PDA

View Full Version : What will be news tomorrow?

REDVAN
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
With the US election happening tomorrow night, and a new "leader of the free world" being decided, we'll have nothing on TV other than McCain or Obama for another 2 weeks or so...

But after that, what happens? What news will there be? We've been subjected to the same old same old for over the past year! Does anyone have any fantastical predictions about what will be the medias new darling?

I for one think that there will be more focus on international events, which is something that the American media has strayed from in the last year or so.

Will there be a tragedy? Will there be something great happen? What are you hoping will happen in the next year that will be news worthy?

(I am not sure if this is or has been talked about in the US Election thread, and to be honest, I don't want to read or search it to find out... so if this has been discussed already, a mod should close it.)

Nancy
11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
The economy will continue to tank, the war will drag on, the Obamanation will be a one-term presidency very much like Jimmy Carter's.

Kipper is King
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
McCain will open a gardening center and push up daisies! :ph34r:

FlamesAddiction
11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Just going by history, you know that shortly after the U.S. election, some maverick world leader will test whoever wins... and in all likelihood, it will be North Korea again... and it will probably be Obama being tested. So I think one of the next big stories will be North Korea flexing their muscles again.

Temporary_User
11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll be awesoming around town tomorrow. I'm sure something news worthy will take place.

Nancy
11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll be awesoming around town tomorrow. I'm sure something news worthy will take place.

Oh no, not this again:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2008/10/30/school-lockdown.html

Ford Prefect
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
The new is like everything else anymore ... it's all re-runs. The names may change, but the stories just keep repeating themselves.

Prototype
11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Flames Win, Flames Win!

http://cubsfans.com/images/Harry_Caray.jpg

flylock shox
11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
A new teen starlet will emerge, reach superstardom, be exploited by those around her, get busted on a DUI, turn into an unapologetic megaslut, go into rehab, relaunch her career, fail, slip to the B-list, survive on the embers of her former glory for a few years, slip into total obscurity, reemerge in the center square on Hollywood Squares 2030 hosted by Ryan Seacrest, land a bit part part in a well-received but non-blockbusting drama, earn an Academy Award nomination for said part, lose, state that "it was just nice to be nominated," slip back into total obscurity, and have her death reported in a 10 second news-blip by an Anchor who wasn't born when her first single reached number 1.

And the stock market will go back up.

REDVAN
11-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I agree with the "rogue" state testing the new President, but I hope it doesn't lead to anything too crazy, like dropping the bomb again.

I always like to imagine the future.

Dan02
11-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Decision 2012!

JohnnyB
11-04-2008, 03:15 AM
The news is not nearly as interesting as real life. I look forward to that more.