PDA

View Full Version : Used CD places in Calgary?

Bobblehead
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't think Tramps exists anymore. I know I could go to some pawn shops, but there must be some good used music places kicking around.

Prototype
10-24-2008, 01:27 PM
14th and Northmount... Revolutions.

10th and Kensington... Hot Wax.

I'd reccomend Revolutions over anything else in the city. Every time I've been in there, it's never felt like a pawn shop, and I manage to walk out with a reasonably priced SNES game, or a DVD while I'm at it.

Haven't been in there for a while, but I know between my brother and I, and all the money we've spent, we've saved a lot, especially with their customer loyality program.

Gotta go back one of these days and see if they have PS3 games or Blu-ray movies.

habernac
10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
for selection, Recordland in Inglewood can't be beat.

RougeUnderoos
10-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Tramps exists. Or at least it did a few months ago. They were still selling cassette tapes.

Bobblehead
10-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Tramps exists. Or at least it did a few months ago. They were still selling cassette tapes.

I just know the ones that I recall driving by weren't there the last few times I paid attention. I looked up their website, and it doesn't exist anymore either.

So there may still be some stores around, but I don't know where.

There are just a bunch of older stuff I've been thinking I would like to get, and a few of my CDs have had issues and need to be replaced (no scratches or anything I can see, but none of the CD players I have tried them in will play the final track anymore, and Rush's "Spirit of the Radio" is one of my favourite songs of all times)

habernac
10-24-2008, 03:34 PM

yeah, there's one at the corner of Macleod Tr and Southland

JiriHrdina
10-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Recordland is by far the best for this however it's a challenge to find stuff. Their shelves go right down to the bottom so you find yourself almost completely lieing on the floor at times to try and find the CD you are looking for. Tramps is easier in that regard but they lack the selection.

Aeneas
10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Was just at Recordland the other day. Like Jiri says, those bottom two shelves can be quite difficult! But you cannot beat the selection.

I picked up a bunch of 80's stuff this trip.

Alphaville (new, wrapped)
Human League
Violent Femmes
Julian Cope !!! ("World shut your Mouth")

$10 each, 3 for $25.

JiriHrdina
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
^Yeah for 80s stuff there is no other place to go but Recordland- can find some stuff there that you simply can't uncover anywhere else.

Bobblehead
10-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Quite the place.

WindomURL
10-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Was just at Recordland the other day. Like Jiri says, those bottom two shelves can be quite difficult! But you cannot beat the selection.

I picked up a bunch of 80's stuff this trip.

Alphaville (new, wrapped)
Human League
Violent Femmes
Julian Cope !!! ("World shut your Mouth")

$10 each, 3 for $25.

Wow, I've had this CD since it came out. I still love playing it every few months.
Now, if you could find some The Teardrop Explodes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Teardrop_Explodes), that would be awesome!

Aeneas
10-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow, I've had this CD since it came out. I still love playing it every few months.
Now, if you could find some The Teardrop Explodes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Teardrop_Explodes), that would be awesome!
Where is flizzenflozz? He'd be all over this thread!
I did find Teardrop Explodes!!! Thought it would be too obscure to mention!
Trust CP, never make assumptions.

It is only a best of...but I've never found anything else.

The insert is hilarious, full of details about their completly wasted shows. Said one night at a small club,

"...Brilliant at times, awful at others but never dull. Mostly out of their minds on dope and speed, ... Julian focussed on a girl standing by the bar and performed his heart out to her. Short sighted as a mongoose, he later realized he'd played the whole show to an Egypian style plaster bust."

Next time you come out to the pub, we'll get Jodi to put it on!

WindomURL
10-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Rockin' good news! I'll try to be there next Sunday the 2nd. And I'll bring the hockey pool thing for you. :whistle:

Aeneas
10-25-2008, 05:01 PM
We'll have to get Firstlady and troutman out for some poker revenge.

ps loved The Thing (1982)

pps dissappointed to not find Heaven 17 "Penthouse and Pavement at recordland.