sylvanfan
01-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers@Jan 14 2005, 10:19 PM

608 BRUINS 1 RANGERS 3

Yeah, Vokun is going to go Kevin Wanks and make me look like a dummy. :angry:

looooob
01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
wow. nice win for the Niedermayer/Giguereless Sabres.

hmm. except for the part about Prospal getting hurt. should have traded him to Edmonton :D

KevanGuy
01-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Man, this is really getting old. 30 shots and only one past Vokun. PK looks like it needs to be re-arranged. Bruins GM is getting past the point of frustration.

flambers
01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Jan 14 2005, 03:31 PM
Man, this is really getting old. 30 shots and only one past Vokun. PK looks like it needs to be re-arranged. Bruins GM is getting past the point of frustration.
Now who was trash talking.....13 - 2 I think you predicted.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sample00
01-14-2005, 03:51 PM
BRUINS SUCK! ;)

flambers
01-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Rangers 3 - Bruins 1

Well today the boys from Edmonton put on a show. Vokoun stopped 29 shots and Jason Spezza scores all three goals. The shots in the game was 32 - 30 for the Rangers. The difference in the game was speciality teams. Rangers scored 2 PowerPlay goals and the Bruins went 0 -5.

Game Stars

1 - Jason Spezza (RAN)
2 - Tomas Vokoun (RAN)
3 - Ilya Kovalchuk (BRU)

Game Highlights

Goals - Jason Spezza - 3
Assists - Ray Whitney - 2
Points - Jason Spezza - 3
Shots - Jason Spezza - 4

Next game vs Panthers

Young Guns
01-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow, looks like the Boston Capitals continue to underachieve. :P

Wings game story later!!!

Superfraggle
01-14-2005, 04:00 PM
After defeating and tying two conference rivals (Bruins and Flyers, respectively) in their first two games under rookie GM Superfraggle, The Toronto Maple Leafs blew an easy one against bottom ranked Pittsburgh Penguins. After dominating the first period, the Leafs gave up the lead and the game in the third period, managing to tie the game again at 2-2, but giving up the winning goal less than a minute later. Newcomers Mike Fisher and Sean Burke both put in a somewhat lack-lustre performance, possibly due to jet lag from the long flight from Florida, exciting much criticism in the T-dot even though it has only been one game. In their defense, Petr Nedved and Brian Boucher did little better in their opener for the Panthers today. The one bright spot in this game was Daniel Sedin, who picked up the first star in the loss.

GM Superfraggle had these comments afterwards, "Well it's a tough loss, for sure, but I think we still outplayed them. I am a little concerned about the third period fallout, to be sure, though. If some of our older guys can't hack a full 60 minutes, we may have to think about finding some alternatives. Hats off to Goffie, though (the Penguins GM). He's been doing a bangup job there the last week."

This is high praise, indeed, coming from such a competitive spirit and elliciting speculation that it may merely be an attempt to ease future trade negotiations. Negotiations for what, few can say, as the players of greatest value on the Penguins are older than dirt.

In other Leaf news, the St. John Leafs of the AHL pulled off a spectacular trouncing of the Pens' AHL affiliate, 13-4. Magnus Kahnberg even managed to pull off both assists on one of his goals in a display possibly unmatched in hockey history!!!

icarus
01-14-2005, 06:15 PM
PANTHERS 1 KINGS 3

The Kings have rattled off back to back wins after a short losing skid. Mika Noronen filled in admirably for an ailing Dan Cloutier and earned the first star nomination. Great work by the special teams in this one. And congrats to bruiser Patrice Bergeron:

Game Notes

Patrice Bergeron beats up Dan Hamhuis
Dan Hamhuis injured at 15:52 of the 2nd Period
Patrice Bergeron ejected at 15:52 of the 2nd Period

Goffie
01-14-2005, 06:26 PM
New GM Goffie made some very needed changes to the Struggling Pens lineup. The changes paid off greatly as the pens outlasted a tough Toronto team and went on for the 3-2 victory. When asked about the victory Goffie had this to say:

"Well i finally got to put my personal touch on this team. I changed the lines around as to make our team tougher defensively, and I gave Hedberg the start. Hedberg in my opinion was the main reason for this victory, he had 27 saves and was key when we needed him. Hopefully this will push Denis to be a better goalie and get a little healthy competition going between them. "

Pittsburgh is still under construction and GM Goffie says that the team on the ice at the end of the season will be a very strong cohesive group that will compete night in and night out.

Young Guns
01-14-2005, 10:08 PM
MAXIM KUZNETSOV HELPS WINGS TO VICTORY

With just four points in 31 games this season Maxim Kuznetsov doubled his production in his first two games as a Wing. The 6'5" 235lb defenceman is playing on the teams third line and finding his groove with linemate Mike Commodore. Maxim who was acquired earlier this week for Jason Krog brings to the table his size and strength.

Daymond Lankow continues to be the teams leader as he chipped in with a goal and a assist.

Roman Chechmanek starting his first game in a long time stood on his head and turned away 27 shots.

Wings have been badly outplayed the last couple games but have still found a way to win.

Despite winning four of there last five games Detroit barley clings to a playoff spot.