PDA

View Full Version : Cutest Kid - Vibe - Post Pics here

Rathji
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
EDIT: Since there are threads popping up about this contest all over, I want to propose that we merge them that way, we can put our votes toward getting the finalists from CP
Post your voting link and a picture in this thread

If there is enough demand, I could even edit my original post to add in links/pictures for anyone who doesn't want them to be lost in multiple pages.
---------------------------------

So my wife has entered our daughter in this cute kid competition they are holding at Vibe. I figured I would do my part and drum up some support. You can vote once per day per IP. Right now the servers are borderline epic fail so I have included the direct link to vote so you don't need to wade through 20 mins of load times to find her.

If you don't already have someone who you are going to vote for:

Vote here - Vote Often (http://www.vibemorningshow.com/Vote.html?ID=1729)

http://thunderandlightining.com/rathji/Ceci.jpg

Ozy_Flame
11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
That's a really cute kid you have!

Can't say the same for a lot of other kids though; a lot of the parents who are submitting their kids are unfortunately revealing that their kids look more like gremlins than cute children. I see it with other people who are promoting their kids on facebook and such.

Displaced Flames fan
11-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Nice picture Rathji.

My sister has one going as well for Halloween costumed kids at her photographers website. She dressed my 1 yr old nephew as a floppy eared bunny. I told her to be prepared to hide those pictures. He's going to HATE them!

Dion
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Love the picture Rathji.

You have my vote also.

Flash
11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
She's a cutie. Good luck in the contest.

TSXCman
11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
cute girl OP and goodluck

I dislike this VIBE contest tho based on the fact that everything i read on the internet with calgarians in it has multiple people bringing it up. GREAT move on vibe's part though, a successful campaign with the amount of publicity it is getting.

flip
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Vibe says the site has crashed from too much traffic.

cesspoolx
11-11-2008, 02:14 PM
this contest is utter garbage. no your babies arent cute and i wont spend 1 minute to vote.

rubecube
11-11-2008, 02:22 PM
this contest is utter garbage. no your babies arent cute and i wont spend 1 minute to vote.

Seconded. "Parents on an ego trip" for 600 please, Alex.

CMPunk
11-11-2008, 02:23 PM

x3

Muta
11-11-2008, 02:41 PM
People are massively flooding my FB home page with these requests. Then, I click on pictures of their kids and half of them look like demonized gremlin mutants that would give the toilets in Cowboys at 2 a.m. a run for their money in the cuteness department.

Cute kid Rathjii, but this contest itself is becoming increasingly annoying! But I voted you nonetheless. :)

Ethaniel
11-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Please Vote and Pick the Cutest.

See Sig for my Twin Girls.

rubecube
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
People are massively flooding my FB home page with these requests. Then, I click on pictures of their kids and half of them look like demonized gremlin mutants that would give the toilets in Cowboys at 2 a.m. a run for their money in the cuteness department.

Yep. Pretty sure I'm going to start saving all these pictures to my hard drive and uploading them to new paid subscription page known as uglybaby.ca.

The Yen Man
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I also dislike these types of contests, because honestly, most parents think their kids are a lot cuter than they actually are. And people always give the obligatory "aw..that's so cute!" with EVERY baby they see. Meanwhile in my head I'm thinking "are you freaking serious? Cute? Really?" for half the babies I see.

P.S. Not directed at you Rathji, cuz honestly I do actually think your kid is pretty cute.

Rathji
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Decided to make my own thread. Suggest Mod to combine them somehow maybe?

I made this thread with the intent that it was a generic thread that anyone could post their kid in. I will edit the original post to make that clear so we can get rid of the multiple threads.

I also dislike these types of contests, because honestly, most parents think their kids are a lot cuter than they actually are. And people always give the obligatory "aw..that's so cute!" with EVERY baby they see. Meanwhile in my head I'm thinking "are you freaking serious? Cute? Really?" for half the babies I see.

I agree 100%

That is why I posted a pic, to let people decide for themselves rather than just clicking the link blindly. If you don't think she is cute, vote for someone else you think is. My original hope was this thread be a collection of pictures we could vote for from the CP collective. That way we can get as many of the finalists from CP as possible.

Ethaniel
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah and I agree the Mods need to combine them and maybe more generic or i have a feeling the board will be flooded with kids.

jammies
11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I also dislike these types of contests, because honestly, most parents think their kids are a lot cuter than they actually are.

Last year my cousin had a baby that I thought looked rather ugly on first viewing, although of course I didn't say as much. Then, when I mentioned to my dad that I thought the kid was double-plus homely, he laughed and said, "That's too bad because your mother thought he looked a lot like you!"

worth
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Isn't this kind of whoring out your kid for the chance to win money?

It seems strange to me that people are so eager to post pictures of their children all over the internet and enter them into contests. I think that's something I'd rather stay away from when I have kids.

Table 5
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.barackobamaeatsbabies.com/

Flash
11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
We had submitted our kids...or at least we thought so until I looked at the site when it was up and running. Apparently we didn't send the photos in on time so they're not entered...and now that I've seen how many kids are up there, it's just as well. I don't know a single person that would wade through hundreds of pictures and actually vote on the one they thought was the cutest. The only way people are going to get votes is by asking friends and family to vote. While I don't like all the Facebook group invites I've recieved (no, I didn't start one nor would I have if my kids were in!), I do understand parents "campaigning" for some votes.

ruddstud
11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
:ph34r:http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v352/101/42/565881647/n565881647_1847531_1744.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1847510&id=565881647)

www.vibe985.com (http://www.vibe985.com)
Vote at page 38 under the "R" section baby # 1927

rubecube
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Babies are hideous and toddlers are like heavy alcoholics without the ironic hilarity.

You Need a Thneed
11-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Voting for any of the entries is dishonest, since my daughter is the cutest.:D

Ethaniel
11-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Nicely done Thneed.

But I will give you the competition on that one.

It is like George Cairlin (i believe) said every parent thinks their child is the cutest!
I just want to bring attention to mine and see if they are.

ok, ok,....I get it
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Nicely done Thneed.

But I will give you the competition on that one.

It is like George Cairlin (i believe) said every parent thinks their child is the cutest!
I just want to bring attention to mine and see if they are.

Why?....will you be returning them if they are not?

KTrain
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.brennancreative.com/images/photos/sebastianflames.jpg

My kid's the Obama of babies. Except white and can't even change his own diaper. Vote for him anyway. (http://vibemorningshow.com/Vote.html?ID=134)

Ethaniel
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Why?....will you be returning them if they are not?

If i theoretically said yes (i never would) would that make you vote for them and thus make me not return them? Besides I don't think my wife would appreciate me trying to return them.

Table 5
11-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I will honestly vote for your kids if you get rid of that stupid font in your sig, and promise to never use it ever again.

Ethaniel
11-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Well if that is all it took. Done.

Table 5
11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Done. I voted for Taylor (sorry, couldn't bring myself to vote for a "Jorja".)

ok, ok,....I get it
11-11-2008, 03:43 PM
this seems like pimping you kids.....

ok, ok,....I get it
11-11-2008, 03:43 PM
If i theoretically said yes (i never would) would that make you vote for them and thus make me not return them? Besides I don't think my wife would appreciate me trying to return them.

no, no, &.......maybe

Winsor_Pilates
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Isn't this kind of whoring out your kid for the chance to win money?

It seems strange to me that people are so eager to post pictures of their children all over the internet and enter them into contests. I think that's something I'd rather stay away from when I have kids.
Agreed. I don't even live in Calgary and am sick of seeing this contest everywhere I go on the net, and the constant facebook requests. No way I would put my kid in something like this. Blows my mind that a Vibe contest like this gets this much attention.

note: No personal disrespect to the OP of your very cute kid. I just don't agree with this concept of a contest.

rubecube
11-11-2008, 03:59 PM
The real winners are the pedophiles.

burn_this_city
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Man theres some coldness going on here.. Rathji and Ktrain got my votes..

Terrible contest though..

V
11-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Your kids are pretty cute. They look a lot like me...

prarieboy
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I've decided against entering my son in the contest. It seems unfair to crush the hopes and aspirations of all the Calgarypuck faithful. I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. :D

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr325/prarieboy_photo/DEC2007079.jpg

CMPunk
11-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I've decided against entering my son in the contest. It seems unfair to crush the hopes and aspirations of all the Calgarypuck faithful. I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. :D

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr325/prarieboy_photo/DEC2007079.jpg

I don't see it:whistle:

prarieboy
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Everyone's a critic.....

CMPunk
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Everyone's a critic.....

Is this your first day on the internet?;)

prarieboy
11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Is this your first day on the internet?;)

LOL!!! No.

What makes your posts is the Sean Avery sig. It's like he's saying what your typing. Gold.

Dion
11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Attention: Got this picture from my brother. It's not realted to the contest but rather a recent photo of one of the twins from his wifes side of the family. Her name is Stella and i thought the pic was cute :D

http://i36.tinypic.com/335gprc.jpg

Traditional_Ale
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/335gprc.jpg

Its like shes catching me disapprovingly drinking this beer...

A skill learned too early in most cases, but what we have right here is a natural.

God help us all...

(lol...j/k)

Ethaniel
11-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Just a Reminder if you aren't against this thing you can vote everyday. I am sure everyone here would appreciate the votes.

Superflyer
11-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Man with over 2400 kids this is not a cutest kid contest it is a popularity contest, guess Vibe is just getting them used to the real world.

Barnes
11-12-2008, 09:22 AM
My Facebook status reads the following:

Craig says, the most unfortunate thing about Vibe 98.5's cutest kid contest is finding out that he has friends that actually listen to Vibe 98.5.

Ethaniel
11-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Man with over 2400 kids this is not a cutest kid contest it is a popularity contest, guess Vibe is just getting them used to the real world.

Yes well that is why i stated it is a flawed system at the moment. You can essentially have a family of 500 that say all vote everyday. A lot of people could vote in the ugliest kid in the list this way and thus be a flawed system. But the voting proceeds through till the 20th then the Top 10 is selected. Voting then goes on for another week (this would be a stronger system and less flawed than before but still) then the winner is announced.

I don't listen to Vibe 98.5, but I heard about the contest.

kdogg
11-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Agree with most of the posts. Too many kids in this contest only allows for "Top 10" parents who can get people to vote for their kid.

Once the field is narrowed down to 10, then it becomes more of a contest.
________
Lorenzo Live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/lorenzo)

Rathji
11-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Agree with most of the posts. Too many kids in this contest only allows for "Top 10" parents who can get people to vote for their kid.

Once the field is narrowed down to 10, then it becomes more of a contest.

Totally agree with that.

The Goon
11-12-2008, 09:50 PM
All babies look like Winston Churchill, anyway.

RougeUnderoos
11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Or Alfred Hitchcock.

jayswin
11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I say we "Vote for Rory" this thang. Only instead of hijacking the contest by voting for a bad hockey player, we'll all vote for one really ugly baby, over and over again.

black rubber disc bunny
11-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I say we "Vote for Rory" this thang. Only instead of hijacking the contest by voting for a bad hockey player, we'll all vote for one really ugly baby, over and over again.

If that's the case, I think everyone should vote for this kid (not necessarily ugly, but the best pic I've seen in the contest).

Page 11 #556

http://vibemorningshow.com/Pics/556.jpg

Rathji
11-13-2008, 06:41 AM
You know a plan like that would have the potential to mentally scar a kid for life.

I would be in on it if the wife wasn't already using our vote!

rubecube
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
You know a plan like that would have the potential to mentally scar a kid for life.

Which would be all kinds of awesome.

Rathji
11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
OK, I told myself I wasn't going to bump this thread at all but I think a single bump isn't the end of the world.

You can vote every day!

jordaniscute
11-16-2008, 01:35 AM
My name is Jordan Max McKenzie and I'm almost 8 months old. My Mommy entered me in Vibe 98.5's Calgary's Cutest Kid Contest. She really wants me to have that $5000 playhouse for my backyard and some new clothes. I really want her to have a new car and the spa treatments for a year!
I was born on March 17, 2008 (St. Patrick's Day) so my Mommy says I'm very lucky but I am going to need your help to win this contest. Can you please take time out of your day to click on: http://vibemorningshow.com/gallery.html?page=15 and vote for me. I'm #725 - the baby in the duck suit

One more thing can you PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO VOTE FOR ME!
Voting runs Nov. 10-27 and you can vote everyday - one vote per computer.

Jayems
11-16-2008, 01:42 AM
My name is Jordan Max McKenzie and I'm almost 8 months old. My Mommy entered me in Vibe 98.5's Calgary's Cutest Kid Contest. She really wants me to have that $5000 playhouse for my backyard and some new clothes. I really want her to have a new car and the spa treatments for a year!
I was born on March 17, 2008 (St. Patrick's Day) so my Mommy says I'm very lucky but I am going to need your help to win this contest. Can you please take time out of your day to click on: http://vibemorningshow.com/gallery.html?page=15 and vote for me. I'm #725 - the baby in the duck suit

One more thing can you PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO VOTE FOR ME!
Voting runs Nov. 10-27 and you can vote everyday - one vote per computer.

Your command of the English language at 8mths is impressive.

jar_e
11-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Your command of the English language at 8mths is impressive.

I lol'd...and did "jordaniscute" really just sign up for this thread? Sweet jebsus.

CMPunk
11-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I lol'd...and did "jordaniscute" really just sign up for this thread? Sweet jebsus.

I informed the mods. This contest is pretty ridiculous

BlackArcher101
11-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Or lord F a duck... this is just stupid. Now we have parents posting as their kids. HAHAHAHA

photon
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I informed the mods. This contest is pretty ridiculous

At least at 8 months they know not to start a new thread...

CMPunk
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
At least at 8 months they know not to start a new thread...

So what you're saying is that some posters are dumber then an 8 month old?;)

momma
11-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow, I entered my kid, but really she is cute, I know you'll say I'm biased, but whatever. There are some real cuties on the site. They are kids I hope all the parents aren't getting them involved and in the end have a disappointed child or even sibling. I have one friend who put a vote for my sister t-shirt on the older brother!!

I for one will not be entering my daughter when she is old enough to understand what is happening, I don't want her to experience that sort of disappointment at three years old. It happens enough when they are teenagers.

redforever
11-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, I entered my kid, but really she is cute, I know you'll say I'm biased, but whatever. There are some real cuties on the site. They are kids I hope all the parents aren't getting them involved and in the end have a disappointed child or even sibling. I have one friend who put a vote for my sister t-shirt on the older brother!!

I for one will not be entering my daughter when she is old enough to understand what is happening, I don't want her to experience that sort of disappointment at three years old. It happens enough when they are teenagers.

At 3 years old, you really think children know the disappointment of losing in a so called "beauty" pageant? ummmnnnn, me thinks only if the parents have ragged on the poor kid about that contest. Seems parents are pushing their kids in every possible activity now. Gone are the days when we used to rag on hockey moms and dads.

Children at that age should be innocent enough that they have not been exposed to stuff like that.