PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Parking at the Airport (And wifi @ the Airport)

ken0042
11-13-2008, 08:01 AM
There appears to be a new parking facility near the airport. But for the life of me I cannot recall the name, nor can I find it in a search. Does anybody recall the name- it is on Barlow north of both Park & Jet (http://www.parkandjetcalgary.com/home.html) and Park & Fly. (http://www.parknfly.ca/content/en/home.aspx)

Also, has anybody used them? Just thinking it isn't worth saving $5 if I have to wait at the airport for an extra hour when I get home from my trip.

jolinar of malkshor
11-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Are you talking about the one north of the terminal?

getbak
11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.park2go.ca/home.htm

It's supposed to offer valet service, so presumably, you drop your vehicle with them and they park it for you while their shuttle takes you to the airport. Then, when you return, your car is ready and waiting for you.

ken0042
11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks getbak.

Looks like they have an online coupon making them $10 cheaper than Park & Jet. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am with the Valet concept; especially having their guy go get my car after it has been sitting in -15 weather for a week. How many seconds will the car jockey let the engine warm up for before he guns it into reverse?

burn_baby_burn
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Park2go is great. Drop your vehicle at the entrance. Get into your vehicle at the entrance when you return. No waiting.

chid
11-13-2008, 09:20 AM
I always use Park2Go, they are typically the first shuttle to pick you up too which I love. Its great seeing the Park and Jet people sitting there waiting...

Bobblehead
11-13-2008, 09:49 AM
How much does it cost to park a week?

ken0042
11-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Park & Jet is $72
Park & Fly is $84 (but I think they have an AMA discount)
Park 2 Go is $70, or use their online coupn for $60

getbak
11-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Both Park & Jet and Park & Fly have AMA discounts.

Bill Bumface
11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
If you're parking somewhere that isn't totally secure, take everything with your home address (registration) and your garage opener out of your car.

Bend it like Bourgeois
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
I use Park to go most times. Generally pretty good. Occasionally it seems to take forever for the pickup though.

burn_this_city
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Whatever you do, dont use the long term parking at the airport itself.. I was late for my flight to vegas last may and I ended up paying $120 to park for 3 or 4 days..

calculoso
11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Why not just take a taxi from home?

ken0042
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Why not just take a taxi from home?

Because last time I looked into it the cost was around $70 each way. I guess it all depends on what part of the city you live in.

Dion
11-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Park and Jet is the service i use.

Dion
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Because last time I looked into it the cost was around $70 each way. I guess it all depends on what part of the city you live in.

That's pretty close to what i was paying when i lived in Queensland.

Mccree
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Ken

Did you end up using park2go? How was it?

Jayems
12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes, would also like to hear about park2go.

ken0042
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
What happened was my one buddy had parking because he works for an airline, so we just parked close to the airport and he drove from there.

So my only airport parking experiences are with Park & Jet.

browna
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Just me, I don't trust my car keys with anyone I don't know for any period of time.

Incinerator
12-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Park2go has a 20% off discount for UofC grads, just show your alumni card.

burn_baby_burn
12-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Thought I would relate a recent experience with Park2go. Used Park2go during a recent trip to Europe. Had to call their shuttle, the last time I used them we didn't, no big deal. Get back to the lot and they can't find our key. After about 20 minutes, and finally letting us look through the keys, we find it. At that point I pretty much had my mind made up that I would never use them again. Because of the inconvenience they didn't charge us for parking, an $85 value. Thought that was pretty good of them. I will definitely use them again.

ken0042
01-09-2009, 01:04 PM
And I'm going to bump my own thread too. Going to the airport this morning I saw that there is now long term parking available at the airport itself for $80 per week. So that's about $8 more than Park & Jet, and no shuttle to deal with. Not sure how close to the airport it actually is, but it looked close.

To get to it you head east on Airport trail from Deerfoot and turn south on 19th street. (The only set of lights between Deerfoot and Barlow.)

Also, not sure if it needs its own thread or not, but the Calgary airport now has free wi-fi. (About time too!) Previously you had to get an account with Telus and if you wanted to pay per day it was around $10.

The Goon
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I just used Park & Fly this past week, so here's an idea of pricing.

Entered Jan 2 at 6:00 am
Departed Jan 7 at 7:00 pm

$83.70 (6 days at $13.95/day) - $13.95 (for stay over five days) - $10.46 (15% AMA discount) = $59.29 total stay + GST.

Thought it was a pretty decent rate, even though I'll get reimbursed by my company. I will say, though, that over holidays, Park & Fly is often full.

GoinAllTheWay
01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Park2Go worked fine for me too. Called the number on the card they gave me as I waited for my baggage. Bus was there when I came out. When we arrived at the lot, my car was first in line and heat was on full blast. It worked out well for me but like others have said, I get nervous leaving my keys with those I don't know. I noted the mileage before handing over the keys, hadn't budged really when I got back.

Seemed ok to me. HELL of a lot better than trying to trudge down snow filled lanes trying to find your car at midnite.

HotHotHeat
01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
What's the deal with that 'cell lot' that is 'now open' right beside the short term parking?

The Goon
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM
What's the deal with that 'cell lot' that is 'now open' right beside the short term parking?

That's where people waiting to pick you up can hang out until you call them on their cellular phone.

woob
01-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Used Park2Go before Christmas when we to Huatulco for 10 days. We drove there at around 4 in the morning the day that big snow storm hit. Drive there was pretty crazy but the Park2Go people had their place all plowed out and ready to go. Drop-off was painless and fast. On our return, there was a shuttle waiting when we walked outside the airport and we only had to wait about 5 minutes before we were off. Our vehicle was warm (mostly - it was frackin cold that day!) and ready for us when we got there. Highly recommend them!

jolinar of malkshor
01-10-2009, 08:22 AM
And I'm going to bump my own thread too. Going to the airport this morning I saw that there is now long term parking available at the airport itself for $80 per week. So that's about $8 more than Park & Jet, and no shuttle to deal with. Not sure how close to the airport it actually is, but it looked close.

To get to it you head east on Airport trail from Deerfoot and turn south on 19th street. (The only set of lights between Deerfoot and Barlow.)

Also, not sure if it needs its own thread or not, but the Calgary airport now has free wi-fi. (About time too!) Previously you had to get an account with Telus and if you wanted to pay per day it was around $10.

Nice, wish they had that when I was there.

Ducay
01-10-2009, 08:35 AM
YVR has free Wi-fi as well. Wouldnt suprise me if mose airports do now (At least Canadian)

Papa Gino
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
for the life of me I cannot find that online coupon...where is it?

wpgflamesfan
01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
YVR has free Wi-fi as well. Wouldnt suprise me if mose airports do now (At least Canadian)

I know Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal all don't. Back on topic Park2Go ftw

ben voyonsdonc
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I didn't really enjoy my experience with Park2Go. I was on Airport Tr and it wasn't marked anywhere...it is well marked on Barlow but I wasn't on Barlow and didn't have a map where it was located. I had already made a reservation and searching for it almost made me late for the flight. Then when I arrived there the driver was in the bathroom...fair enough but it was a frustration for sure.Then they took at least 20min to pick me up when I arrived in Calgary. When I went back to pick up my car, my snow brush/scraper was gone...I used it just before I drove up to the airport and it was definitely in my car when I left it there.

Meh...I'll just cab up there in the future.