PDA

View Full Version : Rangers make another move

flambers
01-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Well the Rangers made another move......

To Oilers

Marty Brodeur
Alexander Steen
3rd - 2005
Bag of Money

To Rangers

Tomas Yokoun
Jason Spezza
Eric Staal

Rangers felt a playoff spot was going to be tough to get in the Gretzky Conference. The opportunity came to trade for a good young goalie. Plus two Franchise Centre's. Jason Spezza & Eric Staal are just to good to pass up.

HelloHockeyFans
01-11-2005, 09:11 PM
:woot:

Nice trade!

Wow the Oilers have just gotten that much better.

looooob
01-11-2005, 09:27 PM
good trade both ways. as someone who had alot of talks with the Oilers it was clear whoemever was going to pony up a good goalie to Edmonton was going to get some great young talent back

Sylvanfan
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I gave away two excellent future players in Spezza and Staal, and a good cheap goalie in Vokun. It was a difficult move to make, but Martin Broduer is the trump card in this game. He is the best player at the most important position, and any team that has him is not overmatched in any game. This move allowed me to keep a strong team intact today and add the goaltender I feel I needed to make me a contender. At the end of the day I'd rather be the best CPHL team now and rate 6/7 in the future watch than be the 6/7 team now with the top future watch rating. It's a bold move to bid for the ultimate prize and if it isn't attained than it will be the wrong move. But without a goalie like Broduer backstopping me I wasn't going to win today, or tommorrow. Still no Spezza and Staal is a tough thing to stomach.

Eddie Bronze
01-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I can't help but wonder:
Oilers have the second best GA total in the entire league, why was goaltending a concern?

To the Rangers, great move for you.

Mango
01-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Perhaps one of the best trades of the season - nice job!

Sylvanfan
01-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Jan 12 2005, 04:51 AM
I can't help but wonder:
Oilers have the second best GA total in the entire league, why was goaltending a concern?

Check my sv% from my top guy. Check my schedule to date. Thats where your answers are. You can not win a championship without a big game goalie.

MJK
01-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Sylvanfan+Jan 12 2005, 05:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sylvanfan @ Jan 12 2005, 05:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-No I.D.@Jan 12 2005, 04:51 AM
I can't help but wonder:

Check my sv% from my top guy. Check my schedule to date. Thats where your answers are. You can not win a championship without a big game goalie. [/b][/quote]
You are right Sylvanfan. We all know that Brodeur already has a CPHL cup under his belt so he is more than capable of doing it again!

Oilers are now a powerhouse!

Sample00
01-12-2005, 08:57 AM
**&^*&%&*%&%$^%$^%$
:angry:

flambers
01-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by mjk123+Jan 12 2005, 07:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mjk123 @ Jan 12 2005, 07:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Sylvanfan@Jan 12 2005, 05:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-No I.D.@Jan 12 2005, 04:51 AM
I can't help but wonder:

Check my sv% from my top guy. Check my schedule to date. Thats where your answers are. You can not win a championship without a big game goalie.
You are right Sylvanfan. We all know that Brodeur already has a CPHL cup under his belt so he is more than capable of doing it again!

Oilers are now a powerhouse! [/b][/quote]
I agree!!