PDA

View Full Version : High School Football Championships

Eric Vail
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the start time for my 8 PM City Championship Final against unbeaten Diefenbaker. Is there anyone else here who is involved as a player/coach/ref in the games this weekend?

LIP MAN
11-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm ref, gimme the nod and I'll throw the flag ;)

Got Miikka?
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
San Dimas High School football rules!

Delthefunky
11-10-2008, 10:34 AM
www.krammag.com !! (Local highschool sports)

Prototype
11-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry Eric, I'm alumni of Dief. Don't take it personally, but I hope you lose. :P

flip
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Francis all the way bitches!!

But they were eliminated in the Semis this year IIRC.

cSpooge
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Francis all the way bitches!!

But they were eliminated in the Semis this year IIRC.

but still were in provincials but go their asses handed to them in raymond over the weekend... 55-7 or something.

Traditional_Ale
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the start time for my 8 PM City Championship Final against unbeaten Diefenbaker. Is there anyone else here who is involved as a player/coach/ref in the games this weekend?

Did you end up winning and then go out, get wasted, and sing karaoke about it?

My girl saw you at the bar. She wants her hearing back.

ricoFlame
11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
knibb high football rules!

tvp2003
11-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Question - who are the powerhouses these days? Back in the day (1997), Francis was the team to beat (and I know they still are), but Churchill, Grandin, Beaverbrook, and Carroll usually fielded strong teams (out of the top division or Conference "B"). Nowadays, I see all the teams spread out in different divisions.

Also, does Raymond, Cochrane, and/or LCI still dominate the Southern Alberta scene?

ricoFlame
11-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Question - who are the powerhouses these days? Back in the day (1997), Francis was the team to beat (and I know they still are), but Churchill, Grandin, Beaverbrook, and Carroll usually fielded strong teams (out of the top division or Conference "B"). Nowadays, I see all the teams spread out in different divisions.

Also, does Raymond, Cochrane, and/or LCI still dominate the Southern Alberta scene?

Raymond is the dominant tier 1 team in the province, not just the south. they're at or near the top every year.

flip
11-10-2008, 06:05 PM

Francis has one something like 28 of the last 40 City Championships. They are by far the best perennial powerhouse in the city.

Yet they've only won something like 4 Provincial championships in that time. Including one or two since 03.

rubecube
11-10-2008, 08:54 PM

Central is usually there in Div. 2 or B or whatever you call it, especially the juniors.

Eric Vail
11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Francis has one something like 28 of the last 40 City Championships. They are by far the best perennial powerhouse in the city.

Yet they've only won something like 4 Provincial championships in that time. Including one or two since 03.

Calgary didn't participate in the provincials for a long time. I believe the reason was because the league didn't want the province dictating the schedule when it only had relevence for a couple teams in the entire city. Francis has won their share of provincial titles since Calgary has competed.

Eric Vail
11-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Did you end up winning and then go out, get wasted, and sing karaoke about it?

My girl saw you at the bar. She wants her hearing back.

Is this the best humour you've got?

CaptainCrunch
11-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey I was proud of Forest Lawn, a team that I coached with for 4 years and had all kinds of struggles. Their senior division III team got to the finals, only to bow out in a tough close game. But its a big turnaround for their program.

Dion
11-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Lord Beaverbrook alumni :D

fliguy
11-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Wise Wood!! City and Provincial Champs back in 92!!! And apparently City Champs again this year!

Sainters7
11-11-2008, 01:52 AM
^^^
Wise Wood city champs this year?? Wow things have changed since I graduated a few years ago...

My Ghosts are still hurting from O'Byrne being opened in 2003 or whenever it was. Basically lost all of Shawnessey, Millrise and Sundance due to that. I think half of our undefeated team were from Sundance.