PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Putin could reclaim Russian presidency within months

jolinar of malkshor
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Dropping the clearest hint yet that Mr Putin, now prime minister, plans a swift return, senior government sources told the respected newspaper Vedomosti that Dmitry Medvedev could step down next year.
Mr Medvedev is first expected to usher through constitutional changes that would allow Mr Putin to return to his old job for 12 more years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/3392827/Vladimir-Putin-could-reclaim-Russian-presidency-within-months.html

And all those lefty's thought Bush was going to do this.

This is not good for Russia. All hail Czar Putin.

peter12
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
This just makes me laugh.

Table 5
11-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Once again only goes to prove that Russians are the shadiest, most corrupt people on the planet. The funny thing is that this was totally expected by everyone.

peter12
11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Once again only goes to prove that Russians are the shadiest, most corrupt people on the planet. The funny thing is that this was totally expected by everyone.

Whatever. Russians are also bad-ass.

Muta
11-07-2008, 01:55 PM

As someone who's ancestry is deeply rooted from that area, I will agree that your assessment is accurate. Russia is probably the last place I would take my business.

Table 5
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Whatever. Russians are also bad-ass.

Deep.

As someone who's ancestry is deeply rooted from that area, I will agree that your assessment is accurate. Russia is probably the last place I would take my business.

I guess when you have been beaten, brutallized, and generally treated like crap by every ruler for centuries, the people really don't know any other way. They crave this type of power. In some ways I don't blame them for their corruption, but still, an extremely harsh society for any outsider to understand.

peter12
11-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Deep.

I guess when you have been beaten, brutallized, and generally treated like crap by every ruler for centuries, the people really don't know any other way. They crave this type of power. In some ways I don't blame them for their corruption, but still, an extremely harsh society for any outsider to understand.

Okay, for fun's sake, let me expand. Having been to parts of Eastern Europe, I don't know. Russians are totally corrupt and whoever can break the rules the fastest wins, but Russians are also really scary people. Like dirt tough. It's probably because that country has never had a golden era or whatever, but those people have learned to cope.

RougeUnderoos
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I don't know much about it, but I was under the impression that he never really left power in the first place.

Medvedev was giving a speech the other day (maybe older footage) and there was Putin, scowling away in the front row. It was actually kind of funny.

Yeah_Baby
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Why doesn't Putin just declare himself Czar, were all thinking it anyways.

Ozy_Flame
11-07-2008, 02:17 PM
The Bear was only hibernating. He's going to be hungry when he wakes up, and the Caucasus region is on the lunch menu.

jolinar of malkshor
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't know much about it, but I was under the impression that he never really left power in the first place.

Medvedev was giving a speech the other day (maybe older footage) and there was Putin, scowling away in the front row. It was actually kind of funny.

He is no longer president but he was appointed primeminister.

troutman
11-07-2008, 02:26 PM
What is to be done?

http://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1901/witbd/iv.htm

Matata
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Obama vs. Putin.

Its 'Cold War II: the Coldening'.

or

'Cold War II: who left the fridge open?'

Locke
11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Awesome. That guy is wicked.

The real question is; what would Vladimir Putin do for a Klondike Bar?

Matata
11-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Someone asked hitler that, and just look what happened.

I'm here all night folks.

mykalberta
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
The Bear was only hibernating. He's going to be hungry when he wakes up, and the Caucasus region is on the lunch menu.

That might have been true when Oil was $150, now not so much.

A couple large companies in Russia needed to secure financing from CHINA to keep afloat. I heard they had to guarantee so much oil to China as a result.

Honestly, now that Republicans arent running the show, the US should let Europe deal with Mother Russia. Its time for them to start handling buisness on their own continent for once.

peter12
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM

Pull all your fingernails out with his teeth.

getbak
11-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Pull all your fingernails out with his teeth.
And then he'd tell you that he didn't really want the Klondike bar in the first place.

Ozy_Flame
11-07-2008, 02:53 PM
That might have been true when Oil was $150, now not so much.

A couple large companies in Russia needed to secure financing from CHINA to keep afloat. I heard they had to guarantee so much oil to China as a result.

Honestly, now that Republicans arent running the show, the US should let Europe deal with Mother Russia. Its time for them to start handling buisness on their own continent for once.

Two things...

1) Oil will go back up to $150, it's not a matter of if but when. Especially given how fast oil can change prices on a whim.

2) Russia has a long-storied history with the Caucasus region, which makes me very worried that it isn't only about oil; if it was, Chechnya, Abhkazia and Ossetia wouldn't be problems. Russians are very passionate people, and passionate about their troubled history. Oil is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to conflicts in the Caucasus.

Azure
11-07-2008, 05:35 PM
This should be good.