PDA

View Full Version : How about the new MLS website (Realtor.ca)

Clarkey
11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
This new site is a piece of crap.

You can't search by area now, you've got to use the map which is a good idea in theory but it's glitchy and requires refreshing whenever you move locations on the map or return to the map from viewing a listing.

Then you combine all this bullshart loading with the fact that a lot of the agents don't seem to be able to put a pin on a map in the proper place. I saw a house in Evanston that was shown to be located in Varsity.

And of course the association is still colluding to hide many of the details from the customer so that their realtor lackey's can continue to get undeserved commissions. Half the listings have complete garbage photos that do a bad job of displaying the houses. Why do you list a property as having a huge treed backyard and not show any photos of it? Why do I find listings that advertise an open house in September in the information blurb?

It angers me to think that at some point I will have to sell/buy another property and pay these inbreds a pretty penny to do so. Am I off base here? I know there's some good realtors out there and this isn't aimed at them.

thatguy
11-11-2008, 06:39 PM
You can search the old way here.

http://www.calgaryfinder.com/lay.php?docID=mlsform

henriksedin33
11-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I agree, the new one is absolutely terrible.

Winsor_Pilates
11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I hate the new site too.
As for crappy realtors, the down market will hopefully weed them out. If they suck and their listings suck, just don't hire them.
There are bad "professionals" in any profession

mac_gurl
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I hate it as well, and find it hard to find a specific type of house quickly and easily.

Deegee
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I really wonder why they switched the way it was.

It's especially bad for small towns, where smaller towns get listed in close bigger towns to draw more attention to the listing.

ken0042
11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
The only good thing is being able to search for houses with a garage. Other than that I agree- it's crap.

When I type "Copperfield" in the search, I don't want to see New Brighton and McKenzie Towne.

MelBridgeman
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Lets not forget that the boards are restricting 3rd party acccess to this data, screwing you even more....a lot of 3rd party vendors can make much better apps for your home search

Not to mention mls.ca is at least 3 days behind...you are better off signing up for a realtors VOW

Nancy
11-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Apparently, my house is for sale for $1.3million dollars and has another 1800 sqft that I didn't know about... (I know my wife was holding something from me!) at least, that's what I gather from the red dot on my house on the map.

People have been ranting about this for a while on the Real Estate Talks board:
http://www.realestatetalks.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36307

mike66
04-25-2009, 12:07 AM
You can search the old way here.

http://www.calgaryfinder.com/lay.php?docID=mlsform

yeah that site still works very!! thank you!!

__________________________________________________ _________
using free westnet wireless downtown calgary wifi, even in stampede park!!

cam_wmh
01-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know how to right click, and open a new listing in a new tab/window?

I used to be able to do that no sweat, but the realtor paranoia about other 3rd party websites scraping their data, has inhibited any "right clicking"

TorqueDog
01-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know how to right click, and open a new listing in a new tab/window?

I used to be able to do that no sweat, but the realtor paranoia about other 3rd party websites scraping their data, has inhibited any "right clicking"1. Holy old thread, Batman.
2. It works fine for me, but I use the old site, not the new 'Beta' of Realtor.ca

http://www.realtor.ca/index.aspx?cul=1 <--- use that site, the 'Beta' site

3. If you insist on using the new site, hold CTRL when you left-click a link and it will open it in a new tab. Holding SHIFT will open it in a new window.

Wormius
01-04-2014, 08:32 PM

I used to be able to do that no sweat, but the realtor paranoia about other 3rd party websites scraping their data, has inhibited any "right clicking"

You can't right-click, but I found that you can drag it into a new tab.