PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Woman...Why Nice Guys Suck

Jetsfan
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
This is a long rant, so bear with me or hit your back button. I'm frustrated and in no mood for your either, so if you don't want to read it, well...

So I'm dating a nice guy now and it SUCKS. No other way to explain it, it just SUCKS. He's no challenge. He agrees with everything I say. He's got it all though - a decent job, a nice house, no kids, no psycho ex-wives, and he's tall and cute. Anyone ever seen that Friends episode when Alec Baldwin played Phoebe's boyfriend?? YEAH, my boyfriend is THAT nice. He's just too ing nice. Nice is boring. I've never heard him raise his voice. He's never aggressive. He has no edge. He won't even drive over the speed limit and that ing annoys the out of me, yet I sit in the passenger seat and keep my mouth shut... watching everyone whiz by us.
So for the nice guys out there, my advice is this: It's great that you're nice (to an extent), but have some backbone. Don't be a spine donor all your life. When your girl is out of line, say something. Don't let her walk all over you. Occasionally, be a "bad" boy (being bad doesn't translate to abusive or criminal). Say "No" to her sometimes. Raise your voice and be heard. Say something dirty/sexy to her occasionally. Drink a few too many beers and piss out in public. Smack her ass. Don't ever use the word NICE to describe things, especially sex (okay, that may be a personal pet peeve). Have an interest in at LEAST one sport (or pretend to). Drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit once in awhile. Run an old lady off the road just for kicks (yeah, I'm kidding about this one... just ride her bumper for a few miles). Be aggressive during sex. Take off those damn white socks and Jesus sandals. Grow a goatee for a few weeks. Shave your balls. Stray from your routine and shake things up.

BE A MAN FOR GOD'S SAKE... and the women will fall at your feet.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/wdc/205576820.html

burn_this_city
11-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Hahah.. Why when I do those things do they call me an a55hole?

Jayems
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
and I always thought girls liked being treated nice... I'll test a few of these out, and I'll come back and tell you if I'm single again

I'll start by yelling and throwing cheerios at her... then tell her to pick them up...

PYroMaNiaC
11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Or.....let a nice guy date a nice woman.

MrMastodonFarm
11-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Well you're one great big ball of bitch aren't you.

Julio
11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Just so people don't beak @ Jetsfan, the link at the bottom of the post shows that this is a craigslist post in DC two years ago...

4X4

Well you're one great big ball of bitch, aren't you?

The Fonz
That's why girls date dicks, because if you're too nice it's boring.

Clarkey
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Women want a nice guy who's not a puss.

Dion
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Laughed my ass off while reading that! Nothing like the victim mentality where she goes on and on about how she dislikes the guy she's with. Hello! Dump the guy and find someone that meets your approval!

Da_Chief
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Laughed my ass off while reading that! Nothing like the victim mentality where she goes on and on about how she dislikes the guy she's with. Hello! Dump the guy and find someone that meets your approval!

heres your answer to that, thats what they want!
a decent job, a nice house, no kids, no psycho ex-wives, and he's tall and cute.

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 06:53 AM
and I always thought girls liked being treated nice... I'll test a few of these out, and I'll come back and tell you if I'm single again

I'll start by yelling and throwing cheerios at her... then tell her to pick them up...
Do you have a British accent? That's all you need...:bag:

peter12
11-11-2008, 07:39 AM

Hahahaha.

Women who like the bad boy always get kicked in the ass or an STD.

The Ditch
11-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Women want a guy who's perfect, don't you get it?

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 07:58 AM
It's sad that "nice" is so often equated with being boring. I've met "bad boys" who are boring, maybe because their game is just boring and unoriginal. And why is "pretty" so ioften equated with "bitch"? I guess I can understand that....the whole thing is just such a mess.

chris lindberg
11-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Shave your balls. Stray from your routine and shake things up.

Yeah, you tell 'em!
;)

Nancy
11-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Run an old lady off the road just for kicks (yeah, I'm kidding about this one... just ride her bumper for a few miles).

Because it takes a real man to intimidate an old lady with a 5,000 lb machine.

MrMastodonFarm
11-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Well you're one great big ball of bitch, aren't you?
Nerd.

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2008, 10:44 AM
So if I'm a 'nice' guy, I should be so self confident to the point that I'm such a catch that it comes across as a little bit of conceit? So that way I'm a nice guy/###### hybrid?

The Ditch
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
So if I'm a 'nice' guy, I should be so self confident to the point that I'm such a catch that it comes across as a little bit of conceit? So that way I'm a nice guy/###### hybrid?

I'm confused, how many popped collars is that?

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Well that's a nice banana hammock you've got there:cool:

gordo67
11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I just got slapped for calling my wife a F-ing Biotch, guess I am going back to being nice..

Ozy_Flame
11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I've been telling guys this time and time again in my articles on Ask Men.

Sexual attractiveness is the most important part of a relationship. I don't care what anyone says. You don't get that when you agree with everything she says and follow the rules of how a boyfriend is supposed to behave. Never works, never will.

So if you're going to be an overly nice guy, let out your inner freak in the bedroom. It will compensate nicely. :)

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Well that's a nice banana hammock you've got there:cool:

What can I say, its how I roll. Big Ballin, Shot Callin!

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm confused, how many popped collars is that?

none. but to compensate your wear a cap; have slightly rounded brim and allow the cap to 'float' on our head at the perfect angle.

and no I'm not hat much of a dink. I'm a 'nice guy' whose fully aware that I'm a catch.:cool:

sclitheroe
11-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I think at some primevil level, it's all about cooking huge chunks of meat.

Her - "what's for dinner"
Me - "steak"
Her - "That's a big steak, are we splitting it?"
Me - "No, thats the small one, its yours"

Impossibly huge cuts of meat are a surefire way to show you can provide...doesn't matter if she can't finish it, all she will remember is how big the steak was.

10 years latter, I'm still cooking steaks she can't finish, so I'm positive this tactic works.

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I think at some primevil level, it's all about cooking huge chunks of meat.

Her - "what's for dinner"
Me - "steak"
Her - "That's a big steak, are we splitting it?"
Me - "No, thats the small one, its yours"

Impossibly huge cuts of meat are a surefire way to show you can provide...doesn't matter if she can't finish it, all she will remember is how big the steak was.

10 years latter, I'm still cooking steaks she can't finish, so I'm positive this tactic works.

My Steak's HUGE :whistle:

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Aw darn I'm a vegetarian.

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Aw darn I'm a vegetarian.

Story of my life:whaa:

edit: no Craigslist Women thread is complete without this
http://blogs.trb.com/entertainment/tv/cable/blog/ep49_turtlebunny_506_03-thumb.jpeg

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
That's okay it was the bananas that got me in the first place!

Yeah_Baby
11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
That's okay it was the bananas that got me in the first place!

*insert 'peel my banana joke' here*

Vena
11-11-2008, 11:40 AM
The girl who wrote that has issues. If she doesn't like him, she needs to move on and find someone who will treat her the way she wants to be treated.

sadora
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM

Confidence is about knowing that you're great, NOT GREATER than anyone else. Don't underestimate the power of confidence, especially when it translates to dating because the last thing women want is a guy who is constantly seeking her approval, or constantly buying them things as a way to buy her affection.
I have a friend who always goes through this negative cycle with women simply because he never feels he as if he's good enough, a "wuss" mentality if you will, and he never gets the girls he wants with that mind frame. He's so afraid to be seen as an a'hole by women that he instead turns into this ultra sensitive, chick type hybrid. He's got a lot of "girl" friends that treat him just like one of the girls, but would never actually sleep with him. It's disgusting.
What he doesn't understand is that he can balance his respect for women, which is something that needs to be there, with having the confidence to be a man, which is ultimately what women want.

Cliche
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Reminds me of this Tuckermax story (http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/girl_almost_beats_tucker_at_his_own_game.phtml#611 ) WARNING Probably NSFW

Especially when it includes gem's like this: The third night we acted out her mock rape fantasies.

burn_this_city
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Confidence is about knowing that you're great, NOT GREATER than anyone else. Don't underestimate the power of confidence, especially when it translates to dating because the last thing women want is a guy who is constantly seeking her approval, or constantly buying them things as a way to buy her affection.
I have a friend who always goes through this negative cycle with women simply because he never feels he as if he's good enough, a "wuss" mentality if you will, and he never gets the girls he wants with that mind frame. He's so afraid to be seen as an a'hole by women that he instead turns into this ultra sensitive, chick type hybrid. He's got a lot of "girl" friends that treat him just like one of the girls, but would never actually sleep with him. It's disgusting.
What he doesn't understand is that he can balance his respect for women, which is something that needs to be there, with having the confidence to be a man, which is ultimately what women want.

Haha I feel bad for those guys.. My buddy is spitting imagine of what you described.. Chicks don't respect guys who makes better doormats than anything else.

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Reminds me of this Tuckermax story (http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/girl_almost_beats_tucker_at_his_own_game.phtml#611 ) WARNING Probably NSFW

Especially when it includes gem's like this:
I thought that was hilarious! Guys are always telling me about the freaky women they meet here in Fl. and unfortunately many of us suffer by association.

Bill Bumface
11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Sounds like you are dating hulkrogan.

If flipping her $2 for the bus when were finished up is being a nice guy, guilty as charged.

flip
11-11-2008, 12:26 PM

Especially when it includes gem's like this:

Tucker Max stories are always epic. The breathalyzer one is classic. As is the one where he's at a party and punches a chick in the...

Sainters7
11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I dont really see the big deal in what she said. Obviously she has a preference for more of a "guy's guy", especially with the "why can't he like sports?" comment. But over-all I dont see the big deal. It's good to be nice, it doesn't mean she wants an a$$hole. She just wants a "man", someone with a backbone. Hence her comments about "if your girl is out of line, tell her". Sounds like the guy has no spine and takes alot of crap with her. I could see her frustration.

Dion
11-11-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.mroblivious.com/excuses.gif

Dion
11-11-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.mroblivious.com/spotniceguy.gif

burn_this_city
11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
^^ hahaha.. This puts credence in my theory that being an ass sometimes pays dividends..

habernac
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
the guy she mentions wasn't nice, he was a doormat. Big difference.

Coach
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
I dont really see the big deal in what she said. Obviously she has a preference for more of a "guy's guy", especially with the "why can't he like sports?" comment. But over-all I dont see the big deal. It's good to be nice, it doesn't mean she wants an a$$hole. She just wants a "man", someone with a backbone. Hence her comments about "if your girl is out of line, tell her". Sounds like the guy has no spine and takes alot of crap with her. I could see her frustration.

My question is why is the woman giving the guy crap if shes just gonna whine about him not doing anything about it? Seems kind of backwards to me. If you dont give him crap the problem's solved

Sainters7
11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
My question is why is the woman giving the guy crap if shes just gonna whine about him not doing anything about it? Seems kind of backwards to me. If you dont give him crap the problem's solved

Very true. Like I was saying, she obviously wants a "man's man", as there's some odd comments she makes on there. Like wanting a guy to pi$$ in public, wanting him to love sports, and hoping he'd ride a granny's bumper on the freeway. She sounds like a bit of a redneck, at least at heart. Why she'd go for such a soft-spoken guy when she's attracted to the complete opposite is beyond me, that's her own fault. Not every girl wants a guy that "manly", if that's the word for it.

But I just mean in general, girls want a guy with at least some backbone. In terms of putting her in her place when she gets annoying; everyone gets in scraps, I dont care who you are. Maybe you had a bad day and you say some things that you dont mean and later regret when you settle down. It happens to the best of us. But if when that happens to you, you drop your head and tuck your tail between your legs, she's probably going to lose respect for you once she settles down and replays the moment in her head. I think it just goes back to basic primal instincts, in wanting a strong confident man that they feel safe around and will provide for them. It's sexual attraction in its most primal form.

It doesn't mean you have to be one of those arrogant dicks we all see every day. You can still be a nice guy and have a little backbone. That's all I mean...and on a side note, I would never go for a girl like this one that wrote the article. I bet she's a firecracker, I hate girls like that.

missdpuck
11-11-2008, 05:04 PM
It's hard to have just a friendship with someone who has no backbone.

flip
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Never has a movie given out truer advice (40 year old virgin):

[To Andy before he hits on Beth] There are three rules when it comes talking to women. Number 1 ask questions, don't say anything, because women, all they wanna do is talk about themselves so you're just gonna let them do that. 2 be cool and 3 be kind of a dick. Look be like David Caruso in "Jade".

Ryan Coke
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
As Hab said, this wasn't a girl who didn't like 'nice', this was a woman who didn't like 'spineless'.

Be all the nice you can, but don't think that agreeing with everything she says, or putting up with whatever she does, is the way to make her like you. She'll just end up losing respect for you.

CMPunk
11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
My question is, how many pM's has she recived since she posted that?:bag:

Scrambler
11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Beyonce: "If I were a boy....."

Russic
11-11-2008, 11:09 PM
It sounds like being nice isn't the problem but rather that he doesn't stick up for himself or provide an opinion. I think there's a big difference there. There's no reason you can't be nice and express yourself.

Jetsfan
11-12-2008, 12:04 PM
My question is, how many pM's has she recived since she posted that?:bag:

I don't know it's a two year old posting that I found on Craigslist that made me laugh.