PDA

View Full Version : A message to the Newbies

Cheese
01-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Dont forget folks...we have Player Agents in the CPHL.
Each player is assigned an agent. You find him by clicking on the player.
IF you have a player with one year left...he will be an RFA or UFA after this season. You must therefore negotiate a new deal with the player agent assigned.
There is a link to the Agents 4 down on the left...

Have fun and love an agent today!

Hanna Sniper
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
I suspect the Hurricanes will be dealing with their RFA contracts after the conclusion of their current contracts expire. Until we are able to add a newly signed contract to the end of the current deal then we would in fact be loosing a year out of every players deal and in the process escalation players salaries if we re-negotiate before the current deal expires.

I’m taking RFA only, UFA will be lost to the UFA pool and therefore it makes sense to sign that player when you still own that player's rights.

I am correct in my thinking as we DO NOT risk loosing our RFA player to UFA but only risk have such player hold out?

Cheese
01-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Hanna Sniper@Jan 13 2005, 10:07 PM
I suspect the Hurricanes will be dealing with their RFA contracts after the conclusion of their current contracts expire. Until we are able to add a newly signed contract to the end of the current deal then we would in fact be loosing a year out of every players deal and in the process escalation players salaries if we re-negotiate before the current deal expires.

I’m taking RFA only, UFA will be lost to the UFA pool and therefore it makes sense to sign that player when you still own that player's rights.

I am correct in my thinking as we DO NOT risk loosing our RFA player to UFA but only risk have such player hold out?
well sorta true...any team can attempt to sign an RFA away by meeting the requirements set out in the rules. Pretty tough though.
The front end of that rule hasnt been changed due to my slack ass nature, and the fact we now have Agents....

But this part still holds true...

If a GM does NOT offer an RFA a contract and an opposing GM decides to offer there will be a very high price to pay should you choose this route. For every 1 million dollars of the signed offer (rounded up), should the team who owns the RFA choose not to match or accept, the offering team will be docked a 1st round pick starting in the next draft. This will be a maximum of 5 - 1st's and after that it reverts to 2nd round picks. Example....should a player receive an 7.5 million dollar offer and it is not matched, the club losing the player receives the offering teams next 5 first round choices as well as its next 3 second round choices. Also, any team that makes an offer sheet has to have it's OWN draft picks in the subsequent first round's, for the amount of years necessary for the compensation scale.

Of course we will have holdouts this coming year...something else that will certainly be fun to deal with!!!

JiriHrdina
01-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Is it wrong that part of me wants to make a player sit and not play because in a peverse way it would feel like getting back at the NHLPA?

Cheese
01-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Jan 14 2005, 11:49 AM
Is it wrong that part of me wants to make a player sit and not play because in a peverse way it would feel like getting back at the NHLPA?
The League wears blinders when it comes to dealings between GMs and its players. Of course it might help to trade that player IF some kind of deal is reached..or subsequently you might want to give another GM the rights to try and negotiate a deal in advance of a deal.
So many things to think about...so much fun!

Cheese
01-14-2005, 09:57 AM
doh...I missed the NHLPA reference....bad idea Grant...LOL

HelloHockeyFans
01-14-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm confused.

So if a player is listed as having "1 year left", their contract will expire in... May? June?

And depending on their age, they'll either become a UFA or RFA, yes?

Also, who determines whether or not the player holds out? The agent I presume? And how does the agent make this decision?

Cheese
01-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by HelloHockeyFans@Jan 14 2005, 12:23 PM
I'm confused.

So if a player is listed as having "1 year left", their contract will expire in... May? June?

And depending on their age, they'll either become a UFA or RFA, yes?

Also, who determines whether or not the player holds out? The agent I presume? And how does the agent make this decision?
Dont be confused...nE Go She ate

As of July 1st EVERY year EVERY player becomes a year older....EVERY contract loses a year off its current standing....and next years salary cap takes place.

Thusly...IF your player shows 1 year right now and will be less than 29 years old he becomes an RFA....if he becomes 29 or older he will be a UFA. Nothing magic.

I guess the easy answer to who determines a player will hold out is between an agent and the GM.

I always thought it would be great to have embittered battles between Agents and Teams hosted on the message board...

soon to come to a message board near us...

HelloHockeyFans
01-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks Cheese!! :D

Oh and another thing... On July 1st, each team goes back to 58 MIL cap?? :huh:

Cheese
01-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by HelloHockeyFans@Jan 14 2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks Cheese!! :D

Oh and another thing... On July 1st, each team goes back to 58 MIL cap?? :huh:
wasnt this a question on the test? LOL
Can anyone answer what next years cap will be...with Television money and excluding Sponsorships?

Mccree
01-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers+Jan 14 2005, 11:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GerryCheevers @ Jan 14 2005, 11:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HelloHockeyFans@Jan 14 2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks Cheese!!# :D

Oh and another thing... On July 1st, each team goes back to 58 MIL cap??# :huh:
wasnt this a question on the test? LOL
Can anyone answer what next years cap will be...with Television money and excluding Sponsorships? [/b][/quote]
60 or 63 million Not quite sure

actually I not sure I just know it goes down

notoepik
01-14-2005, 11:19 AM
From the Rules, which it so happens I thought I should read today :P

Modification as of Feb 14th, 2004. The CPHL Television contract will be reduced by $2,000,000 per year for each of the next 2 years starting at the end of the 2003/04 CPHL Season. The reductions in revenue will only be applied to the CPHL Cap. The Cheese rule takes place. No team is allowed to deal or trade more than 12 million dollars in any one year.

So next year would be 61 million with 3 mill on the farm

Cheese
01-14-2005, 11:20 AM
sheesh... :unsure: ...its 63 this year with TV moola...but those damned execs think Hockey is losing its lustre...therefore they are dropping another 2 million off the last year of their deal...next year....this makes it a total of $61,000,000 Cap moola for next year....excluding Sponsorships or deals.